All hail Stiliyan Petrov!

momo

Yes, it actually helps if you are at the match, not suggesting either of you wasn`t but most on here never go.

Well I have been to about 20 games this season, the QPR game being one. Though I'm not sure if you mis-read my post or anything, because I agree with you that Petrov was outstanding - it was a comment about Ireland I was responding to.

Petrov-Clark is by far the worst midfield in terms of creativity.. its like NRC-Muamba in my opinion.

They both shouldn't play at the same time in midfield.

at a guess id say petrov probably has probably been involved in more villa goals than any other player this season.

A clarke Petrov midfield is perhaps lacking in a little creativity yet it supports a front four of bent, keane, ireland and nzog.

Petrov has been a great servant to this club, his time probably is drawing to a close but at the moment hes one of our stand out performers and we have bigger problems in other areas.

People asking for him to leave I think he would make a great bench option like Giggs for United.

It's likely that in the summer another player will become a starter from our youth. Assuming Gardner is Petrovs replacement we would need experience in the ranks as well just in case. petrov is that answer. You wot find another experienced prem midfielder who is happy to play less football.

Just as we may have Clark at the back with maybe just one of cuellar dune and Collins remaining we need experience. samba? And who else?

Replacing for new is all well and good but if we want strength in depth Petrov (if happy to) would be ideal bench material for us. Extend his playing career at the top by a couple of seasons and help guide our young players and also have presence in the dressing room.

On that basis I would want Gabby and Bent to start with Gabby as captain. He leads by example because he's a villain.

He isn't a classy player, he's a **** disgrace. Couldn't even be bothered to wave to the travelling supporters at the end of he game and he's suppose to be the captain. I could understand the defenders not doing it because we know they're bunch of rocket polishers, but Given, Bannan and even Bent managed to so what's his excuse? He always goes to hiding when it gets tough. ALWAYS. He's not leadership material.

He isn't a classy player, he's a **** disgrace. Couldn't even be bothered to wave to the travelling supporters at the end of he game and he's suppose to be the captain. I could understand the defenders not doing it because we know they're bunch of rocket polishers, but Given, Bannan and even Bent managed to so what's his excuse? He always goes to hiding when it gets tough. ALWAYS. He's not leadership material.

Thats the biggest pile of horse shit ive read on here in ages.

I've never considered him as a leader. He always has his head down when it gets tough and he did it again yesterday. When you've got Bent rising above it over the club's captain you know he isn't worthy enough to wear the armband. Disgraceful really he's still wearing it. Just give it to Given.

And look at the leadership qualities with Keane lately. When have you ever seen Petrov do that?

Petrov, if you wanna leave just go. It's obvious you wanted out with the whole wanted to play for Liverpool scenario.

I've never considered him as a leader. He always has his head down when it gets tough and he did it again yesterday. When you've got Bent rising above it over the club's captain you know he isn't worthy enough to wear the armband. Disgraceful really he's still wearing it. Just give it to Given.

And look at the leadership qualities with Keane lately. When have you ever seen Petrov do that?

Petrov, if you wanna leave just go. It's obvious you wanted out with the whole wanted to play for Liverpool scenario.

Seriously, where are you dreaming this stuff up from? :?

Seriously, where are you dreaming this stuff up from? :?

http://www.birminghampost.net/midlands-birmingham-sport/west-midlands-sports/aston-villa-fc/2012/02/06/aston-villa-alex-mcleish-tells-players-not-to-snub-fans-again-97319-30274752/#ixzz1lcHmWOEc

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/villa-star-wants-dream-liverpool-move

:?

Really? When we're losing he doesn't really seem to do anything to kick the players up a gear. Where as Keane he has done it a few times already. Look at the compairson. It's huge. Petrov goes missing quite alot. I don't rate him as a captain.

Really? When we're losing he doesn't really seem to do anything to kick the players up a gear. Where as Keane he has done it a few times already. Look at the compairson. It's huge. Petrov goes missing quite alot. I don't rate him as a captain.

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it, but i dont agree with it one iota.

Ive never seen Petrov give anything but 100% for the team.

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it, but i dont agree with it one iota.

Ive never seen Petrov give anything but 100% for the team.

This!

Bollocks. He is spot on. Worst captain in my 18 years supporting Villa. One of the most overrated players by some as well.

One of the most overrated players by some as well.

Equally he’s one of the most underrated players by some...

Yep. Somewhere in the middle is probably the reality.

That's a common theme on here I suppose!