Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

On 11/6/2016 at 15:40, StefanAVFC said:

I'm getting to breaking point and I'm not even involved with this.

My girlfriend is at uni, and therefore lives at home still. Her family is her, her parents and her brother.

Her brother is an absolute idiot. The worst person I know in person.

He's 24, has never worked, doesn't go to uni, doesn't contribute to anything. This alone would be enough for him to be gone from their house, but it gets much worse. He's had his battles with mental health. I get that. But with the medication he has, drinking brings on the symptoms again. What does he do? Goes out drinking, calls her parents at 3am demanding to be picked up, then starts throwing shit around and shouting when he gets home. He went to uni on weekends last year. He gave up after 2 weeks because it was too hard. Now he just sits at home, playing video games and breaking things when he gets angry at those video games. He blocks mine and my gf's devices from the wifi so he can play without lag. The cheek of it.

Only today, he screamed at my gf over dinner about her parents paying for her flights to England to visit me (i'm on 3 month secondment in the UK) when they're giving her half, and she's paying the rest. She argued back that she goes to uni and works hard for her money and he threw a glass bowl at her. I'm scared for her safety but her parents don't do anything other than shout at him.

He needs to be sectioned or kicked out but her parents will do neither.

The latest.

She was trying to call me on Facetime and her brother kept blocking her phone. She called her dad and told him she was going to change the password. He said 'don't do anything because he's dangerous' and that he'll buy her internet just for her.

Nice enabling there.

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The latest.

She was trying to call me on Facetime and her brother kept blocking her phone. She called her dad and told him she was going to change the password. He said 'don't do anything because he's dangerous' and that he'll buy her internet just for her.

Nice enabling there.

Christ, is he that dangerous? I couldn't live like that.

26 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The latest.

Nice enabling there.

I know it's frustrating, but imagine how it must be for dad if he is so scared to challenge his son. He will feel partly responsible for the boy being violent, and maybe he is, but ultimately brother in law needs to take some responsibility for himself. 

It must be soul destroying to be so scared of your own son. 

I'm not condoning it, but dad must feel like he is doing the right thing.

Just now, PompeyVillan said:

I know it's frustrating, but imagine how it must be for dad if he is so scared to challenge his son. He will feel partly responsible for the boy being violent, and maybe he is, but ultimately brother in law needs to take some responsibility for himself. 

It must be soul destroying to be so scared of your own son. 

I'm not condoning it, but dad must feel like he is doing the right thing.

It's mental. She'll get out and live with me soonish but they'll still have to deal with him.

13 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's mental. She'll get out and live with me soonish but they'll still have to deal with him.

Thats down to them if they don't want to kick the useless clown out I know I would have by now

• 3 weeks later...
Â