Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

she'd know i was full of it

I assume she's probably been told you've stopped by a number of times too so she'd definitely know you were fibbing.

Obviously I can only go on what you e told us but she doesn't appear to be interested from the sounds of things. Are you sure you definitely want to work at this place? Aren't you a bit worried she might think you're a bit of a stalker by going to this interview? Also, working with her might not be the best idea if you want to date her, shitting on your own doorstep etc.

I'd scrap the interview and find something else if you can. If she hasn't contacted you since that night and it's been a number of weeks I'd say she's just not into you I'm afraid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

I assume she's probably been told you've stopped by a number of times too so she'd definitely know you were fibbing.

Obviously I can only go on what you e told us but she doesn't appear to be interested from the sounds of things. Are you sure you definitely want to work at this place? Aren't you a bit worried she might think you're a bit of a stalker by going to this interview? Also, working with her might not be the best idea if you want to date her, shitting on your own doorstep etc.

I'd scrap the interview and find something else if you can. If she hasn't contacted you since that night and it's been a number of weeks I'd say she's just not into you I'm afraid.

Well after finding out he has no penis, I'm not surprised she's not interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

yep, i've considered all of that. its potentially awkward.

• Like 1

thanks fellers. I'm on the fence, tbh. it's a good spot to work, thats the real reason i sent my resume along. and i'm not too proud to work for the chick that wasn't into me...plus, i think i can change her mind if given a few weeks to show her what i'm all about...it could be weird, but nothing ventured nothing gained as they say. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

update- just talked to her directly on the phone to schedule an interview tomorrow. i told her who i was and she thought it was amusing or whatever and said she wants me to come in and interview...so this should be interesting, lol

I would probably say your chances of getting with her will evaporate if you got the job with her, if your not bothered then definitely go for the interview 

17 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm getting to breaking point and I'm not even involved with this.

My girlfriend is at uni, and therefore lives at home still. Her family is her, her parents and her brother.

Her brother is an absolute idiot. The worst person I know in person.

He's 24, has never worked, doesn't go to uni, doesn't contribute to anything. This alone would be enough for him to be gone from their house, but it gets much worse. He's had his battles with mental health. I get that. But with the medication he has, drinking brings on the symptoms again. What does he do? Goes out drinking, calls her parents at 3am demanding to be picked up, then starts throwing shit around and shouting when he gets home. He went to uni on weekends last year. He gave up after 2 weeks because it was too hard. Now he just sits at home, playing video games and breaking things when he gets angry at those video games. He blocks mine and my gf's devices from the wifi so he can play without lag. The cheek of it.

Only today, he screamed at my gf over dinner about her parents paying for her flights to England to visit me (i'm on 3 month secondment in the UK) when they're giving her half, and she's paying the rest. She argued back that she goes to uni and works hard for her money and he threw a glass bowl at her. I'm scared for her safety but her parents don't do anything other than shout at him.

He needs to be sectioned or kicked out but her parents will do neither.

unfortunately there isnt much you can do here, just get your gf out of that environment, if the parents dont want to know there isnt much you can do  

bad parenting allowing him to be a  lazy bum 

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

update- just talked to her directly on the phone to schedule an interview tomorrow. i told her who i was and she thought it was amusing or whatever and said she wants me to come in and interview...so this should be interesting, lol

Or it means she can give you the restraining order in person :D;) 

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

Interview question number 1:

"If I hire you, how many times per shift will you sneak out back to smoke drugs?"

4 hours ago, choffer said:

Interview question number 1:

"If I hire you, how many times per shift will you sneak out back to smoke drugs?"

she'd probably fire me if i didn't invite her to smoke them with me

Right so... Still waiting to move and all that crap but to complete a formality, I attended a pub meal with contacts from a different department. All driving, no alcohol. One of them "has a cousin coming and you two, you'd get on" which suddenly changed the stakes of the evening as we left to head there. I'm in work stuff, reasonably smart. Though I'm keen to not get involved with anything around where I live and soon to be moving away from, I thought ah can't hurt. Effing did. Had a really painful night. 

This Bint turns up, having gone home and got changed, in a game of thrones t shirt and sits next to me. I genuinely am not into game of thrones either so first off, I thought I like villa but I'm not gonna go home and change into a villa shirt. Plus the fact, well, it was a smart place and she could have made an effort. Quickly on, I decided no chance. Hence night of awkwardness and a few quid wasted. I mean, I'd have been at this thing anyway but I'm actually offended at who I was match made with. 

I am no Brad Pitt lookalike but Jesus, I feel robbed. And dirty. This woman was damned creepy as hell. Discreetly I acted like a complete arsehole tonight. I quickly got in, that I wasn't into game of thrones so that formality never popped up again. I made the mistake of daring to ask, "so what's the story with the ring, you're engaged and you're here?" As it turns out she's nit engaged but likes wearing a ring on that finger w t f. And it was a replica of the ring from lord of the rings too. I don't mind geeky girls but just wow, she was something else. Everything I said made her laugh, even my deliberate sarcasm and to be honest, put downs. I kept my attention to the group as I knew I was being watched and didn't want any stories tomorrow. 

This really is a shit "field report" but I'm writing for therapy. I effing hate Gloucester positively hate it here. Tonight I've realised just how much. That one, this woman even exists, two, some C word thought we were well suited and three, the fact her cousin has given her my number and she's texted tonight, even though I didn't give it myself. 

I was told she looks like Suzi Perry... I just wished there was a refund bureau for shit like this. Suzi Perry my arse. 1/10. And maximum weird. She kept doing impressions too, and stating quotes from Monty Python, which I'm also not into. I didn't even force a fake smile nor ease the awkward silences she was causing to be generated  

Im not replying. F that. Tomorrow I'll get questioned, despite it being clear I wasn't interested. Got in, watched some Boardwalk Empire, bam, 'I really enjoyed tonight, do you want to do something this weekend'. 

No, no I don't. You don't look a bit like Suzi Perry, I literally hate your sense of humour, felt weirded out by you and can do a lot better than you luv, don't ever contact me in any way again. (Radio silence is easier than sending that). 

Fking game of thrones t shirt. Jesus. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, V01 said:

That is disgusting...

i have tried, but its like marmite, you either like it or dont... i can appreciate it but i dont laugh where i am supposed to or if even at all.

Imagine though, someone telling you some jokes that you didnt get, or got, but didnt react to. That was last night. I'm the first in this morn, it'll be ten mins before i get my first 'did you enjoy last night', 9 am before i get my fourth or fifth. No people, she was a munter, who set off some alarm bells with me and now has my number. Thanks for that dear colleague i really appreciate that. 

7 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Right so... Still waiting to move and all that crap but to complete a formality, I attended a pub meal with contacts from a different department. All driving, no alcohol. One of them "has a cousin coming and you two, you'd get on" which suddenly changed the stakes of the evening as we left to head there. I'm in work stuff, reasonably smart. Though I'm keen to not get involved with anything around where I live and soon to be moving away from, I thought ah can't hurt. Effing did. Had a really painful night. 

This Bint turns up, having gone home and got changed, in a game of thrones t shirt and sits next to me. I genuinely am not into game of thrones either so first off, I thought I like villa but I'm not gonna go home and change into a villa shirt. Plus the fact, well, it was a smart place and she could have made an effort. Quickly on, I decided no chance. Hence night of awkwardness and a few quid wasted. I mean, I'd have been at this thing anyway but I'm actually offended at who I was match made with. 

I am no Brad Pitt lookalike but Jesus, I feel robbed. And dirty. This woman was damned creepy as hell. Discreetly I acted like a complete arsehole tonight. I quickly got in, that I wasn't into game of thrones so that formality never popped up again. I made the mistake of daring to ask, "so what's the story with the ring, you're engaged and you're here?" As it turns out she's nit engaged but likes wearing a ring on that finger w t f. And it was a replica of the ring from lord of the rings too. I don't mind geeky girls but just wow, she was something else. Everything I said made her laugh, even my deliberate sarcasm and to be honest, put downs. I kept my attention to the group as I knew I was being watched and didn't want any stories tomorrow. 

This really is a shit "field report" but I'm writing for therapy. I effing hate Gloucester positively hate it here. Tonight I've realised just how much. That one, this woman even exists, two, some C word thought we were well suited and three, the fact her cousin has given her my number and she's texted tonight, even though I didn't give it myself. 

I was told she looks like Suzi Perry... I just wished there was a refund bureau for shit like this. Suzi Perry my arse. 1/10. And maximum weird. She kept doing impressions too, and stating quotes from Monty Python, which I'm also not into. I didn't even force a fake smile nor ease the awkward silences she was causing to be generated  

Im not replying. F that. Tomorrow I'll get questioned, despite it being clear I wasn't interested. Got in, watched some Boardwalk Empire, bam, 'I really enjoyed tonight, do you want to do something this weekend'. 

No, no I don't. You don't look a bit like Suzi Perry, I literally hate your sense of humour, felt weirded out by you and can do a lot better than you luv, don't ever contact me in any way again. (Radio silence is easier than sending that). 

Fking game of thrones t shirt. Jesus. 

You should have accidentally squirted ketchup and mustard on it so she wouldn't wear it again :D 

Â