The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should ask Liverpool to employ McLeish, as there are so many, outside Villa Park, that still thinks, he is a good man and a good manager and that he deserved more, than what we gave him. The issue of where he came from, wouldnt be a problem at Anfield, would it?? :lol:

I know he has left and a lot of people hate him BUT fair play to his statement:

17 May 2012

STATEMENT ISSUED BY THE LMA ON BEHALF OF ALEX MCLEISH

The LMA has issued the following statement on behalf of Alex McLeish following his departure from Aston Villa Football Club.

Alex McLeish said, “When I accepted the role as manager of Aston Villa Football Club, I was acutely aware of the responsibility I had to find the best way to serve the great traditions of one of the finest clubs in professional football.

“I was truly honoured to have been given the opportunity to manage the club, which plays such an important part in the fabric of the local community and to its worldwide fan base.

“I relished the challenge and, together with my loyal and very capable staff, dedicated all of my efforts into moulding a successful team. My only regret in leaving now is that we weren't able to achieve more for the supporters and their high expectations.

“Finally, I want to take this moment to say that I have nothing but the highest respect for the club and sincerely wish it and the fans great success in the future.”

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7009.html

No. Your original point was that McLeish should have replaced Collins, Dunne and Warnock. I countered with the opinion that he had to replace Freidal, Luke Young and one of Downing or Ashley Young so he quite obviously didn't have the budget to replace all of those players which you now have agreed with.

How he spent his available budget is a different debate which i have also commented on.

I think he could have. He didn't need to replace Luke Young for example as we already had 3 players that were adept at right-back (Cuellar, Lichaj and Herd). Same goes for Friedel. Guzan is a very capable goalkeeper although I admit that Given has been good for us.

Oh, and he certainly could've got a winger for cheaper than £10m. I think if he was shrewd enough in the transfer market he could've replaced Warnock and at least one of Dunne and Collins.

Looks like its that time of year again, Captain Hindsight makes an appearance.

I'm not going to slate his transfer dealings, I remember people saying we'd improved as a team off the back of selling downing and signing N'Zogbia, given is/was the best goalkeeper we could have possible signed, jenas was just unlucky and we'll never know how that might have panned out, Hutton is shit admittedly but then so is Bebe, point being even it you're Alex ferguson you dont always get it right.

Yeah that is a decent statement from him. I am so glad that he is gone though. I have no issue with the money he spent just the negativity that he brought to the football. Now let's get a 21st century football man in, there are plenty of great managerial prospects just waiting to take a club like ours to the next level.

My only regret in leaving now is that we weren't able to achieve more for the supporters and their high expectations.

Can't help but think this is a slight dig; of course, we are world renowned for our high expectation, but I don't think it needed to be mentioned and I knew he'd slip it in somewhere, as it obviously greatly bothered him.

My only regret in leaving now is that we weren't able to achieve more for the supporters and their high expectations.

Can't help but think this is a slight dig; of course, we are world renowned for our high expectation, but I don't think it needed to be mentioned and I knew he'd slip it in somewhere, as it obviously greatly bothered him.

Yeah my high expectations of a midtable finish and trying to win games is high.

I know he has left and a lot of people hate him BUT fair play to his statement:

Absolutely. Wrong choice but fair play for the statement and I actually hope he goes on to be a success somewhere else.

I wouldn't wish him or his brand of antifootball on any other club.

Absolutely a gentleman to the last is Mr McLeish and the LMA statement shows how respected he will always be as a person.

OK things may not have worked out for him at Villa but I wish him every success elsewhere.

I am also not very proud of some of the hateful comments aimed at him and his family by some so called Villa fans.

Absolutely a gentleman to the last is Mr McLeish and the LMA statement shows how respected he will always be as a person.

OK things may not have worked out for him at Villa but I wish him every success elsewhere.

I am also not very proud of some of the hateful comments aimed at him and his family by some so called Villa fans.

Agree with all that Julie. :thumb:

I don't believe I've ever been personal to him, but I seriously hope he never gets another job in football. I truly believe his antifootball tackticks should be nowhere near football at any level. Other than that I wish him well. I've herd many stories about him which proves he's a decent man if not a decent football manager.

Seems like a nice guy, and think the statement is a nice way to go out.

He should never have been put in the position he was by our board. Nice guy, just a shame he is a shocking manager.

Rubbish!

He knew full well what he was taking on when he accepted the job.

Let's not get too carried away, the guy has been paid an unbelievable fortune for failure and although I believe also that he's a pretty decent bloke, it wouldn't exactly do his future prospects any good by criticising the club through the media. A nice statement, maintains his 'decent guy' status and walks away with dignity.

I don't really wish him all the best in any new job though, simply because I just wouldn't wish his vision and ideas of the way football should be played on any other fan in the world. It's not fair that people should pay money to watch is teams.

Seems like a nice guy, and think the statement is a nice way to go out.

He should never have been put in the position he was by our board. Nice guy, just a shame he is a shocking manager.

Rubbish!

He knew full well what he was taking on when he accepted the job.

Sorry, poor choice of words, I meant he should never have been given a job like the Villa one, especially after relegating a team. You're right he knew exactly what he was taking on.

Â