How much is Gabby worth ?

walesavfc

Gabby's ability to go missing for weeks on end will always impact on his value unfortunately. Under McLeish though he's been of more value to us than Bent. As someone mentioned in the match thread yesterday he's becoming reminiscent of Henry at Arsenal this season.

Also agree that he's more valuable to us than anyone else - when he gets older he will be an invaluable member of Villa's squad. Hopefully he'll be a one club man.

Gabby's ability to go missing for weeks on end will always impact on his value unfortunately. Under McLeish though he's been of more value to us than Bent. As someone mentioned in the match thread yesterday he's becoming reminiscent of Henry at Arsenal this season.

What value does that give us though? Judging a player after 8 games? Silly thing to do, and the validity is close to zero. Darren Bent has been injured as well, so again, this theory holds absolutely no value.

Similar to Thierry Henry??? Yeah right!!!

Priceless for Villa.

I honestly think he'll never leave though. Why would he? He just seems like the kind of bloke who will never leave the city he was born in.

All those who have flown the pasture in the past few seasons had little if no emotional attechment to the club whatsover. Gabby is different!

He's been directly involved in about of our goals so far this season, hasn't he? 4 goals and at least 2 assists. He's still a limited player but very effective when he's in form and used right.

we need players like him and I think he'll stay untill he's not good enough for the PL and then he'll end up in a team like Coventry, Walsall or, God forbid, sha.

How many goals did Yorke score for us? Can he break that record?

:lol:

No he's not.

Threads like this about Gabby pop up once or twice a season (aside from last year) he'll go on a crazy bit of form for a few weeks, then he drops off and goes back to just being a good player. Hope he keeps this up though.

Henry at Arsenal PMSL :lol::lol:

Agree he will be back to mediocre soon enough. He's lucky his first goal went in as he should have undoubtedly passed to Bent there.

Is Gabby as good as Henry? No!

Is Gabby mediorce? No way!

Was Gabby's goal on Saturday lucky? No, it was his skill and confidence that scored that goal past an inform keeper!

Should he have passed to Bent? No way, he knew he had the skill to score!

Are you agreived with Gabby for an article quoting him recently on the events of last year? OOOhhhhhhh YYYEeeeessssss!!!!!!

Agree he will be back to mediocre soon enough.

53 PL goals for Villa, 7 less than Dwight Yorke is mediocre? He's not world class, but mediocre is incredibly harsh and untrue.

He's lucky his first goal went in

No, he wasn't lucky. Anyone watching that knew he was full of confidence and just hammered it in because he's good enough to.

as he should have undoubtedly passed to Bent there.

Why should he? He scored?

Agree he will be back to mediocre soon enough. He's lucky his first goal went in as he should have undoubtedly passed to Bent there.

Excellent, thanks. That has given me enough chuckle fuel to keep me going all day.

It was indeed the flukiest of goals ever. :lol:

I tend to think of flukey goal as ones that are going miles wide, then hit a divot and fly in. Not really sure I'd apply to that Gabby beating about five players then firing an unstoppable scorcher into the roof of the net as 'lucky' but each to their own I guess. If you can't take any pleasure from that Gabby goal though, then I think it's going to be a miserable season for some.

Pretty much one of the most ridiculous posts I have read on here.

I tend to think of flukey goal as ones that are going miles wide, then hit a divot and fly in. Not really sure I'd apply to that Gabby beating about five players then firing an unstoppable scorcher into the roof of the net as 'lucky' but each to their own I guess. If you can't take any pleasure from that Gabby goal though, then I think it's going to be a miserable season for some.

Exactly. I'd argue that the keeper was misplaced too far to his left, but very well done by Gabby to spot that and put it in that corner. Not flukey at all.

Â