The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I'd rather spend £5m changing managers than, say, on a replacement left back for the season.

We'll survive without that extra player. We might not survive with the same manager

Absolutely. If it was my choice I wouldn't hesitate one second. But would a new manager see it the same way?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, as much as I'd love to get Lambert, we'd not only have to pay Norwich off, we'd have to pay McLeish off as well. Thus leaving no money for players, thus **** us over for another season.

:(

TBH I wouldn't be to concerned about the pay off's, it would be worth it. I feel that with some of squad we have he would get more out of them than the current clearing in the woods in charge.

I also now am at the point of hating Mcleish and listening to the crap he spouts boils my piss

would love lambert - he wouldnt need to buy anyone - maybe tinker in the transfer market as he has for norwich but as our young crop will have had a proper season (more or less) under their belt they should be able to really crack on next year under the right leadership....

I'd rather get relegated under Lambert playing attacking and well maintained football than get relegated under McLeish playing football that is the equivalent of an old dog laying down to die. Lambert would be great.. I didn't think about it much before as I never thought McLeish going could be a possibility but if we can bring him in.

What a load of rubbish Lawro talks.

3-0 Man U, it wil leasily be 4. :-)

Im pretty sure McCunt would take a 4-0 loss right now.

Well they are an elite club.

My point exactly.

would love lambert - he wouldnt need to buy anyone - maybe tinker in the transfer market

You having a laugh?? Our whole team needs an overhaul. I agree that the kids are coming along nicely but **** me, the rest of the squad is just poor. If Lambert comes here the first thing he should do is bring Pikington and Holt with him. Im sure both of those players would do great here under him

Randy probably won't have the balls to go after Lambert, given how he had his fingers burnt with the Martinez affair last season.

It would be an attractive position though - it's not like a new manager has particularly big shoes to fill. No matter who it is he'll probably be a hit with the fans by simply not being Alex McLeish.

It will also be win win for this hypothetical new manager - if he's a success great, if we're in the same position as we currently are under a new manager next season Randy will be under the spotlight in a big way.

would love lambert - he wouldnt need to buy anyone - maybe tinker in the transfer market

You having a laugh?? Our whole team needs an overhaul. I agree that the kids are coming along nicely but **** me, the rest of the squad is just poor. If Lambert comes here the first thing he should do is bring Pikington and Holt with him. Im sure both of those players would do great here under him

I think his point was not that he shouldnt' bring anyone in, but that even if he didn't he'd get so much more out of our current squad than mcLeish is getting.

Meaning that even if we didn't do any business, we'd be likely to see a significant improvement regardless.

And I'd agree 100%

I think his point was not that he shouldnt' bring anyone in, but that even if he didn't he'd get so much more out of our current squad than mcLeish is getting.

Like Houllier did you mean?

Things dont happen overnight. Lambert would need time and money just like Ged did and just like Eck should.

Unless of course we want a different manager every season...

Things dont happen overnight. Lambert would need time and money just like Ged did and just like Eck should.

Haha brilliant ,you hoenstly believe over time Eck will get things right. If he stays we'll stil lbe playing this dour football in years to come, just in a lower league.

:|

Houllier didn't therefore every other manager in the world can't?

How about like MON did in his first seaosn with only really one transfer of note (Petrov)?

or are you suggesting McLeish is getting as much out of these players as anyone could? Because if so I'd suggest you need a large glass of wakethefuckup juice

You can't seem to understand that some managers are better than others. Why is this concept so alien to you?

No we certainly don't but appointing a man with a heart condition followed by a man with McLeish's track record and background were hardly likely to be long term candidates.

You would hope that should they get rid of McLeish that they might make a slightly smarter decision this time around so we aren't in the same position in 12 months.

So let me get this straight....new managers dont need time to get some of his own players and bulid an ethos at the club??

There really are some small minded people on here. You need to stop playing football manager. A season doesnt last 6 hours in real life you know.

Stu

McLeish is a poor manager, it's a simple fact. Other, half decent, managers would be getting better out of these players. And would certainly be trying to play better footy aswell.

Giving McLeish time would only make the situation work.

even Stevie Wonder can see he is not good enough. You really need to wake up.

You can't seem to understand that some managers are better than others. Why is this concept so alien to you?

Err yes i can. Houllier is clearly a better manager than Eck, but he only managed to get the same sort of performance from this squad - plus Ashley Young and Downing might i add - so does it really make a massive difference??

The squad is still shite no matter who is managing them.

Why is this concept so alien to you?

Â