The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can make no plans for next season at this stage

Well I have been watching some championship football this season and if I were Lerner AND am I would take a look as there is some pretty good footbal going on down there.

It's all well and good saying he didn't listen but that only applies to this situation if there was somebody else he could have employed. Now I can sit here and list any number of managers that in my head should have been interested in the job but it seems they weren't. When your list of serious candidates is Martinez, Mclaren and McLeish, one of which refused to discuss terms with the club it goes to show there wasn't a que of good managers waiting in the wings.

As for next season... I dont know what was stipulated in McLeish's contract but I would assume that if we avoid relegation, and I think we will in fact a couple of wins and we can climb the table a bit, then he will not be sacked.

And to be honest we should be careful what we wish for because if he is sacked after appearing from the outside to meet the terms of his contract I shudder to think who, if anyone, will be in line to replace him.

Lets be honest we can forget any list of decent Managers wanting the job,last 2 years have proved that we are no longer an attractive job proposition.

McCarthy& Bruce would possibly apply then where do you go.

Seriously I'd go and get Curbishley! He knows Darren Bent inside out, and could turn out similar to Alan Pardew by gradually turning it around. The problem with McLeish and the question i asked Paul Faulkner which the coward refused to answer was, you name me a player that Alex McLeish has developed from a good youth player into a very good first team player. Look at Gary Gardner, he puts him on the bloody left wing!

I've refined my poster, can we get these printed and pinned up around Villa Park?

nilnildrawmcgraw.png

Although i have been one of the very few who have tried to defend AM on certain points i have to say 'villaajax' that is probably the best post in this thread. :lol:

When people say we can't get, this or that manager. Don't forget we will put them in the top twenty earners in world football.

When the wages fund for managers out weighs that what can be spent on Players then I am sure they will jump at the chance of managing a team going nowhere fast. He wont be sacked though so not worth worrying about.

He didn't **** listen.

Whats worse is if Lerner is making plans with McLeish for next season then he still isnt listening.

How low do attendances have to go before Lerner will admit he royally **** up?

At this stage Lerner also appears to not be watching either. If he keeps McLeish on for next season he's either blind, stupid or just plain nasty.

Seriously, could those that attend do the turn the back on McLeish thing?

Would certainly get the media's attention.

The problem is I don't think the anger shown on here represents a good portion of fans.

The ovation the lower trinity gave him Monday when he walked to the dugout was mind blowing.

I refuse to believe that. They must've been clapping the players. I've met nobody at VP who likes him.

Lerner and Faulkner took an almighty,desperate gamble and it has failed. Trouble is now I think they are trying to play a poker face and pretend everything will be OK. Havent heard much from Faulkner recently have we?

My guess is that we will scrape enough to survive, McLeish will plead mitigating factors for such poor football, the board will back him with a couple of 7-10 million signings to try and appease the fans and another god awful season ensues.

But if things are still crap next Christmas, McLeish will be gone.

Lerner and Faulkner took an almighty,desperate gamble and it has failed. Trouble is now I think they are trying to play a poker face and pretend everything will be OK. Havent heard much from Faulkner recently have we?

My guess is that we will scrape enough to survive, McLeish will plead mitigating factors for such poor football, the board will back him with a couple of 7-10 million signings to try and appease the fans and another god awful season ensues.

Yup I can see that as being very likely

all i can say to that is, roll on Christmas then

We're the famous Aston Villa and were probably going down, going down, going down...

Might see us win a few games in the Championship.

Really is the only redeeming factor, that and getting our games on BBC One from time to time. Though that is merely me trying to make the best out of what will be the worst case scenario.

What Didersix said.

I definately think we'll spend in the summer. Randy has tightened the purse strings already, and there will be more wages freed up with Heskey, Guzan & others leaving.

What Didersix said.

I definately think we'll spend in the summer. Randy has tightened the purse strings already, and there will be more wages freed up with Heskey, Guzan & others leaving.

The problem is that if McLeish isn't sacked after this campaign, we're all going to be livid, protests will continue and season ticket sales will be at rock bottom. All because of a manager that will probably be gone by Christmas anyway.

So my point is, it's all very well Randy opening his chequebook but what quality player would pick a club with unrest over other options?

Â