The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know how the man can live with himself, I mean he obviously has no shame.

I'm sure one of his old boy's club connections will get him a job somewhere eventually, I mean they all came to his defence enough last season. However I pity the fans of the club he does eventually resurface at.

I'm not sure I know another industry where you become a millionaire for such abject failure. Banking perhaps?

Spent the last hour readin through this thread and Villa fans thoughts on the matter and him as a man and the one thing that resonates to me as a Liverpool fan is that he sounds like he way your Hodgson. Someone who just didn't get the club or the fans at all.

The similarities in what is written here and what was written abou Hodgson back then is so similar its uncanny.

Spent the last hour readin through this thread and Villa fans thoughts on the matter and him as a man and the one thing that resonates to me as a Liverpool fan is that he sounds like he way your Hodgson. Someone who just didn't get the club or the fans at all.

The similarities in what is written here and what was written abou Hodgson back then is so similar its uncanny.

Hodgson was a good manager at a club that he should never have gone to in the first place. McLeish is one of the worst tacticians and man-managers I've ever seen in the Premier League.

as a Liverpool fan is that he sounds like he way your Hodgson. Someone who just didn't get the club or the fans at all.

I agree in some point but had Hodgson come to Liverpool from your closest bitter rivals lets say for example Everton, who had just been relegated from the premier league themselves & had paid Everton several million quid for the privilage of his services, then almost got Liverpool relegated i would then agree will you more

Hodgson came to Liverpool with a very good record in England & abroad, Mcleish had a poor English record & a mixed Scottish one.

Mcleish had a mountain to climb the day he took the job, but if performances & results had been a lot better then maybe things would have been different, he would have turned a lot of fans around, though some would never have warmed to him.

i wouldn't say he didn't get the club or the fans, he was shite before he came here & proved he was even shitter during his time with us, tactically inept & his delued interviews were mind blowing

The only similarities i see is we both disliked these managers will a passion but for mainly different reasons....

Maybe you can enlighten me on why Hodgson was disliked so much by Liverpool fans, i know performances & results weren't great under him but did (like us) the fans not like the appointment of him before a ball was kicked

Absolutely no comparison between McLeish and Hodgson.

Woy is one of the most respected managers in Europe and certainly knows his stuff. From an outsiders point of view he came to Liverpool with a good reputation. However it looked like Liverpool fans didnt warm to him just because he wasnt Saint Kenny or Benitez, and with Kenny lurking in the background it was always going to be hard for him. Results and performances were not going his way and some of his signings were questionable, but it was not like he was leading Liverpool into a relegation battle. I think you were 11th when he got the sack. Its just that a massive amount of Liverpool fans are deluded fuckwits, and took all the "King Kenny" bollocks at face value. Hodgson certainly would have done no worse than him.

McLeish on the other hand has always been a turgid, limited and talentless manager who has wormed his way to the top through the fact he played for Alex Ferguson once and has some mates in the football world. His record at SHA and the style of football he played was enough to convince even the most open minded fan that last season was going to be a long one. It was felt by many that with higher expectations and a better quality squad he would shake off the limited and turgid tag he's built up, but surprise surprise he got us playing the most awful style of football I have ever witnessed down the Villa, dragged us into a relegation battle, made us look like we deserved to go down, and rightly got the sack.

Hodgson rebuilt his career at West Brom and is now England manager. McLeish will likely never work in top flight football again.

He is just trying to put excuses out there to help rebuild his reputation. In all fairness now he has left and can do no more damage to our great club I really couldn't give a shit what he says.

It's the way us, as fans are portrayed by the media, Liverpool never accepted woy yet the press say he got sacked cus results weren't good enough. That cumshot get sacked from villa and its blamed on the fans never giving him a chance.

Like I said, bizarre timing this. Almost as if some journo is trying to unsettle the boat by bringing it up again.

See him on the sidelines when I am watching AVTV. Makes me want to throw a brick through the TV.After the season we had with him I really think AVTV should cut any pictures of him out.

Do people still think he's a "nice genuine guy" or have people finally realised what a nasty lying prick he is?

I don't think he's nasty. Just incredibly naive and delusional. I genuinely think he believes the crap he says.

Â