Rooney thread

wiggyrichard

Take him in the squad or leave him at home?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Take him in the squad or leave him at home?

• Yes, he must be in the squad
    • No, we're good enough to cope without him

He's one of those few players you think would be very hard to purchase under normal circumstances, but I'm with Rev on this. I think there may be more to this one than just idle newspaper speculation. At the least you would expect United to dismiss all the speculation from the likes of PSG et al like they have done in the past. But not this time. I've also heard theories that United themselves are engineering or encouraging the media gossip so as to get the player and his agent used to the idea that something might happen; which if true would basically mean he's gone.

I certainly wouldn't write him off though or call him a journeyman. He'll still cost an absolute fortune and even including him being a kid at Everton, United is his 2nd club. He is a big lad though and there are a lot of miles in those legs for his age (and weight) so maybe maybe United have gotten the best of him? We'll see. It'd be a shame to lose him from the Premier League though. You'd never get to see him in France, save for the odd Sky Sports News report. But then I doubt United would sell him to a PL side.

the thing with PSG is a. he will have to learn a new language and b. the tax system there is madness

The tax system isn't an issue really, he can just keep his money in a secret Swiss bank account to avoid paying any like the French chancellor of the exchequer does. 

doubt Rooney can rememebr his ATM pin never mind something so complex ;)

• Like 1

Well he can just get advice from his fellow (alleged) dumbass, David Beckham. He seems to have done alright for himself :)

difference been Beckham is only there for 6 months so doesnt have to live there plus has given his salary to charity so french taxman cant take his earnings. 

as for never seeing him PSG are nearly always on ESPN or Setanta every weekend

*exasperated* Really? You somehow missed my point. My response of Beckham's career being a good one financially despite people thinking he's a bit thick was in response to you saying Rooney can't remember his PIN. Mine was a joke.

TL;DR Rooney won't be eating beans on toast any time soon.

Unless he fancies it as a snack.

Because it is a tasty treat that's quick to make, if he's busy and doesn't have time for anything that takes more time.

It'd definitely be Heinze on Hovis though, I know what you're saying.

• Like 1

Well remembered all the same :)

To be honest I typed in to Google "Hovis Footballer"

To reply back - And bread means...[and put a picture of them]

and that article came up as one of the search results by complete coincidental fluke :D

*exasperated* Really? You somehow missed my point. My response of Beckham's career being a good one financially despite people thinking he's a bit thick was in response to you saying Rooney can't remember his PIN. Mine was a joke.

my bad. I thought was in reference to Beckham being OK financially after moving to PSG

• 1 year later...

Video of Wayne Rooney having a "comedy" boxing match with Phil Bardsley ends up with Rooney getting sparked out.  

http://youtu.be/Ovewdru_Jjo

It's behind a paywall on the Scum's website but someone has mirrored it onto YouTube.  Apparently it happened on February 22nd according to the BBC, it didn't seem to affect Rooney too badly as he scored twice against Sunderland in the first game after this video was recorded.

Once he gets caught he is in the hands of the Gods.
It isn't even funny, many people have been killed by one punch, caught their head on the curb, concrete, or a marble floor...

Both of these guys are approaching 30?

Surely they know better.**** ridiculous. Two absolute **** morons.

• Like 1

Once he gets caught he is in the hands of the Gods.

It isn't even funny, many people have been killed by one punch, caught their head on the curb, concrete, or a marble floor...

Both of these guys are approaching 30?

Surely they know better.**** ridiculous. Two absolute **** morons.

I agree to an extent. But then people jump out of planes for fun don't they, this is no more or less ridiculous. It is only their own selves they are putting in danger. 

Â