• Petrov
    • Bannan
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Cuellar (for Hutton 41)
    • Heskey (for N'Zogbia 60)
    • Albrighton (for Bannan 78)

Yes Phil Dowd is a w**ker but don't be so bloody blinkered as to think that we were the better team and he cost us the game.

Wake up and smell the coffee all you one eyed idiots and realise that we have a shit manager and poor tactics and we are going backwards under the current set up.

11 v 11 we would have probably won.

McLeish obviously thought we needed a more physical prescence in the midfield so he brought on Heskey. But I don't understand why he continues with Bannan. Local derbys are usually war zones so I would have picked a physical side, Heskey instead of Banan.

Herd was battling well before he got sent off.

Given made some class saves. Dunne had a good game. Bent doesn't contribute much apart from the pen.

N'Zogbia another game passes by where he is infuriatingly shite

Yes the sending off changed the game etc... which I agree with.

However 0 attempts on target isn't good enough regardless of the sending off.. that was also WBA's first win in 32 years at VP.

No attempts on target... we scored...

Penalties dont count in stats for attempts on target. Not sure why, but they don't.

Since when? What a stupid **** rule that is..

Totally disagree on the Hutton challenge on Long. It was in front of us and totally fair, he went in hard and won the ball. Dowd had a downer on Herd from kick off telling off for strong challenges so he probably creamed his shorts when the opportunity arose to send him off.

Olsson was punching Herd in the shoulder and had was pulling him backwards by the scruff of the neck. As far as I could see Herd stepped backwards and trod on Olsson who did not appeal for anything. Then linesman and Dowd got involved and he's red carded. I listened to Olsson being interviewed on Radio Five on the way home and he could not explain it either. He categorically did not say he was stamped on. Up until that point I thought Herd was our MotM. Yet another example of piss poor refereeing that will be brushed under th carpet.

As for the game our inability to defend at set pieces is very worrying. Bent for me was awful. He nearly missed the penalty and missed a complete sitter and was bossed by their centre backs all afternoon. Bannan was very good as was Gabby, both never gave up. Prior to the red card we were playing well and I believe we would have gone on to win the game.

Albion are a very average side who got lucky today. As for everyone getting excited about the lack of shots on target. FFS we played two thirds of the game with ten men.

Oh and the crowd was 34k for a local derby, another piss poor performance, and that was after heavy discounting of ticket prices. You can't help but think the board have dropped a bollock over how they are running the club.

I have been to 5 homes games this season and seen us beat Blackburn and Wigan (2 teams favourite for the drop), draw with shitty Wolves, draw with Shitty Newcastle and lose to Shitty West Brom.

McLeish really fills me with optimism for the season!

thats the last time im going whilst he is still our manager

cant justify paying £30 for his shit hoofball backs to the wall tactics, the guy is killing me!

even had villa fans fighting each other in the north stand today, i thought those days had gone

I have been to 5 homes games this season and seen us beat Blackburn and Wigan (2 teams favourite for the drop), draw with shitty Wolves, draw with Shitty Newcastle and lose to Shitty West Brom.

How can you call a team thats unbeaten and in fourth place after 9 matches, shit?

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish on Chris Herd's controversial red card in his side's defeat by West Brom: "The sending-off cost us severely - no doubt about it. The kid had started the game really well and we were looking good at that point. In the pictures I have seen it looked as if Chris was extricating his foot from Jonas Olsson's grasp and Olsson didn't react to it. If you'd been stamped on, you'd expect the player to complain."

Yes Phil Dowd is a w**ker but don't be so bloody blinkered as to think that we were the better team and he cost us the game.

Wake up and smell the coffee all you one eyed idiots and realise that we have a shit manager and poor tactics and we are going backwards under the current set up.

Pretty sure it was 1-0 at 11v11. Phil Dowd cost us the game, no doubt about it. Easily the most pathetic refereeing performance I've ever seen, even worse than his Cup Final outing.

How can you call a team thats unbeaten and in fourth place after 9 matches, shit?

We were unbeaten until last week and do you really think Newcastle are a good team? If you do then you have a low threshold of satisfaction.

The midfield still isn't good enough. N'Zogbia is shit. Bent will only get his goals from the penalty spot at this rate. Horror decision by the linesman, but nonetheless, this is still a team that has a massive hole in it's midfield, and a mediocre back four.

But this is the beginning of austerity measures at Villa, even though we PAID to hire AM :shock:, the obvious near term path now is trimming the fat, staying within our means, and staying afloat. We have a manager who is just happy to have a job, and players who have just enough quality to keep us up.

I'm not even angry, to be honest. None of it is shocking anymore.

.....could'nt put it any better.

Ps its all so pretty inevitable and probably predictable.....thats what makes it all so boring.

Â