The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Don't forget SHA also had the likes of Larsson, Foster, Hleb, Bentley and Gardner.

Hleb hasnt been good for aaaaages, Foster isnt as good as Al Habsi, Gardner and Larsson are decent but Bentley? Ha ha ha ha seriously Mantis?

Wigan as already stated had Nzogbia, Rodallega, Moses Al Habsi as well as Cleverley, Watson, Diame, McCarthy, these are all good players and all would have got in that Birmingham team.

SHA finished 9th in 2010. Their squad wasn't great but it was better than Wigan's. Didn't McLeish spend something like £20m after they got 9th?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....

How does Alex still have a job? Surely Randy/Faulkner aren't that stupid to see that his record is exactly the same as when he was at the Blose...

With Blose at this point last season:

Pos Name P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS

14 Birmingham 32 6 7 4 18 19 2 7 6 15 24 -10 38

with Villa this season.

Pos Name P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS

15 Aston Villa 32 4 5 7 18 22 3 9 4 17 22 -9 35

Well, would you look at that. Goals for at home, are exactly the same, bearing in mind that he has England's top goalscorer. Blose had conceded 3 LESS than we have.

Here's how his season finished up.

18 Birmingham 38 6 8 5 19 22 2 7 10 18 36 -21 39

Meaning that he only drew 1 game and lost the rest in 6 games...

Really fearing for us now, especially with QPR and Wigan winning at the moment. Guh.

I'm staggered anyone can think Martinez isn't a good manager. I'm not just saying that on the back of tonight's result - he's had far less resources than other managers and has consistently had to sell his best players.

I'd take him in a shot over the tosspot we've got at the moment.

Id say McLeish is under a little pressure to do something against Man U now. Surely can't play a hard defensive game now Wigan have shown us they are more than beatable with the correct tactics of course.

No pressure, as we all know, you don't beat the elite teams.

There is not a chance in hell that McLeish will play anything other than the most defensive set up possible and forbid our players to go over their halfway line. United will score inside the first ten minutes and the game will be over. Have faith anyone?

It's a pointless debate because we are stuck with who we have, but I honestly can't see how others don't see what a good job Martinez is doing. You're entitled to your opinion and all, but you're wrong.

This.

Wigan have done us no favours tonight. Not only have they grabbed 3 more points towards their survival target but they have left Man United seething and they will be looking to destroy their next opponents as punishment for slipping up tonight.

People didnt want Martinez or Mclaren because they, (for some reason) think we are far too good for all of them.

People wanted MON gone because they thought we should be aiming higher.

Id like to know what part of the largely unsuccessful last 30, no lets be truthful, 100 years people were basing this on because they were undoubtedly wrong.

Every time I see the calmness of Martinez I regret that he s not our manager. The man I wanted.

Â