Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Similar story to me, killed me to finish with my ex, but if i hadnt, then i wouldnt have met my soul mate and had the little dude.

Exactly this, looking back on it, getting the boot was the best thing to ever happen to me!

Hugs

Shillzz I love it. We have seen a lot of people at their worst at the end of their relationship or some struggling to find someone. Always good for others to see that the advice of "you will be ok and you will find someone else" is a pretty valid one.

Of course I love the ones that have found love online for obvious reasons :winkold:

The one that I met by the way.

clair-bennett_large.jpg

Shillzz I love it. We have seen a lot of people at their worst at the end of their relationship or some struggling to find someone. Always good for others to see that the advice of "you will be ok and you will find someone else" is a pretty valid one.

Of course I love the ones that have found love online for obvious reasons :winkold:

The one that I met by the way.

clair-bennett_large.jpg

Good work fella!

Yeah what you say is absolutely spot on... very difficult for people to believe there'll be a better day at the time of a break up, but the opportunity is always out there.

Always loved reading this thread, and have bogged it down with my own issues in the past, so thought I'd steam in with an update of my own.

As a few of you know, my girlfriend of 7 years left me last year, leaving a hefty mortgage and a couple of cats with me for good measure. Was pretty cut up at the time, didn't really think I could love anyone the in the same way (having only really been in one serious long term relationship). Wasn't sure what I'd do for the rest of my life and even contemplated sacking everything off and joining the forces.

Anyway, 6 months on, and I've found the most amazing girl, who is absolutely perfect in every way for me. We've been dating for about 4 months, and she's basically been living with me for the last 3 or 4 weeks. During this time, i've not even had to switch the tv on, we just talk for hours and hours about absolute crap. Unfortunately she buggers back off to uni next week, but its only an hour away and she'll be coming home on weekends to see me. As stupid as it sounds, I feel more for this girl after 4 months of dating than I did after spending 7 years with my ex.

A few people on here were really supportive at the time of my breakup, so thought I'd come to say thankyou, and that you were all absolutely spot on!

Anyway, happy couple:

new331.jpg

Well done mate!

It is good to see you move on as your story is so very similar to mine. It is amazing that you have moved on and it hasn't consumed you in depression.

Well done mate. Here is to us!

Does there need to be a massive excuse? ha

No, but if you got one it might make it a bit easier to clear with the missus, rather than..."Shillzz and Dante have got new girlfriends so im going out to get twisted with the lads from VillaTalk...K?"

Does there need to be a massive excuse? ha

No, but if you got one it might make it a bit easier to clear with the missus, rather than..."Shillzz and Dante have got new girlfriends so im going out to get twisted with the lads from VillaTalk...K?"

Well I have a new girlfriend too. So I will tell her that we are celebrating "not being as ugly as we all thought we were!"!

Â