The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Kendrick always plays it safe and has done all season bar the last two games when he has been hinting to McLeishs exit. There is no way he would go balls out with todays headline if he didnt know it to be true.

I suppose the only discussion really is whether Villa will announce it today or tomorrow.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably one to ask of the mods, but, has there ever been a topic in the history of VT where every single fan wants the same thing and has the same opinion? Its Insania!

I want him to stay!!!

Nah...just kidding!!! At least he finally achieved not getting relegated from PL.

Timothy Abraham ‏ @TimothyAbraham

Also heard a RUMOUR that any potential pay-off would be lower if the #AVFC finished with less than 40 points.

Most clubs employ a manager with high hopes, someting like : New job, new prospects. We will give you a bonus when we sail past 75 points.

We build in that if we don't get to 40 points..... :oops:

Is it just me or what, at what point does a club like ours build in 40 points to a bonus.

Surely it should be 40 points by Jan 1st or you are out, zero pay off.

Also heard a RUMOUR that any potential pay-off would be lower if the #AVFC finished with less than 40 points.

Would explain why McLeish was so piised off yesterday BUT.... if true why play 7 defenders?

I don't think that's a bonus as such.

It's not "If you get to 40 points you get a bonus"

it's more like "If you don't get to 40 points we get to sack you with less of a payment"

It's not a reward for getting 40 points, it's a punishment for not getting 40 points

I can't believe that McLeish would think that he is entitled to any kind of bonus?

People saying he's a nice guy e.t.c the bloke has no honor if he did he would quit and walk away and not aim for any kind of severance package

For what exactly? He's been paid a rediculous amount of money up to this point for delivering jack shit....

GTFO

People saying he's a nice guy e.t.c the bloke has no honour if he did he would quit and walk away and not aim for any kind of severance package.

Nice guy or not, he will be perfectly aware that no PL club will touch him now. He has some lean financial years ahead of him, and he needs to get the biggest payout he can. Hence all the remarks about planning for next season. "I did everything I could, and it was a complete shock when I was sacked, your honour."

I imagine the contract has a tiered bonus arrangement written in

So less than 40 points may indeed = £0 bonus

I suppose that how it works but even so, why is someone still allowed into Villa Park with a record like his is unreal.

It should be less than 60 points to start with.

Don't matter now, won't be long. Maybe after the last 2 seasons they will larn a valuable lesson, we will see.

Without a proper transfer fund the new guy is as dead as the current manager.

Most clubs employ a manager with high hopes, someting like : New job, new prospects. We will give you a bonus when we sail past 75 points.

We build in that if we don't get to 40 points..... :oops:

Is it just me or what, at what point does a club like ours build in 40 points to a bonus.

Surely it should be 40 points by Jan 1st or you are out, zero pay off.

I would imagine there are a series of these things in the contract which cover bonus' for extreme success to stuff about almost destroying the club. Obviously, for this season all of the bonus' etc I imagine are hardly close to being realised :lol:

Also, 40 pts by Jan 1st or off is one heck of a high standard, would see most clubs from about 4th downwards getting rid of their manager :P:)

I know its not the thing to say but I really think we will be making a big mistake to get rid of McLeish.

His track record shows that he always improves in his second season and, whether you like it or not, he has made us stronger defensively and helped develop some of our younger players too.

Get a couple of decent players in this summer and give him a chance to establish his style and I think we can go places.

Alternatively ...........

...... get rid of the useless ginger air bandit right now and get the party started !!!

It'll be a day of F5ing today :D

a very small part of me is not looking forward to the new manager search and the VT faithful slagging of every candidate even if they have won the champions league, FA cups, history of vastly improving struggling sides etc..

:D

Disagree strongly.

The manager's job is to:

Conduct transfers

Supervise and direct coaching

Decide on tactics

Motivate the players

Seeing as we failed to score from one single set-piece this season, and conceded plenty, I think it's safe to say he has been a failure at the second (if you didn't think the football was dismal enough).

Winning seven games out of 38 suggests a lack of match-winning tactics, even if you didn't watch what was happening.

And I don't think there would be many who would argue that the Villa players have been highly motivated this season.

As far as transfers go there are plenty of clubs who have bought better players than we have for less money than we spent on, say, N'Zogbia.

Newcastle, Swansea, Norwich to name three. But in any case if you coach and motivate players and are tactically smart you shouldn't need to spend zillions.

This is the crux, if Lerner is not willing to invest, we will struggle to attract any decent manager

I do think Lerner will open his wallet again though for signings but keep an eye on wages this time

I'm not sure, I think anyone who comes in will be welcomed as they are an improvement on McLeish.

DISCLAIMER - As long is it isn't Kean, Connor, Bruce, McCarthy or Megson.

I doubt even Faulkner and Lerner could **** it up 3 times on the bounce though.

Lambert finished higher than us with less money to spend, so did rodgers. So the theory that without big money the new manager would be as dead as this one is just plain wrong.

We will raise funds from sales. sign a few and any decent manager will have us in the top half.

Â