All hail Stiliyan Petrov!

momo

Its also Petrov that jumps out the way and turns his back for Arteta's free kick. If him and Gardenr had stayed together it wouldnt have got through the wall. I hate the way players turn their backs for free kicks.

I believe some are told to, so they are facing any rebounds after the ball has passed them. Don't know if that is the case at Villa but there is some merit in the idea.

Its also Petrov that jumps out the way and turns his back for Arteta's free kick. If him and Gardenr had stayed together it wouldnt have got through the wall. I hate the way players turn their backs for free kicks.

I believe some are told to, so they are facing any rebounds after the ball has passed them. Don't know if that is the case at Villa but there is some merit in the idea.

Makes sense but at least wait till the ball is past your head first.

Petrov is a lazy player.You watch him off the ball.Does'nt track his man, does'nt offer himself to receive the ball, does'nt support the attack, does'nt cover the defence.He is ok on the baqll, but is'nt a good passer, and is'nt mobile or energetic enough to be in a Prem team.When we replace him we will be a much better player.I would play GG in place of him, a young,hungry,competative player.Get Petrov , Heskey, Dunne etc out asap.

petrov has been good for villa, i remember we had a player & captain like petrov under big ron..kevin richardson,we knew kr was ok/steady but wasnt sure what we had till he went. HOWEVER,we replaced kr with a young man,a box to box player,a man who had villa in his blood just like you and i .. can we have another IAN TAYLOR please

If I never saw him in a Villa shirt again I wouldn't bat an eyelid

He adds no thrust to the midfield. If he does have an engine it's permanently stalled.

He adds no pace

He adds no physical strength

He adds no goal threat

His tackling is suspect at best

He adds no leadership when we need it

He's 100% 'average' at all of the above. A MAJOR reason we've not prgressed since he came to the club

He's a lovely bloke mind. Not that that matters one jot.

Stan has been a great servant and model pro for us.

So he had a bad game, get over it FFS

We need Stan for this run in

I tend to agree with this but I hope we do let him go this summer and bring somebody else in. He has been probably our best player over the course of the season, and as you say a great servant, but we all know he is limited and we are over reliant on him. Would be great to see a midfield next season with a bit of bite and energy to it.

Gardner should be starting in his spot from now on. Season is a bust so might as well play the best talent we got instead of someone that might be leaving in the summer. Plus Petrov is well past his prime.

Why must we get rid of him? I agree that he shouldn't be our main starting midfielder but he can be more than useful as a backup or impact sub. Petrov has been very good for the club both on and off the field and is well worth keeping another season even if he will mainly come of the bench.

Why must we get rid of him? I agree that he shouldn't be our main starting midfielder but he can be more than useful as a backup or impact sub

Because hes way past it, is on 50 grand a week and is possibly the worst 'impact sub' imaginable. It would be stupid to keep him here on that basis. My opinion of course.

Have already posted this idea at some length in the AM thread but i wonder if anyone would consider Stan Petrov as our next manager as he is quite obviously coming to the end of his playing career with us? He would bring the club as a whole together and would be given time from both fans and board alike to fashion his own team.

Have already posted this idea at some length in the AM thread but i wonder if anyone would consider Stan Petrov as our next manager as he is quite obviously coming to the end of his playing career with us? He would bring the club as a whole together and would be given time from both fans and board alike to fashion his own team.

Horrendous.

Why must we get rid of him? I agree that he shouldn't be our main starting midfielder but he can be more than useful as a backup or impact sub

Because hes way past it, is on 50 grand a week and is possibly the worst 'impact sub' imaginable. It would be stupid to keep him here on that basis. My opinion of course.

I'm aware you aren't a fan of him but the games that he has come as a sub he has done well. The main complaint I hear against petrov is that he tires, well if he is only playing 20-30 minutes then that will be a non-issue.

Also his wage shouldn't be an issue, he has 1 year left after this season and we aren't going to get any money for him. Its unlikely we will get a replacement for cheap and that replacement wouldn't be happy on the bench while we try and get Gardner in the team which looks to be the plan.