Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

59 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I sure can pick them, possibly up there with my most interesting first dates

• Crazy cat lady (I don't mind that, cats are ace, but I'm spotting a trend with these women)
  • Pushes it back by half an hour an hour before we were meant to meet, fair enough, shit happens
  • 15 minutes after the pushed back time she tells me she's just left the house, and she'll be there in 15 minutes. At this point I should have just gone home, but I was already sat down with a drink, so whatever
  • Mentions a diagnosed case of depression that keeps her out of work, which is a little concerning 
  • I knew she liked her kink, which is cool, but after the first date, she messaged me to tell me she wanted to lock my cock up for a week in a chastity cage :lol:

The cats I been there if they live alone and have more than one cat it usually means...

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

• Crazy cat lady (I don't mind that, cats are ace, but I'm spotting a trend with these women)
  • Pushes it back by half an hour an hour before we were meant to meet, fair enough, shit happens
  • 15 minutes after the pushed back time she tells me she's just left the house, and she'll be there in 15 minutes. At this point I should have just gone home, but I was already sat down with a drink, so whatever
  • Mentions a diagnosed case of depression that keeps her out of work, which is a little concerning 
  • I knew she liked her kink, which is cool, but after the first date, she messaged me to tell me she wanted to lock my cock up for a week in a chastity cage :lol:

What dating site you on? Plenty Of Lunatics? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Did she wear glasses, have tattoos and have red/purple dyed hair? Sounds eerily similar to a girl I went out with years ago.

Anticipating an awkward relationship pep talk with one of my best mates in the near future.

He moved to Manchester with his fiance last year and just didn't enjoy it there (who can blame him :ph34r:) - they moved primarily because it was better for her career and its where she went to Uni.

He's now moved back home for work and she's still there. 

Really not sure how the conversation can avoid the inevitability of where their relationship seems to be heading. Imagine if she moved back to save their relationship for the sake of her career there would always be an unhealthy resentment there. Not good.

From having a bit of a dry spell for few weeks suddenly I am talking to about four different girls. Got a date on weekend with that girl that added me on facebook this weekend. She is asking alot of questions about me. I don't get women why they want to know absolutely everything about you before you have even met up! What the hell will you talk about on the actual date! 

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

From having a bit of a dry spell for few weeks suddenly I am talking to about four different girls. Got a date on weekend with that girl that added me on facebook this weekend. She is asking alot of questions about me. I don't get women why they want to know absolutely everything about you before you have even met up! What the hell will you talk about on the actual date! 

Why you don't look the same as the guy in the pictures you used, obviously! ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Well,not quite divorced yet but it's still amicable, still co-existing and still quasi room mates in our house but we have a plan to get things going next year so we can both move on with our lives. So while not much actual progress, mentally I'm more in the right place and it's not dragging me down anymore.

The last month or so, I've been chatting to a female colleague at work who while not in quite the same situation as me is going through a similar ordeal. She's a great, incredibly beautiful polish girl who talks to me like an actual adult about adult things and while we know we are crazy about each other it's torture not quite being able to do much about it just yet but it's incredibly exciting that we'll be seeing each other once the dust has settled. Our colleagues are sick of it already and just waiting for us to get on with it I think.

She's my age, knows my situation completely, already has a kid but wants more (yay!) and is just **** brilliant. My only worry is that she is too good looking for me, we went to the works Xmas do last night, she picked me up and looked stunning, so stunning that chavs were whistling at her from their nova's in traffic lol but **** it, it's a compliment right? and she shouted at them to **** off out the window lol. Knowing she likes me, the constant flirting, texts, the openness of the conversation, knowing each other's situations completely, the honesty and openness of it all and all that stuff, I feel like a little kid lol. 

The plus side is that me and the - for now - other half have already talked about meeting other people and how we deal with it in the present and both of us said go for it if it happens, she knows I've met someone and I think she's met someone too which is helping it all. I think subconsciously we want each other to meet someone new as it will spur us on to get the divorce done quicker instead of coasting.

Anyway, enough of my giddy rambling, it could all go tits up and things could change, it could never happen and I'm definitely not putting all my eggs in one basket but I'm happy again and I missed feeling like that. 

/ghey 

Genuinely delighted for you mate, you deserve it after what you have been through.

Don't ever think a girl is too hot for you, she is obviously well into you so don't let that doubt get into you mind or worry about it. Plus women are less shallow than us men! ;)

You say that you can't do anything about it yet? Why? Because you are still living as quasi housemates with your wife? Don't delay with this new girl... its Christmas, its the perfect time to be together and spend times with the ones you care about. You and your soon to be ex wife have both agreed to move on, so don't delay! :)

• Like 1

As for me, I've vowed to get back in the game in the new year. Start dating and making an effort. I've been mainly content being single for a number of years and taking the one night stands and holiday shags where I can but I think I'm getting too long in the tooth for that now. I do hanker for more than just t & a now... I want friendship, company and love (/ghey). Its no doubt due to the time of year.

I did think something could happen with a lovely girl earlier this year but just too many obstacles in the way, plus it became plainly clear that while we really enjoy each others company, we are just at different ends of the spectrum. She was much younger, lives with her parents, likes clubbing and hasn't really decided on a career yet... while i'm at the other end of the scale. My clubbing days are over and i'm looking at the best strategies and what to do with my investments to get an early retirement as possible! While having a stunning early twenty something girl like you is an ego boost, its probably not practical in most circumstances to take it further! Oh well, the journey begins...

• Like 4

Â