How much is Gabby worth ?

walesavfc

Agree he will be back to mediocre soon enough. He's lucky his first goal went in as he should have undoubtedly passed to Bent there.

Excellent, thanks. That has given me enough chuckle fuel to keep me going all day.

It was indeed the flukiest of goals ever. :lol:

We don't agree very often but I am massively with you on this one. Loving seeing Gabby getting his Mojo back - long may it continue. Whilst he may not have liked Houllier, he has done exactly what Ged recommended and lost some bulk and is definitely benefiting from that.

Agree he will be back to mediocre soon enough. He's lucky his first goal went in as he should have undoubtedly passed to Bent there.

Pretty much one of the most ridiculous posts I have read on here.

It's certainly up there isnt it...

He's worth an awful lot to us no doubt about it probably more than his market value.

In a strange way maybe having to have a go out wide last season has actually helped him. He probably now works that bit harder, gets into different positions than he did before and appreciates it more when he is up top.

Two of the crosses on saturday were awesome and his work for both goals was an example to all our youngsters.

We don't agree very often but I am massively with you on this one. Loving seeing Gabby getting his Mojo back - long may it continue. Whilst he may not have liked Houllier, he has done exactly what Ged recommended and lost some bulk and is definitely benefiting from that.

^^^Sorry to break up this new coalition so soon, but I'm not sure we can say Gabby took Houllier's advice on physique!
Gabby Agbonlahor says Gerard Houllier talked a load of nonsense

"At one stage I thought if this is how it is going to stay and the manager is going to stay here with this formation, then I have to leave. Luckily the manager left and McAllister left as well."

Houllier explained that one reason Agbonlahor was not in the side was that he was pumping too much iron and it had affected his pace.

The player said: "I don't think he knew what he meant to be honest. I added strength to the pace. If I did not have the strength people would have said I was not strong enough to play. You can't win."

A couple of weels ago I talked about the potential for him leaving and what would happen if a bod of 14M came in. I was slagged off for this and people saying tere is no way we would get a 14M bid and if we did we wuld snap their hands off.

I still think 14M would be a good price

I am sure if he keeps this form up there are bound to be clubs eyeing him up

A couple of weels ago I talked about the potential for him leaving and what would happen if a bod of 14M came in. I was slagged off for this and people saying tere is no way we would get a 14M bid and if we did we wuld snap their hands off.

I wouldn’t trust us to invest the money wisely.

According to some we did well selling Milner, Young And Downing for the prices we did. And then we promptly invested poorly.

Erm why? Bent had an open goal! Gabby took a risk and it paid off but should that situation ever arise again Gabby should pass it to Bent I'd expect Bent to do likewise in that situation. An open goal is much easier than one with a goal-keeper and defenders in front of it.

Only a week ago Gabby was anonymous vs QPR! Yes he had one of his best matches in ages against Gary Caldwell on Saturday but rest assured Caldwell is terrible. Lets not get carried away and start comparing Gabby to Henry :lol: There's been plenty of Gabby false dawns in the past.

If he can score 20+ goals this season I'll happily eat my words alas I can't see it happening.

As gabby once said himself i think, hopefully we never have to find out how much he is worth.

Could go on to become a villa legend and if this is the form he is showing when he's got a back problem then i'd like to see his form when he's fully fit :D

I really want him to break yorkes record asap, will be great to have one of our own with it instead of that traitor. Would say hes currently worth between £10 - £15m in reality but then look at how much carroll went for. Id rather gabby than carroll anyday.

Erm why? Bent had an open goal! Gabby took a risk and it paid off but should that situation ever arise again Gabby should pass it to Bent.

Like Petrov passed to Bent against Newcastle?

Agbonlahor scored a very good goal and the fact he scored means it was the correct decision, stop moaning.

Jesus Christ he's not going anywhere!

Well I'm not going to jump on the Gabby bandwagon as I have been very critical of him for as long as I remember. Though I have been critical I have always said that he has a place at Villa and for me that would be as an impact player, coming off the bench to exploit the tired legs of our opponents defenders for the last 20 minutes...

I've always thought that his only above average attribute has been his pace, going past players for Gabby is 4 out of 5 times hit and run as his dribbling skills are not that great. Positionially he looks clueless most of the time and he picks out the wrong pass too often for my liking. In front of goal its at best the toss of a coin to if he'll put it in the net and considering the amount of both clear cut and half chances he misses dont make up for the goals he's scored or created during his time in the side.

I think there are a lot of people getting very excited about Gabby based on the first handful of games this season. Prior to the Wigan game I dont think he'd showed anything more than he has previously, I'm not taking away his goals from him, he's done well to score the goals but again he's missed a lot of chances and his movement particularly in the Bolton game was dissapointing.

The above said I watched Gabby for pretty much most of the Wigan game and was impressed with his movement and desire to get on the ball. The cross for Bents goal was a quality one, not just the kick into the box he usually delivers. He took is goal well and he looked like a striker that could contend for a place in any premier league side.

I hope that he's "come of age" and we're now seeing the real Gabby, he's got the heart that's for sure, just his ability for me thats been in question and at a time where the club and its fans are going through a rough time I hope that I've been wrong all along and he's exactly what we need to, a star to get behind and base the next squad we build on. Time will tell.

To answer what he's worth, I think it would take about 13 million for us to let him go in the current climate regards inflated transfer fees and also considering he probably has 3/4 years left where he's going to be quicker than the average bear...

Well I'm not going to jump on the Gabby bandwagon as I have been very critical of him for as long as I remember. Though I have been critical I have always said that he has a place at Villa and for me that would be as an impact player, coming off the bench to exploit the tired legs of our opponents defenders for the last 20 minutes...

I've always thought that his only above average attribute has been his pace, going past players for Gabby is 4 out of 5 times hit and run as his dribbling skills are not that great. Positionially he looks clueless most of the time and he picks out the wrong pass too often for my liking. In front of goal its at best the toss of a coin to if he'll put it in the net and considering the amount of both clear cut and half chances he misses dont make up for the goals he's scored or created during his time in the side.

I think there are a lot of people getting very excited about Gabby based on the first handful of games this season. Prior to the Wigan game I dont think he'd showed anything more than he has previously, I'm not taking away his goals from him, he's done well to score the goals but again he's missed a lot of chances and his movement particularly in the Bolton game was dissapointing.

The above said I watched Gabby for pretty much most of the Wigan game and was impressed with his movement and desire to get on the ball. The cross for Bents goal was a quality one, not just the kick into the box he usually delivers. He took is goal well and he looked like a striker that could contend for a place in any premier league side.

I hope that he's "come of age" and we're now seeing the real Gabby, he's got the heart that's for sure, just his ability for me thats been in question and at a time where the club and its fans are going through a rough time I hope that I've been wrong all along and he's exactly what we need to, a star to get behind and base the next squad we build on. Time will tell.

To answer what he's worth, I think it would take about 13 million for us to let him go in the current climate regards inflated transfer fees and also considering he probably has 3/4 years left where he's going to be quicker than the average bear...

Spot on, ive been critical of him in the past, but isnt the saying "your only as good as your last game?" Hes been brilliant this season, he works hard for the team and is a very important player for the villa without a doubt.

Gabby's ability to go missing for weeks on end will always impact on his value unfortunately. Under McLeish though he's been of more value to us than Bent. As someone mentioned in the match thread yesterday he's becoming reminiscent of Henry at Arsenal this season.
:lol:

No he's not.

Some people need to look up "reminiscent" in the dictionary. Does not mean "as good as".

Whoever said he should have passed to Bent for the first goal must get **** livid as a woman once a month..... When goal of the month comes around.

Rooney should have passt against Newcastle a few years ago. Terrible shooting and lack of vision and special awareness.

Why should Gabby have passed. Bent was in no better a position. Gabby was clean through with a clear shot on goal from exactly the same position bent was in on the other side of the area. If anything he did the right thing by not risking another pass to a player who had the same shot. Another pass and the keeper could have had time to close down bent and make his shot difficult.

Sometimes they go in, sometimes they don't. That's football. He might have passed and bent may have missed. They both had clear shots on goal but clear chances don't always go in. Ask torres.

He score a great goal, end of.

Â