Rooney thread

wiggyrichard

Take him in the squad or leave him at home?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Take him in the squad or leave him at home?

• Yes, he must be in the squad
    • No, we're good enough to cope without him

We only took 4 strikers to the last tournement. Despite one of them being Heskey and Rooney being awful (and Defoe being the other!), Crouch only managed to get 15 minutes of playing time. So I'm pretty sure that we can manage to take Rooney + 3. Especially now as we don't play with 2 actual strikers very often.

• 1 year later...

the last Rooney thread I could find but it looks like he is finished at United now. dropped for Real Madrid then replaced last night when chasing a goal.

Where has it gone wrong?

Where will he end up as its been proven a few times if your forced out of United the only way is down

He started his pro-career at what 16? he has had 10 years in the pro game as a regular already, lot's of miles on the clock. If he can't adapt by for instance becoming a central midfield player I'd say he'll be just about finished at the top level by the age of 30.

I think he might actually go this time.  Coleen's sister was keeping her (and therefore him) in the north west because of her illness. Sadly she passed away a couple of months ago,  I dare say Rooney's home life has been very much disrupted of late because of that so maybe a year or two away from the area is what they need right about now? 

I agree with Rev - but also just noticed that the votes on his inclusion in the squad are at exactly 50% (41 votes apiece). Think that shows the extend to the mixed feelings towards Rooney's worth to a team.

Still has bags of ability but doesn't perform as well as he should on a consistent basis... Think fergie and him may also have had words and we all know that means the end at utd... Can see him at psg and then the states.. Psg may benefit him, fresh start and all that.. He doesn't have to worry about being on the bench as England will still select him based on reputation alone

I still reckon a deal was done last year, I think I said so at the time. about the time he was stalling over a new contract. I think it was along the lines of. OK Wayne, you want a move. Rather than go on a free, we'll give you £10m for a year and sell you for £20m next year

the thing with PSG is a. he will have to learn a new language and b. the tax system there is madness

The tax system isn't an issue really, he can just keep his money in a secret Swiss bank account to avoid paying any like the French chancellor of the exchequer does. 

Â