The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People didnt want Martinez or Mclaren because they, (for some reason) think we are far too good for all of them.

People wanted MON gone because they thought we should be aiming higher.

Id like to know what part of the largely unsuccessful last 30, no lets be truthful, 100 years people were basing this on because they were undoubtedly wrong.

Every time I see the calmness of Martinez I regret that he s not our manager. The man I wanted.

your 3rd point will open a can of worms

The big question is how did Lerner go from someone like Martinez (plays football) to someone like McLeish (does not play football)?

That's easy, football never came into it. Randy hasnt a clue about football. It was purely based on the finances they would work under.

People didnt want Martinez or Mclaren because they, (for some reason) think we are far too good for all of them.

Id like to know what part of the largely unsuccessful last 30, no lets be truthful, 100 years people were basing this on because they were undoubtedly wrong.

Every time I see the calmness of Martinez I regret that he s not our manager. The man I wanted.

Because people are so in denial. Swinging from the North Stand gates shouting 'No" to McLaren coming. A man whos won more in the last few years than we have this century. A man whos won as much as we have in the last 30 years.

I dont understand where people get this nonsense from that we are this big succesful club with the choice of a host of top managers wanting the job. Its madness. Leicester City have won more this century.

[

Because people are so in denial. Swinging from the North Stand gates shouting 'No" to McLaren coming. A man whos won more in the last few years than we have this century. A man whos won as much as we have in the last 30 years.

I dont understand where people get this nonsense from that we are this big succesful club with the choice of a host of top managers wanting the job. Its madness. Leicester City have won more this century.

Yeah because McLaren did a tip top job at Forest. Trust me I'm surrounded by Forest fans, I saw plenty of their games he was a disaster.

Yes he won a League Cup well so has Kenny Dalgiesh and so did Alex McLeish.

Absolute nonsense.

Alex McLeish won the Carling Cup last season but who cares about that?

McClaren is a very poor manager, no wonder why he is at Twente and not in England where he wants to be.

Absolute nonsense.

Alex McLeish won the Carling Cup last season but who cares about that?

McClaren is a very poor manager, no wonder why he is at Twente and not in England where he wants to be.

And for the last 2 years and for basically 50% of the last decade, have we not been a very poor prem team?

Not saying Mclarens good - just not deluding myself that were that good.

No offence but are you Alex McLeish? If you keep telling yourself you are not something big or something special then you will become something not very good and mediocre.

Even Alex Ferguson has been known to call us a big club and look what he has won in the last thirty years! If Man Utd won nothing for the next 30 years would people say they are not a big club? Of course they wouldn't!

I think you are barking up the wrong tree Woody, we aren't that good but McLaren wasn't good enough so people were right. Look how he did at Forest!

Whilst Im not necessarily saying Mclaren would have been my choice - taking everything into account, I dont think wed be in this mess with him in charge.

That said, my main point is that whilst a large majority of fans are under this mad delusion that we are this 'great' club, we will never recognise when we actually have something 'good'.

Now Im not suggesting that the fans being a little more realistic in ambition would have meant Mcliesh would have not become manager. However, if the supporters are more realistic with the status of AVFC then we may not be so dissapointed with inevitable outcomes.

By that I mean when Martinez and McLaren didnt become manager, it was always going to be the case that someone even worse would get it.

Whilst Im not necessarily saying Mclaren would have been my choice - taking everything into account, I dont think wed be in this mess with him in charge.

You haven't followed Forest's fortunes this season have you? Take a look at their performance under McLaren before he lost his job and you might revise this view.

That said, my main point is that whilst a large majority of fans are under this mad delusion that we are this 'great' club, we will never recognise when we actually have something 'good'.

Your basic point was wrong, the fans were right when they said McLaren wasn't good enough, they were right when they said McLeish wasn't good enough.

Sadly we are run by an idiot and his lap dog.

Now Im not suggesting that the fans being a little more realistic in ambition would have meant Mcliesh would have not become manager. However, if the supporters are more realistic with the status of AVFC then we may not be so dissapointed with inevitable outcomes.

Sorry I've literally no idea what you are on about, I don't think us fighting relegation is inevitable in fact I think it could have easily been avoided. We are better than this, we are better than McLeish that doesn't mean I expect CL football but I don't expect us to be praying for other teams to lose to keep us up.

By that I mean when Martinez and McLaren didnt become manager, it was always going to be the case that someone even worse would get it.

So we should have been happy with McLaren? Sorry, I like you as a poster but I think you are talking nonsense this evening.

i DON'T THINK vILLA HAVE THE STOMACH FOR A FIGHT. gOD HELP US IF WE SLIP IN TO THE BOTTOM THREE. tHE PLAYERS WILL FEEL SO SORRY FOR THEMSELVES THAT THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY THEIR WAY OUT OF IT. wE HAVE WON JUST 7 GAMES ALL SEASON, THE OTHER TEAMS AROUND US SEEM TO BATTLE AND SCRAP FOR POINTS, WINS PARTICULARLY. I cannot see Villa winning agains this season. (Sorry about caps lock, can't be bothered to change it!!). MCLEISH OUT!!

Â