The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambert is the only manager of the so called "smaller clubs" that I would happily take at Villa.

I thought we were supposed to be a relatively big club? We should not be talking about the likes of McLeish, Kean, Martinez or McCarthy managing Aston Villa.

(Saying that would still prefer Martinez to McLeish)

This. All of it.

Well its certainly gone up from two thats for sure

It probably has a lot to do with our expectations being lowered over the course of the season. It certainly isn't because Martinez has proved himself to be a great candidate this season.

For the sake of this, admittedly off topic, Martinez McLeish debate how about the participants watch tonight and Sundays respective clashes against United and give a fair assessment of how both teams setup tactically and the end result.

You mean watch United beat Wigan's near full squad, then beat our bunch of youngsters. Not sure how that will be a good assesment.

Think you missed his point entirely.

Afraid I didn't. How you set up depends on the players you have available. This in turn affects the result. I rate Wigans available squad better than ours they also have a lot more 'big game' experience. Therefore Wigan's manager will be able to make a more informed decision about how they set up.

Just because you don't agree with what I say, doesn't mean I missedthe point.

For the sake of this, admittedly off topic, Martinez McLeish debate how about the participants watch tonight and Sundays respective clashes against United and give a fair assessment of how both teams setup tactically and the end result.

You mean watch United beat Wigan's near full squad, then beat our bunch of youngsters. Not sure how that will be a good assesment.

Afraid I didn't. How you set up depends on the players you have available. This in turn affects the result. I rate Wigans available squad better than ours they also have a lot more 'big game' experience. Therefore Wigan's manager will be able to make a more informed decision about how they set up.

You can take that into account when you assess their respective approaches and outcomes. You did miss the point!

Remind me how our full squad was set up against United at home earlier this season.

Remind me how our full squad was set up against United at home earlier this season.

So we lost 1-0 to United at home. Wigan lost 5-0 to United away. So at the moment we are 4 goals better of?

This is so pointless.

You can take that into account when you assess their respective approaches and outcomes. You did miss the point!

You're right. We can assess them both. But as I explained before, you cannot compare them. So whats the point?

Anyway as Trent has already pointed out there is no point discussing it as McLeish will be here next season and Martinez wont.

You're right. We can assess them both. But as I explained before, you cannot compare them. So whats the point?

Anyway as Trent has already pointed out there is no point discussing it as McLeish will be here next season and Martinez wont.

I’m refusing to believe one half of that!

I already know how we will play and why we will fail. The man is a defeatist, simple as that, and it has been reflected in game after game after game.

See Norwich at Spurs ? Remember us at Spurs ?

That game epitomises Mcleish, team of defenders and everyone scared witless to express themselves.

I like Martinez but he definitely needs to get a bigger job and prove himself as a proper Prem manager. I'd be pretty happy if that job was us, starting this summer. Don't get me wrong, wouldn't be my first choice either, but out of the realistic candidates IF McLeish was to leave (and I don't think Lambert is one anymore), I think he'd be one of the better shouts.

I like Martinez but he definitely needs to get a bigger job and prove himself as a proper Prem manager. I'd be pretty happy if that job was us, starting this summer. Don't get me wrong, wouldn't be my first choice either, but out of the realistic candidates IF McLeish was to leave (and I don't think Lambert is one anymore), I think he'd be one of the better shouts.

This is a very sensible way of looking at things. We definitely want McLeish gone, and I think eventually Randy will realize the fans will demand a change. He would definitely be better than McLeish and it would be a new culture I expect the young players would improve under him as he seems a good teacher of the game. Agree Lambert is no longer an option and Martinez > Curbs, Mick, or anyone else who would consider taking the job

I voted for Martinez for the poll in the summer and got hammered for it. If i remember correctly, Martinez had a grand total of 2 votes in that poll. Thats right... TWO!

So why is it all of a sudden the vast majority want him now? Whats changed your minds?

Is it because Ancelotti finally got himself a job and now you're back in the real world?

Why are you so condescending? The poll asked who we wanted, not who we thought was most likely. I doubt Martinez would be at the top of many people's lists but now that we have McLeish I think many would much rather have Martinez.

This debate is really odd. Fair enough if people don't rate Martinez but how is he not better than McLeish? He kept Wigan up last season with an inferior squad and much less money. McLeish on the other hand took SHA down.

Â