The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

So we should have been happy with McLaren? Sorry, I like you as a poster but I think you are talking nonsense this evening.

Nope, not at all. Some people may have been happy, but many probably would not. He wouldnt be the man I want because in all honesty, I find him a bit boring....

However, in actual 'football' terms.... Im finding it hard to recognise why AVFC would be too good for Mclaren, especially given what both parties have achieved/unachieved over recent years.

And all I am saying on the point you dont seem to understand is that -

When people said no to Martinez and Mclaren were they under some crazy illusion (given the list of candidates), that we were going to be offered something better instead?? - Because a lot seemed shocked when someone even worse rocked up.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, in actual 'football' terms.... Im finding it hard to recognise why AVFC would be too good for Mclaren, especially given what both parties have achieved/unachieved over recent years.

I will keep saying it because you seem to be ignoring it but take a look at what he achieved at Forest.

When people said no to Martinez and Mclaren were they under some crazy illusion (given the list of candidates), that we were going to be offered something better instead?? - Because a lot seemed shocked when someone even worse rocked up.

I understand the point you are trying to make I just think its a bit of a moot point.

There were better names still in the running, such as Rafa. McLeish's name at that stage hadn't been mentioned so actually you don't really have a point.

Your point essentially seems to be that we should have been happy with Martinez or McLaren because the next names on Randy's list were only going to worse.

Well while that might be accurate it doesn't mean that the fans should be happy to accept the best of a bad bunch.

Sorry I get what you are saying I just think its nonsense.

A manager that very few people want, playing football that nobody enjoys watching, getting results that are endangering the clubs future.

It's so depressing.

Makes no sense. It's not like we didn't know it wasn't coming when we appointed him either. Randy has royally f***ed up on McLeish.

McLeish being rubbish does not make McLaren good, neither of them are good enough for us!

There were other managers out there who would have steadied the ship, Curbs for example, Hughes (though he probably wanted money?). As mentioned earlier Randy didn't make this decision based on football and I am still not sure really what his criteria was? He was obviously hugely swayed by SAF's letter? So in other words another manager at a rival club chose our manager, clueless fuckwits the lot of them!

We should not be in this position of looking worryingly behind us, last nights results were very bad for us as we can't win ATM. This is doubly bad as AM seems to think that draw is a win. We cannot rely on the odd draw here and there we need to win a couple of games and get out of this mess!

This is doubly bad as AM seems to think that draw is a win. We cannot rely on the odd draw here and there we need to win a couple of games and get out of this mess!

The next time he starts waving and blowing kisses to the crowd as if he's won the league, like he did after the yawn inducing draw against Stoke, can the people that are in the crowd not wave and clap back but instead just tell him to **** off to his face.

This is doubly bad as AM seems to think that draw is a win. We cannot rely on the odd draw here and there we need to win a couple of games and get out of this mess!

The next time he starts waving and blowing kisses to the crowd as if he's won the league, like he did after the yawn inducing draw against Stoke, can the people that are in the crowd not wave and clap back but instead just tell him to **** off to his face.

Them Stokey's are a weird bunch though??

This face!

_56498100_mcleish_051111.jpg:puke::angry:

This face!

_56498100_mcleish_051111.jpg:puke::angry:

Some of the internet venom needs to be shown at VP however I don't think there are actually enough people turning up each week???

Some of the internet venom needs to be shown at VP however I don't think there are actually enough people turning up each week???

Actually, not turning up is the best protest going. A boycott of VP gets through to the board much louder than any demonstrations in the ground.

Unless the entire crowd turn their back on McLeish when he walks out of the tunnel and at the end. That would be pretty cool.

Seriously, could those that attend do the turn the back on McLeish thing?

Would certainly get the media's attention.

Surely the turning back thing should be reserved for the return of the Messiah?

After all, he did walk out on us :winkold:

Ain't no sunshine when he's here

it's not warm when he's here.

Ain't no sunshine when he's here,

and he's stayed way too long

anytime please go away.

Wonder, this time he'll take us down,

wonder if he takes us down

and this club just ain't no club,

anytime please go away.

And we, down go, down go, down go, down go

down go, down go, down go, go down, down go

down go, down go, down go, down go, down go

down go, hey just leave this club alone.

But ain't no sunshine when he's here

only darkness everyday.

And this club just ain't a club,

Surely the turning back thing should be reserved for the return of the Messiah?

After all, he did walk out on us :winkold:

Do it to both of them! As long it's all of home fans. All 17 of us!

He didn't **** listen.

Whats worse is if Lerner is making plans with McLeish for next season then he still isnt listening.

How low do attendances have to go before Lerner will admit he royally **** up?

The problem is I don't think the anger shown on here represents a good portion of fans.

The ovation the lower trinity gave him Monday when he walked to the dugout was mind blowing.

Â