All hail Stiliyan Petrov!

momo

Our long distance goalscoring king! Check out the video!

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2546436,00.html

Stiliyan Petrov was in goalscoring form once again at the weekend - so we thought it was the perfect time to bring you a video of his back catalogue.

Petrov made a name for himself at Celtic as a goalscoring midfield ace - but his early years at Villa saw him utilised as an anchor man in the centre.

But this season, Alex McLeish has brought out his attacking intent again and the manager and the team have reaped the rewards.

Petrov has been a man possessed in front of goal with a series of long-range rockets in claret and blue.

Just remember his screamer at Everton and his pinpoint arrow at Sunderland?

Add to that his cracker at Bolton this weekend and you've got a terrific trio of corkers.

But, in spite of his defensive duties, Petrov still managed to get on the scoresheet in his early years at Villa.

Before this term, he had managed eight goals - at Sheffield United, Middlesbrough, Litex Lovech Derby, at home to Stoke, at Crystal Palace and Sheffield United in the FA Cup and at home to West Ham.

Glory in all his goals with this free video, accessed in the player above.

Top professional and a nice bloke, but completely bog standard footballer

It's no coincidence that when you say to most supporters 'tell me about Petrov', the vast majority still refer to his debut game 5 years ago as his stand out game

If only he'd carried on like that

Thank heavens we've had him at the club over the past 3 seasons. The absolute bedrock and centre of stability amongst slash and burn chairman/chief executive, doolally/out of depth managers, glory-hunting/ship-jumping stars etc.

He's one of the main reasons it hasn't all been disastrously worse.

Top professional and a nice bloke, but completely bog standard footballer

It's no coincidence that when you say to most supporters 'tell me about Petrov', the vast majority still refer to his debut game 5 years ago as his stand out game

If only he'd carried on like that

Pretty bog standard post there too mate :oops:

Some absolute beauts in that vid, I enjoyed watching that! I'll never forget the Cup goal against Palace - in the pub watching it and getting loads of stick from my mates and the Cap'n pops up, I shouted louder than all my mates put together! The goal against Derby is probably one of the finest i've seen in my lifetime.

On his day he is simply a superb player, the complete midfielder!

(However all I see when i watch previous years highlights is how much id like us to be given the means to buy back Jimmy and ash.)