How much is Gabby worth ?

walesavfc

Hard to put a price on him. His biggest attribute is his pace and he reminds me of Micheal Owen but without the same preditor instinct or ability in finishing when one on one with the keeper. I never feel confident that Gabby is going to finish with only the keeper to beat while its always a surprise if Owen doesn't finish in the same situation. Gabby is far more potent when he doesn't have time to think what he is going to do. However it would be very interesting to see if he did indeed move to the likes of Man U whether Fergie could transform Gabby into the world class striker he has the potential to be?

Gabby is far more potent when he doesn't have time to think what he is going to do.
Except his two best goals this season have come from situations where he had plenty of time to think, and plenty of work to do to score.

I suspect this sort of opinion, often expressed in previous seasons, is now a bit out of date. He is already looking much better this season.

Gabby is far more potent when he doesn't have time to think what he is going to do.
Except his two best goals this season have come from situations where he had plenty of time to think, and plenty of work to do to score.

I suspect this sort of opinion, often expressed in previous seasons, is now a bit out of date. He is already looking much better this season.

I disagree briny. He's had more time to think during the build up to the goals, but when he's got through to a shooting position, he's lashed at his shots, without much time to think, and this is when he is more effective.

I think what Morpheus means is that if Gabby has 3 or 4 seconds, one-on-one with the keeper, this is when he often over-thinks his shot. I'd agree with him to a certain degree. (Though Gabby has improved year on year, so hopefully that is slowly leaving his game).

Some things about Villa are more important to me than winning every game :winkold:

Sorry you must have misinterpreted what I meant. The point I was making was that a straight swap would be out of the question unless it was Ronaldo plus cash... or even Ronaldo and that Kaka fella for Gabs 8)

Some things about Villa are more important to me than winning every game :winkold:

Sorry you must have misinterpreted what I meant. The point I was making was that a straight swap would be out of the question unless it was Ronaldo plus cash... or even Ronaldo and that Kaka fella for Gabs 8)

plus a 10k buy-back clause :cheers:

How much is Gabby worth?

If he proves to be the 10 - 15 goal a season striker of his early career: 10 - 15 million.

If he can achieve his potential consistently, as he looks like doing this season so far: 25 - 35 million.

The positive signs are that (as others have pointed out) he scores crucial goals and against top quality opposition. Also he is reportedly "Lethal in training". I think this suggests that he will get better and better as he gets more and more familiar with opposition players and venues.

So far he seems to lose form just when he looks like making the big time, though, so expect a lenthy goal drought shortly :(

eatsnails...

I love that mentality, it's always the way isn't it?

My view is Gabby is worth nothing...anything we get is a bonus. Any player who wishes can simply 'down tools' and we'd be forced to release on a free, allow them to leave, etc. Players who are worth the most are the players who want to stay, want to fight for the team. Increasingly, this is not the modern footballer....

Sad but true..

Â