• Petrov
    • Bannan
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Cuellar (for Hutton 41)
    • Heskey (for N'Zogbia 60)
    • Albrighton (for Bannan 78)

I felty weird coming away from Villa Park yesterday, we lost, we lost a local derby - I should have been gutted, annoyed etc...

But, whether you call it dillusional, claret and blue specced or what-ever. I felt quite happy.

1. For the first time since the Cup Semi , I enjoyed watching the Villa. I've said many times over the past year, I just dont get the same buzz I used to get. Well yesterday, I did. Until the fight went out of us after about 75 mins, I was actually enoying what I saw. I thought it was exciting.

2. I dont give a toss what anyone says, the sending off totally changed the match completely. Up until that point I actually said to the guy behind me "this is the best I've seen us look in years". I could see that, given his own personnel, the way McLeish will like to play, and I liked it.

3. From above, McLeish's team. I can see what he is doing. At the start, he flitting Bannan in to the odd game, then , when he was used to it, he is now first choice. The same is happening with Herd - I predict, the next one will be Clark.

4. There were huge negatives aswell - the defending is bloody woeful. But the defence bar Hutton (which I will come to in a minute) is the same defence that shipped 7 at Chelsea, 6 at Newcastle etc... This defence is crap - simple, McLeish knows it, and I expect him to reshape it.

Hutton - he looks awful, but is it him. I watched time and time again yesterday, Albion try and attack Warnock, answer, the couldn't, coz when they did, they had Gabby tracking back, doubling up, there was ALWAYS Gabby between Warnock and the opposing player.

The other side, Hutton was 2-1 and sometimes 3-1 on vitually every occasion whilst NZogbia was holding his waste on the half way line. THAT was the problem with Hutton. So, although awful I reserve judgement until he gets a player in front of him that will give him support.

5. NZogbia , I was wrong, I said at the time, hed prove better than Downing. How wrong I was, he is CRAP !!!! - and I cant see him getting any better. This isnt about settling, this is the same as ireland, the guy is a waster !.

Anyway - we lost, but I can see very promising signs. I hope McLeish does the following. Get us safe 9which we will be, there is not a hell of us going down. Wigan, Blackburn. Norwich, Swansea (no matter how they play now, same as Hull and Blackpool) will all be below us no matter how crap we are. So get us safe, then just rip the team up, bring in Bannan, Clark, Herd, Lichaj, Albrighton, Fonz , delph - keep in Bent, Gabby, Given, Hutton etc... ship out Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Heskey, Petrov and co.

Give them 8-10 games (whenever we get safe) and although we will lose more than we win, we will see which kids will make it, which aren't, then go and reshape next July for the future.

I saw hope in defeat yesterday - so weirdly, I'm quite happy.

Oh - Herd was SUPERB for 32 minutes !!! - motm

One of the most sensible posts I've read on here for a long time.

I felty weird coming away from Villa Park yesterday, we lost, we lost a local derby - I should have been gutted, annoyed etc...

But, whether you call it dillusional, claret and blue specced or what-ever. I felt quite happy.

1. For the first time since the Cup Semi , I enjoyed watching the Villa. I've said many times over the past year, I just dont get the same buzz I used to get. Well yesterday, I did. Until the fight went out of us after about 75 mins, I was actually enoying what I saw. I thought it was exciting.

2. I dont give a toss what anyone says, the sending off totally changed the match completely. Up until that point I actually said to the guy behind me "this is the best I've seen us look in years". I could see that, given his own personnel, the way McLeish will like to play, and I liked it.

Whatever you've taken, send some my way please.

Its like the man falling from a great height shouting 'so far so good' until he reaches the bottom.

Come Christmas we will be in the bottom six and you know why? Because we now probably have the worst Villa side in five years!

I don't have a crystal ball but even if Herd had stayed on the pitch i believe WBA would still have bettered us.

Sunderland up next and they will turn us over due to having better players and a better manager.

Those who keep making excuses, get real please. We are going to be relegated unless we sack AM and Randy gives the new manager the funds to purchase better players.

Its like the man falling from a great height shouting 'so far so good' until he reaches the bottom.

Come Christmas we will be in the bottom six and you know why? Because we now probably have the worst Villa side in five years!

I don't have a crystal ball but even if Herd had stayed on the pitch i believe WBA would still have bettered us.

Sunderland up next and they will turn us over due to having better players and a better manager.

Those who keep making excuses, get real please. We are going to be relegated unless we sack AM and Randy gives the new manager the funds to purchase better players.

Jesus we're really really shit aren't we :lol:

Ridiculous overreaction.

the players need to regroup. there is just something not right this year. think a refresh needs to be had really and some really hard decisions need to be made unfortunately. we need to get that freshness back as the place just seems ill at the moment!

hutton and n'zogbia were really poor on saturday... petrov can't pass a ball forward and mcleish trying to save the game with heskey is just nuts

we would probably get something from the game if bent scored and with another linesman, i captured the moment perfectly:

We are not allowed to host pictures where the copyright is owned by the FA PL. clicky.

herd was simply trying to get out, red card was ridiculous

Ridiculous overreaction.

I've never once seen you actually respond to a thread topic with your own opinion. Instead all I see is you responding to the so-called "negative" posters on here with ridicule, sarcasm and contempt. People could be forgiven for thinking you worked for the club's PR team?

"We are going to be relegated..." is the only statement which could be construed as an overreaction. But even that is a perfectly valid opinion given that, with a quarter of the season gone, and a harder quarter to come, we have amassed the disappointing total of 11 points. If we carry on in this vane we will be fighting relegation come May - no overreaction here.

This was my first home game as I refused at first to go while that ginger tw@t is in charge. However it being a derby i thought the atmosphere would be good so was looking forward to it. How the hell can you go 4-5-1 at home to WBA, Gabby out of position. It a joke regardless of the linesman screwing us it doesnt take away the fact that Mcliesh is tactically shocking. I think gabby would have caused Olsson major problems so why cant Mcliesh see that. We have looked less and less attack minded as the weeks go on under that ginger tw@t and I think things are likely to improve.

PS what has poor marc albrighton done wrong to not get a game infront of NZOMNIA!!!!!

3. From above, McLeish's team. I can see what he is doing. At the start, he flitting Bannan in to the odd game, then , when he was used to it, he is now first choice. The same is happening with Herd - I predict, the next one will be Clark.

4. There were huge negatives aswell - the defending is bloody woeful. But the defence bar Hutton (which I will come to in a minute) is the same defence that shipped 7 at Chelsea, 6 at Newcastle etc... This defence is crap - simple, McLeish knows it, and I expect him to reshape it.

Hutton - he looks awful, but is it him. I watched time and time again yesterday, Albion try and attack Warnock, answer, the couldn't, coz when they did, they had Gabby tracking back, doubling up, there was ALWAYS Gabby between Warnock and the opposing player.

The other side, Hutton was 2-1 and sometimes 3-1 on vitually every occasion whilst NZogbia was holding his waste on the half way line. THAT was the problem with Hutton. So, although awful I reserve judgement until he gets a player in front of him that will give him support.

5. NZogbia , I was wrong, I said at the time, hed prove better than Downing. How wrong I was, he is CRAP !!!! - and I cant see him getting any better. This isnt about settling, this is the same as ireland, the guy is a waster !.

Anyway - we lost, but I can see very promising signs. I hope McLeish does the following. Get us safe 9which we will be, there is not a hell of us going down. Wigan, Blackburn. Norwich, Swansea (no matter how they play now, same as Hull and Blackpool) will all be below us no matter how crap we are. So get us safe, then just rip the team up, bring in Bannan, Clark, Herd, Lichaj, Albrighton, Fonz , delph - keep in Bent, Gabby, Given, Hutton etc... ship out Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Heskey, Petrov and co.

Give them 8-10 games (whenever we get safe) and although we will lose more than we win, we will see which kids will make it, which aren't, then go and reshape next July for the future.

I saw hope in defeat yesterday - so weirdly, I'm quite happy.

Oh - Herd was SUPERB for 32 minutes !!! - motm

One of the most sensible posts I've read on here for a long time.

451 at home to WBA wtf!!!!!! He is a wank manager end of!!!

Sending Herd off was just ridiculous. And of course it affected the game. No doubt. But the biggest misstakes the ref did that cost us the most was not sending Foster off when we got the penalty and not sending Olsson off for punching Herd. Especially the last one cause if the ref had done what he should, Herd wouldn't have been sent off and Olsson, the word removed, wouldn't have scored. And they would've been a man down or two. Then we would most probably have cheered a good win today.

Having said all that there's no excuse for the 2nd half. Poor attitude from the players and some confusing substitutions. We gave up and tried to get a draw, and when they scored the 2nd we didn't even try half heartedly to get an equaliser. That wasn't good enough.

Ridiculous overreaction.

While i value everyone's opinion on here surely you cannot say that we are a good team at the moment? Are you actually saying that, or, are you just posting for affect again? Do you think we are moving forward as a club, or should we just accept the standard of football our team is playing at present and the very strange substitutions and tatics our manager is bestowing on the team? I'm all for supporting the team, but should we not criticize just because Aston Villa is our club? Interested in your answer.

Â