• Petrov
    • Bannan
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Cuellar (for Hutton 41)
    • Heskey (for N'Zogbia 60)
    • Albrighton (for Bannan 78)

Before MOTD incident was right in lone withe looked like olsson grabbed herd went to ground tried to grab him whilst on the floor and herd flicked his leg towards him with the gesture of get the **** off me, either way absolute disgrace of a red card not dwarves and changed the game

that said the old arsenal idea of 10 men compacting feeling sorry for themselves and playing better was well lost, no excuse for the 2nd half **** awful, the baggies back 2 are good at one thing heading so why play long ball all half? Some of it was shocking

lol.

We were robbed - oh well lets forget this one and move on. Was the sending off really that bad, what happened...?

Like I always say the MON doubters have got their way....!

The mans performance in the transfer market has set us back years.....and i ain't so sure we are in any better hands, but i will wait and see.

Yes Definately the Milner, Young, Downing, Dunne & Warnock signings they were terrible...!

Just watched the whole game. We were certainly the better team until the sending off. Could/should've been 2-0 up inside 10 minutes. Then we got the penalty and scored. Up until the sending off Baggies had created no chances.

The red card was a complete joke.

And unfortunately we are nowhere near good enough a team to play with 10 men.

Herd was OK before the red card, one great tackle but not too much else. Bannan was good again. Strikers were good, but not much service for most of the game (for obvious reasons).

Special mention to N'Zogbia - I mean I really want him to succeed, but I didn't see a single thing of significance he did the whole game. And it's been the same in every match he's played. WTF? It's bad enough being down to 10 men without carrying passengers.

Olsson was holding his leg and he was just trying to free it to get on with the game, ridiculous decision. Even in games not involving Villa I hate it when players get sent off undeservedly, completely spoils the game and you're always wondering what would have happened had it of been a fair contest. We didn't hold up very well with 10 men admittedly, but we could have gone on to a comfortable victory without the sending-off, now we'll never know. Lets hope it doesn't cost us come the end of the season.

Olsson speaking like a real chickenshit, claiming Herd kicked him. Despite the fact he originally fouled him.

What made me smile was how his version of events changed between his interview on Five Live and MotD. He knew full well the sending off was total bollox but tried to justify it in his later interview. Total tool.

The other thing I can conclude from the game is both Hutton and N'Zogbia are total shite. Hutton is a complete liability at RB, drifts in all the time and his attacking play is just woeful. I have also pretty much given up on N'Zogbia, we made the mistake of buying the best player in a shit side and guess what he is shit. I just don't buy this match fitness talk, for me he is just not good enough. Still we have Jenas on loan.....what great value for money he has turned out to be.

Herd was never a foul let alone a red card but equally in the modern game Hutton would get sent off 8 times out of ten for that challenge.

Mcleish hasn't been backed considering what we sold in the summer but equally the signings he has made have been utterly woeful.

Tactics again were woeful. Heskey in Midfield?- wtf!!

Another game with no shots on target (not including the pen) in 90 min - this is a very disturbing trend.

Woeful attendance - only around 31k villa fans turned up for a derby at 3pm on a Saturday not on TV.

Looking at our fixture list I fear this is just the beginning of a winter of discontent.

We was robbed, etc. Sad for Herd. **** Dowd.

King Carlos had a pretty good game when he came on, was very pleased to see him back on the pitch at VP. Some nice tackles, runs, good composure on the ball...even though he made a few wayward passes and seemed to struggle at times, a little jip from his injury I suppose.

Definitely a straight red for the Hutton exocet tackle. Yes he played the ball first but anybody who plays the game would know that was a tackle designed to cause damage and had it been a Baggies player making that tackle then I'd be going ballistic. Stupid challenge from a poor player.

But I don't understand why he continues with Bannan. Local derbys are usually war zones so I would have picked a physical side, Heskey instead of Bannan.

te

Bannan was our best player against Blues in the C.Cup Quarter Final last year

Alan Hutton has been our weak link in our defense - I think a lot of people have been criticizing N Zogbia but Alan Hutton has been our worst player. That tackle today was a discrace.

He is proving to be a liability in our defense, brink back Carlos Cuellar and we certainly wont be conceding CHEAP free header goals like we did today from that corner.

I would rather a player with ability at right back then a player who is a liability.

Hutton and N'Zogbia, the two players that were signed by the manager this season, have been useless every time they play and easily our two worse players this season. Not a good sign at all. I can't remember a single good thing that either of them has done this season. This certainly has nothing to do with the farcical refereeing.

I hope to see the club making an official complaint against such shambolic refereeing that single handedly changed the game but we probably won't. The club has no bottle.

People talk about the big teams like Man U, Barca hounding and berating the referees but to me that's one of the things that makes them good teams. They have fight, aggression, courage, and the will to win and this is how they show it. To take such injustice and other shit without putting up a fight or protest shows that quite frankly we don't even care. Pathetic and disgraceful.

There was a lot of abuse aimed at our manager last year for our dodgy defense.

We now have a manager that some have claimed will sure up the defense.....

... except we have now conceded 5 goals in 2 games from corners and simple defensive mistakes.

I'm certain people will blame the quality of the opposition last week and the sending off this week but the simple fact is that our defence is awful - especially from set pieces.

McLeish had better sort it soon.

That Hutton tackle wasn't a foul; sliding tackle, got the ball and then slid under the man.

The Herd sending off, coupled with Delph being out killed us.

We had no energy on the bench in midfield. If a defender had been sent off we had cover on the bench, if a forward had been sent off we could have just re-organised, if Bannan or N'Zogbia had been sent off we could have re-organised. Petrov or Herd we had no cover for.

Herd will get himself sent off from time to time, he tackles like a Tasmanian devil - but it's hard to take when he's ended up being sent off for walking away from someone.

Dreadful decision; as bad as I've seen in years - and we paid a very high price for it because of the weakness of our bench.

Credit to those that stayed on, Bannan worked his socks off, Dunne was excellent and even with the advantage Albion never managed to quite finish us off.

Fair play to them, they move the ball around well and they're more than capable of making a man advantage count with their neat passing game, but I can''t help but feel this game could, would and should have been different if it wasn't for a single bad decision.

We were comfortable before the sending off and beaten the moment it happened.

Bah.

Went to the game yesterday and thought that with eleven men this was a nailed on home win. Herd was playing very well and sweeping up in front of the defence very tidily.

The sending off, till the day i die I will not understand this decision. At the match, at home on the TV I still haven’t seen anything to justify the decision.

Down to ten men, we didn't seem to have the belief that we could hold on to a 1-0 lead which proved to be the case. Very disappointing.

They say things even themselves out over a season, I can't wait to see what we will get for the bizarre decision that will result in us getting a win, for it to be on an even keel with that!!!!

But I don't understand why he continues with Bannan. Local derbys are usually war zones so I would have picked a physical side, Heskey instead of Bannan.

te

Bannan was our best player against Blues in the C.Cup Quarter Final last year

Bannan played well as long as we had Petrov and Herd mopping up. When Herd was sent off, Bannan shouldve been subbed as he cant play as a central midfielder who needs to defend aswell, hes too lightweight for that. The kind of free role suits him much better.

Â