Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

well no

put it this way , in a rape case how often do you find out the name of the victim ... where as the accused in a lot of cases is named before the case has even taken place ... it does suggest there are ways of keeping the names out the public domain ??

The basic idea is that if someone is accused of something, then society generally has a right to know that, to see that a fair trial takes place, and to know the outcome. There are then issues around what constitutes a sufficient level of "being accused". Is it the sole word of one person, a decision by CPS to prosecute, or something in between?

Anonymity for rape victims came in because stigma was attaching to the victim, who had neither done nor been accused of anything. It seems reasonable that victims shouldn't suffer further, especially when you look at the way the woman in the Ched Evans case was vilified and harassed by his supporters, for daring to report a crime against her.

It's right that people shouldn't prejudge someone just because they've been accused of something. We all know there are malicious accusations, as well as genuine mistakes. But as Snowy says, that requires a bit of an attitude change. It probably also calls for some big changes in the way the press works, with its combination of hints and nudges, colourful description, choice of pictures, and all the other weaselly little ways they impute guilt.

Anyone seen the Max Clifford interview on BBC, Harry Redknapp stylee hanging out the car window ?

I honestly thought he was going to start talking about Bent, Rob Green or Steven Nzonzi's release clause at one point.

Seriously f'd up. Major failings in the system though, if it allowed someone with so much previous (although clearly no actual convictions) to get away with all that. You'd think that someone who looks like Barry off eastenders should automatically be under suspicion too.

This story just broke in Boston...maybe public stoning is appropriate after all... scum

the abuse of children he cared for through his wife Marian Burbine’s unlicensed child care business, Waterfall Education Center.

Authorities said the couple cared for at least 15 children, even after they had been investigated multiple times by the state Department of Children and Families and Marian Burbine knew of her husband’s criminal past.

Prosecutors said Marian Burbine — who is out on $1,000 cash bail on charges of recklessly endangering children and running an illegal day care — referred her husband to families to provide care for at least a dozen children between August 2010 and July 2012, the majority of them infants or nonverbal toddlers

That's quite astonishing. Don't they have a regulatory apparatus over there?

That's quite astonishing. Don't they have a regulatory apparatus over there?

They do in theory. He was classified as a "Level 1 Offender", which means he never had to legally declare such status with any employer, lender, landlord, authority, etc. But the guy was clearly a serial offender, and should have been kept in a cage. This kind of leniency/lax enforcement is typical of Massachusetts. It's disgusting on several levels.

They do in theory. He was classified as a "Level 1 Offender", which means he never had to legally declare such status with any employer, lender, landlord, authority, etc. But the guy was clearly a serial offender, and should have been kept in a cage. This kind of leniency/lax enforcement is typical of Massachusetts. It's disgusting on several levels.

No, I was thinking of the regulation of the childcare facilities. It wasn't licensed, yet ran for a couple of years before this case became public, managing to get included on various listing services which parents would consult to find childcare. I think it would be hard for someone over here to run unregistered childcare that long and get it included in listing services without the care regulators getting involved.

Brilliant :P

Is this Sacha Baron Cohen’s sickest joke yet? Ali G shocks audience as he shows up at the comedy awards in ‘Jimmy Savile’s second-hand shell-suit’

He is the comedic character famous for making crude and inappropriate jokes.

But when Ali G stepped on stage at last night’s Comedy Awards wearing a gold jump suit with 'Savile' written on the back, many thought it was a step too far.

Live on Channel 4, Ali G, the alter ego of comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, was presented with an Outstanding Achievement Award.

article-2247319-167CBD0A000005DC-479_306x423.jpg

article-2247319-167CBC4E000005DC-656_306x423.jpg

Outrageous? Ali G, the alter ego of comedian Sacha Baron Cohen,appeared on stage with a gold jump suit with 'Savile' on the back

He told the audience: 'Can you believe it’s been ten years since I’s been on the telly? Times has been tough means me now well skint.

'These day I has got to buy me tracksuits from secondhand shops. Look!'

He span round to reveal ‘Savile’ on the back of the eye-catching gold suit and added: 'I ain't ever heard of this label' to rapturous applause and whistles.

Despite receiving praise from many fans for his daring decision to dress as the prolific sex offender, Jimmy Savile, others found it insensitive and offensive.

After he accepted his award, given to him by Jonathan Ross who presented the show, he made a series of other offensive jokes, including one about Kate Middleton’s pregnancy.

Ah that old chestnut where people are offended by the mere mention of a word in a joke without actually understanding the joke in the first place.

Also a typical Daily Heil type reaction. It doesn't offend me in the slightest nor can I see why anyone else would be offended. He's saying he's so poor he bought a second hand shell suit

We can now add Jimmy Savile to the list that includes Madeleine McCann of people past and present who shalt never be joked about

Exclusive: Police re-open investigation into London political paedo ring

Exaro News ( http://www.exaronews.com) today reveals that for the last two months the police have secretly been scoping a new investigation into senior politicians and their involvement in a paedophile ring, involving under age boys, that took place in the 1980s.

This is separate to the current Operation Yewtree investigation into Jimmy Savile and other celebrities, which mainly involves under age girls.

They are looking again at a raid that took place in 1982 on a guest house in Barnes, south London, which appeared to be being used as a gay brothel and was frequented by prominent figures including, I am told, ministers, Tory MPs, a Liberal MP and two Labour Mps. Under age boys in the care of Richmond council and other local authorities were visiting or staying at the guest house.

The inquiry-under the title Operation Fairbank – will also examine whether there was a cover up which meant that the Met Police at the time and when complaints about it resurfaced twenty years later never followed up the investigation. Nobody was ever charged with any offence, even though the place had been raided and people bundled into police cars.

The place – 27, Rocks Lane in Barnes – is now a very respectable and none of the people living there now having to do with events when it was the Elm House guest house between 1979 and 1982.

Exaro News was put on to this inquiry by a former Richmond Council official and trade unionist and we took him to give evidence to the police who were already investigating similar allegations passed to Tom Watson, the Labour MP. He raised the issue of the 1980s paedo ring in the Commons.

Exaro News will be covering this scandal over the next few days, starting today, and are still investigating, these, and other more serious allegations in other parts of the country. I shall be blogging in more detail about the difficulties facing the police in handling such a difficult and fraught investigation.

Suffice to say anybody who believes that Tom Watson has raised this issue for pure political gain and this is a fabricated story better think again very carefully. I know it has very wide ramifications and could lead to a scandal even bigger than the hacking inquiry.

We can now add Jimmy Savile to the list that includes Madeleine McCann of people past and present who shalt never be joked about

What we need is some kind of super joke that involves the 2 of them...

Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins charged with child sex offences

Welsh rock star charged with conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with female under 13 and possession of indecent images

• Press Association
  • guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 19 December 2012 09.01 GMT

Ian-Watkins-Lostprophets-008.jpg

Ian Watkins, the lead singer of Lostprophets. Photograph: Pier Marco Tacca/WireImage

Welsh rock star Ian Watkins is to appear before magistrates charged with child sex offences, police have said.

Officers said the Lostprophets vocalist – whose hits include Last Train Home – had been arrested as part of a continuing investigation.

A spokesman said: "A Pontypridd man has been charged with sexual offences against children and is due to appear at Cardiff magistrates court today.

"The 35-year-old has been charged with conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a female under 13 and possession/distribution of indecent images of children.

"In order to assist their investigation, South Wales police has named the man as Ian Watkins, a member of the rock group Lostprophets."

Police added that two women, aged 20 and 24 from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, and Bedford respectively, had been charged with "similar offences" and were also due to appear in court.

All three were questioned at Cardiff Bay police station.

Senior investigating officer Detective Inspector Peter Doyle said specially trained staff were available to speak to anyone with concerns or information regarding this investigation.

"I want to encourage anyone who has any concerns or information which they think may be relevant to contact us," he added.

"Safeguarding children involved in such cases is always a high priority and as such measures have already been taken."

Police are asking anyone with any information concerning the investigation to contact the Operation Globe incident room on 0800 056 0154, or the NSPCC on 0800 389 5347.

Â