All hail Stiliyan Petrov!

momo

a question which hasnt been asked

hes in his 30s now, do we keep him till he cant go anymore and retires, or do we sell him soonish whilst we still can and get a mil or so for him? to which, ireland will probably be his replacement

Get rid!! haha

hes been a good servant over the past few years, sometimes his performances cant be questioned, but money is money, and business is business, we paid £8m for him, he will be worth nothing when he retires, will the club want to recoup anything? maybe sell at the end of this season or end of next? its a sorry situation, but he cant go forever (unfortunately)

is gardner the next petrov?

Some of the negative comments on here about Stan are laughable, clearly posted by those who know **** all about football.

I've always felt that about the few folks that do seem to think he's more than just a water carrier

Some of the negative comments on here about Stan are laughable, clearly posted by those who know **** all about football.

I've always felt that about the few folks that do seem to think he's more than just a water carrier

:yawn:

why did we let carew go?

would of prefered to keep him than have heskey here a minute longer

To be fair he was past it. That said, keeping Heskey here was a pretty damn stupid decision, especially considering the wages he's on.

Another very good performance from Stan again today. Led by example yet again and was still going strong at the end. Having a very good season and a strong contender at the moment for player of the season. I'd imagine if he keeps anything like this kind of form up he is guaranteed to be players player of the season.

Superb today.

The myth hat he gets tired after 60 minutes has been well put to bed this season. He's making some great runs late in games lately and the team look better with him being able to play more of an attacking role. Seems to be more confident with a good CM partner who can defend well. Which is not Delph! Clark has done alright, but I think in the first XI I'd like Herd alongside him.

He's simply just a class player. He reads the game so well and like kurtsimonw said it's just a myth that he gets too tired after 60 minutes. I also like the fact that he gives a **** about the Villa, he's a good captain for the club.

The myth hat he gets tired after 60 minutes has been well put to bed this season.

I dont know was a camera shot about 70 minutes in and he looked like taking a heart attack

He played well today and for me this is his best season for Villa even better than 08/09 when he somehow won player of the year

So much better when he isn't the one sitting in front of the defence. When he holds he always seems to take the easy way out and is in effect a lazy player but today he was everywhere. One of his best performances today I reckon.

• 1 month later...

I can't stand him.

I know he adds experience to the middle, he's a good captain and is a good person to put alongside our youngsters and show them true professionalism.

But I can't stand watching him play. He shirks responsibility so much.

When he receives the ball in the middle, more often than not, he will pass the responsibility of making a forwrd pass to a centre-back or Clark. It infuriates Me.

He does make forward runs, his shooting has definatly improved this season but he still looks like he's running in custard and I can't stand watching him shy out of making an incisive forward pass.

Good captain, lovely bloke, great professional.... but I really, really hope he is pushed to the subs bench next season.