The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I think how poor a job McLeish has done clouds opinion on Martinez slightly (definitely for me, obviously can't speak for others). He is certainly started to look a good option but I seem to remember not wanting him in the summer from other options.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it you voted for Ancelotti then mantis
Yeah, because he was the manager I WANTED. I think most people on here would want a world class manager like Ancelotti. You seem to have a massive problem with this. Just because people want a world class manager doesn't mean they think we'll get one.

Yeah because wanting Ancelotti over Martinez is preposterous. The poll was ''who would you want', not 'realistically speaking, who do you think we should get'. Having said that, I think I voted for Rijkaard :lol: .

Yeah because wanting Ancelotti over Martinez is preposterous. The poll was ''who would you want', not 'realistically speaking, who do you think we should get'. Having said that, I think I voted for Rijkaard :lol: .

Well Rijkaard was interested in the job but unfortunately he didn't have that all important Premier League experience which only top managers like McLeish have.

Bit of a pointless poll really then wasnt it? May as well have just asked who is the best manager in the world and start a poll on that?

Yes. Under the circumstances McLeish the job I don't think anybody on that list would have taken the job. Now after another year of experience with Wigan who are still likely to be relegated I think he would consider the job. We now have a younger squad with some of the older higher earners gone at Villa this summer I think he would have to consider the job. There will probably be a little money to spend and he would have a chance to build a squad and have them play how he wants, this seems like the kind of challenge that would interest a young ambitious manager like Martinez

Yeah, which is why I thought it was a realistic option at the time. Though I'd still probably prefer Ancelotti.

Its also a shame that all the decent managers we had available to us at the time are now at better teams doings doing good work. Ancelotti at PSG, Rijkaard at Saudi Arabia, Koeman at Feyenoord.

We've been lumbered with somebody who wasn't only 3rd choice to Martinez but also second choice behind McClaren!

I'm going to eat some comfort food...

I voted for Martinez for the poll in the summer and got hammered for it. If i remember correctly, Martinez had a grand total of 2 votes in that poll. Thats right... TWO!

So why is it all of a sudden the vast majority want him now? Whats changed your minds?

Is it because Ancelotti finally got himself a job and now you're back in the real world?

Why are you so condescending? The poll asked who we wanted, not who we thought was most likely. I doubt Martinez would be at the top of many people's lists but now that we have McLeish I think many would much rather have Martinez.

This debate is really odd. Fair enough if people don't rate Martinez but how is he not better than McLeish? He kept Wigan up last season with an inferior squad and much less money. McLeish on the other hand took SHA down.

:

So the Wigan team with Rodallega, N'Zogbia, Moses Al-Habsi et al is a poorer team than McLeish had with the blouse?

Nope. Not buying that for a second.

The damage that Mcleish may do with money over the summer could set Villa back five years. This man will destroy our club given time. The sooner he goes, the better.

Ive said it before, every week he is here, it sets us back two. The man is a cancer. He single handedly drives 10,000 people away from Villa park each week and that number will grow to 15,000 next year.

The damage that Mcleish may do with money over the summer could set Villa back five years. This man will destroy our club given time. The sooner he goes, the better.

This really worries me.

If Mcleish fails, sorry, when Mcleish fail and he does go will Lerner have the money or want to spend the money again with a new manager?

We need a manager who can build something with the budget he's given. The only evidence we have of Mcleish building a team in the prem is finishing 9th, spending a good amount of money and getting relegated.

I voted for Martinez for the poll in the summer and got hammered for it. If i remember correctly, Martinez had a grand total of 2 votes in that poll. Thats right... TWO!

So why is it all of a sudden the vast majority want him now? Whats changed your minds?

Is it because Ancelotti finally got himself a job and now you're back in the real world?

Why are you so condescending? The poll asked who we wanted, not who we thought was most likely. I doubt Martinez would be at the top of many people's lists but now that we have McLeish I think many would much rather have Martinez.

This debate is really odd. Fair enough if people don't rate Martinez but how is he not better than McLeish? He kept Wigan up last season with an inferior squad and much less money. McLeish on the other hand took SHA down.

:

So the Wigan team with Rodallega, N'Zogbia, Moses Al-Habsi et al is a poorer team than McLeish had with the blouse?

Nope. Not buying that for a second.

Definitely. Aside from the players you just mentioned, most of Wigan's squad last season was pretty shit.

Don't forget SHA also had the likes of Larsson, Foster, Hleb, Bentley and Gardner.

Don't forget SHA also had the likes of Larsson, Foster, Hleb, Bentley and Gardner.

Hleb hasnt been good for aaaaages, Foster isnt as good as Al Habsi, Gardner and Larsson are decent but Bentley? Ha ha ha ha seriously Mantis?

Wigan as already stated had Nzogbia, Rodallega, Moses Al Habsi as well as Cleverley, Watson, Diame, McCarthy, these are all good players and all would have got in that Birmingham team.

This really worries me.

If Mcleish fails, sorry, when Mcleish fail and he does go will Lerner have the money or want to spend the money again with a new manager?

We need a manager who can build something with the budget he's given. The only evidence we have of Mcleish building a team in the prem is finishing 9th, spending a good amount of money and getting relegated.

I still stick to the general theory that Lerner wants out. I think it highly unlilkey therefore that Mcleish will get much if any cash over what he raises from player sales. If Bent were fit he would be a nailed on departure.

I expect a permanent deal for Robbie Keane and live in fear of Roger Johnson and Andy carrol.

However if Mcleish makes significant changes to the squad I expect us to be relegated.

Â