The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

No issues here with that approach

I was willing to give McLeish and Houllier a chance

McLeish just turned out to be the worst manager in AVFC history and Houllier had a dodgy ticker

Whoever the next manager will be will get the same treatment a fresh slate and a chance to do something

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest decision is not sacking McLeish but who replaces him, we cannot have a third season like the last 2. Also you can band all these names around but like last time is it not who you want but who will take the job.

McLeish was not first choice last time but he got the job, Just be careful what you wish for Steve Bruce and Mick McCarthy are free and looking for a club

Timothy Abraham ‏ @TimothyAbraham

Also heard a RUMOUR that any potential pay-off would be lower if the #AVFC finished with less than 40 points.

Would explain why McLeish was so piised off yesterday BUT.... if true why play 7 defenders?

I may be mistaken (but I don't think I am).. but Chris Herd is a midfielder who can play at RB.

SIX defenders.

I'm sick of McLeish too, but I think I'm more sick of hearing people say "7 defenders".

McLeish saying his goodbyes to the #avfc players. In discussing compo. Announcement likely by lunchtime

Pete Lansley of The Times on Twitter

It's over, fellas. Almost in tears here.

From The Times reporter;

McLeish saying his goodbyes to the #avfc players. In discussing compo. Announcement likely by lunchtime

WOW!

Why do we have to wait till feckin lunch?

This has to be one of the most universely disliked managers in football history!

peter lansley ‏ @LansleyTimes

The thing I find most shocking here is that the players are actually at Bodymoor today ?

The biggest decision is not sacking McLeish but who replaces him, we cannot have a third season like the last 2. Also you can band all these names around but like last time is it not who you want but who will take the job.

McLeish was not first choice last time but he got the job, Just be careful what you wish for Steve Bruce and Mick McCarthy are free and looking for a club

Tbf...Bruce and McCarthy are far preferable to the shower of shite we have right now.

Thank. The. Lord. What a relief..... I said this on the General's thread when he was appointed...'You reap what you sow'. PF and RL need to get the next one right - or at least a lot more 'righter'.

Rooney does a fair amount of defensive work. Is he a defender now?

Anyway, we shouldn't be getting antsy over this delusional mans idea of football. 6 defenders, 7 defenders, who cares? The worst manager in our history is leaving. I can't contain myself. I might just go for a run just to get rid of this adrenaline!

Â