• Petrov
    • Bannan
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Cuellar (for Hutton 41)
    • Heskey (for N'Zogbia 60)
    • Albrighton (for Bannan 78)

Yes the decisions were piss poor but the performance in the second half was an absolute f*^$ing disgrace!!

This team really needs to learn how to keep hold of the ball, string some passes together and learn to defend set pieces!

And for the love of god will somebody PLEASE give Petrov a slap and show him how to go forward! Our quick forwards really suffer because of his lack of forward vision

Shocking decision but both goals came after set pieces which has nothing to do with the sending off (although it was Herd's man that scored the first one).

Our complete lack of defending set pieces is costing us yet again.

Ref will get the blame because it's convenient and will detract from how shiit we were. Did we have an in-play shot on goal in the whole match? Bringing Heskey on is a PROVEN pointless exercise. Taking Bannan off again when he looked our brightest player (not saying much, I know) was poor from Mcleish.

can anyone actually confirm if it was a **** stamp, even replays are completely inconclusive?

I have to say i am really done with ruining my weekend by watching this utter **** toss every week, I don't believe in the manager, the owner and i can't say i really have that much belief in the players, i am really done with this.

It looked like Olsson was holding onto Herd's leg who had lifted his leg to get him off. There was certainly no stamp.

can anyone actually confirm if it was a **** stamp, even replays are completely inconclusive?

There was no stamp. Olsson falls over, trying to win a penalty. He grabs a hold of Herds foot and Herd tries to get away, im guessing the way his leg moves the assistant mustve thought it was a stamp. but how he can make that decision when Olsson is blocking his view, no one knows. A disgrace!

Ref will get the blame because it's convenient and will detract from how shiit we were. Did we have an in-play shot on goal in the whole match? Bringing Heskey on is a PROVEN pointless exercise. Taking Bannan off again when he looked our brightest player (not saying much I know and he wasn't at his best today either) was poor from Mcleish.

Heskey was brought on to sit in the middle of the park and hold the ball up as we were being over ran in the middle thanks to the red card. We were cruising at 1-0 before the red card. It changed the entire complexion of the game. You can quote all the stats you want, it made a huge impact.

It was never a stamp either, just a mere tangle of legs. The linesman waits a few seconds to flag after the 'contact'.

I have to say i am really done with ruining my weekend by watching this utter **** toss every week, I don't believe in the manager, the owner and i can't say i really have that much belief in the players, i am really done with this.

The sending off and penalty were both ridiculously harsh.

You might not believe in the manager or players, but to judge on today would be laughable.

And in terms of 'ruining' your weekend, you need a bit more perspective. If Villa losing after a bad ref decision does that to you, you'd be better off not following football. There really are more important things in life.

It looked like Herd was trying to pull his leg away from Olsson rather than a stamp. There was no reaction from Olsson either

1-0 up at against the albion. I still expected at least a point. Zog should have been taken off by half time at the latested for clark and ireland.

...If Herd stamped on olsson ....he is walking a tightrope in any case. Use this an excuse if you like - but don't forget hutton got off scott free for a challenge on another day could have been a red.

Don;t let the sending off fool you - this was a winnable game - and if youre gonna hide behind the ref this week - well lets just say we are in for a long winter.

I think were going to see 8-9 pages here of 'The linesman/ref ruined the game'. And its true. They did.

We probably would have drawn/won the game if it hadnt been for that appalling decision by the officials.

Before getting into ratings I'd just like to point out that I thought Mcleish got the starting line up just about right. Bringing in Herd for Delph actually seemed to work. N'zogbia starting ahead of Ireland I believe was a mistake though as I thought the lad might just be coming into some form.

So, the ratings:

Given - 7. Not a lot he could do today. Made a couple of class saves again.

Hutton - 6. Probably would have been a '5' if it hadnt been for that tackle on Long. I hate that cocky little prick

Dunne - 8. Outstanding from start to finish.

Collins - 5. Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooof.

Warnock - 6. Put himself about a bit. Didnt do a lot wrong

Bannan - 7. Most of the good things we do come through him. Went missing a little when we went down to 10.

Petrov - 5. Never really does a lot. Annoyed me with his backward passing

Herd - 7. Until he got sent off. Second touch is often a tackle mind.

N'Zogbia - 5. His poor form continues.

Agbonlahor - 6. Looked Dangerous at times, poor end product.

Bent - 6. Scored. Missed a sitter.

Subs:

Cuellar - 5. Hasnt been a right back for the last 4 years. Still isnt one. Good to see him back though.

Ze Powerhouse - 10. Every team needs one

Albrighton - 5. Tad wasteful. Not on for long though.

At the end of the day, we lost. That isnt good enough. Ive said it before in most of the threads. We need to get points on the board before December, otherwise we are in serious trouble. Every man and his dog knows Mcleish is a poor manager, we just need to somehow scrape some points together before we get beat 3/4 nil 5 weeks straight.

Wonder if Randy has been told the score yet?

UptheVilla.

Dowd **** us blah blah blah.

We should have been down to 10 men long before that anyway after Hutton's challenge on Long. Yes the Herd decision was ridiculous but no more so than that one which went for us.

I expected more fight despite being down to 10 as we were playing an average side. Also being a man down doesn't excuse STILL not being able to defend set pieces even semi adequately.

sack AM. in a dominant position, playing good football and could have already been 2 up before the pen. have you people watched the game? great team selection, good performance until the crazy decision. but hey its all the garters fault. get a **** grip.

We all know the decision changed the game .... end of.

But do we train playing with 10 men? I see other sides playing half decent when they go down a player?

Maybe we just felt sorry for ourselves?

The Heskey sub, fair play, but not as a box to box midfielder. I would have preferred he replaced Bent and we lumped it to him, with Gabby off him working the channels. Would be a brave man to bring Bent off though .. The tactic down to ten men was to hit n hope.

Hope AM wont pussy out and clarify this in interviews. MON certainly wouldn't hold back.

Anyway ... back to Phil Dowd .....

I can't understand with confidence how Caan can flag that call when his view is obscured by Olsson's body. Herd is simply trying to get away from a tangle, no contact, no malice. Could Dowd have overruled at this point? Or he's simply going on the instruction of the assistant which is clearly wrong.

sack AM. in a dominant position, playing good football and could have already been 2 up before the pen. have you people watched the game? great team selection, good performance until the crazy decision. but hey its all the garters fault. get a **** grip.

exactly.

Those that criticise the manager, heskey, etc after today are quite simply morons.

The midfield still isn't good enough. N'Zogbia is shit. Bent will only get his goals from the penalty spot at this rate. Horror decision by the linesman, but nonetheless, this is still a team that has a massive hole in it's midfield, and a mediocre back four.

But this is the beginning of austerity measures at Villa, even though we PAID to hire AM :shock:, the obvious near term path now is trimming the fat, staying within our means, and staying afloat. We have a manager who is just happy to have a job, and players who have just enough quality to keep us up.

I'm not even angry, to be honest. None of it is shocking anymore.

Â