The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

lawro thinks lambert is being lined up in summer.

please god let this be true

Any more info...? I'm surprised he stopped bleating about Liverpool for 5 minutes. Link!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should aim higher than Lambert in my opinion

Yes he's had a decent first PL season but we should be aiming higher surely

He's had 3 excellent seasons in a row.

We wouldn't get anyone better than Lambert. Lambert will be at a top club in the future I reckon, we need to get him now before that happens.

#

This!

Should have tried to get him last summer. Here's to hoping that Randy has seen sense and will try to get this man. Would he want to come to Villa? I'm not sure.

What?

What country are you from?

What? What? Wh - ?

"What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?

What?

English, really bad person, do you speak it?

Yes! Yes!

Then you know what I'm sayin'!

Yes!

Describe what Alex McLeish looks like!

What?

Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you really bad person, say what one more Goddamn time!

lawro thinks lambert is being lined up in summer.

please god let this be true

Any more info...? I'm surprised he stopped bleating about Liverpool for 5 minutes. Link!
Link is here - just click
Man Utd v Aston Villa (1600 BST)

Manchester United were extremely poor in their defeat by Wigan but as we know well by now, you very rarely see two successive under-par performances from them, let alone back-to-back losses.

And, having seen quite a bit of Aston Villa recently, I just cannot see them posing Manchester United any problems.

So I think it is a case of seeing how quickly United score the first goal - I think that is the most important thing in these kind of games - and I don't think they will have to wait too long.

I can understand why teams go to Old Trafford and sit back while defending in numbers but, for me, if you are not threatening the goal at the other end then that approach is always going to end in tears.

Villa's tactics have generally been negative all season. Manager Alex McLeish always seems to play one too many defensive-minded players.

They have got loads of young players coming through, which is fantastic for them, but that does not mean anyone would realistically tip them to get even a point here.

Sir Alex Ferguson rested Paul Scholes against Wigan and United definitely missed him. He is the continuity player for them in terms of getting the ball and releasing it quickly - every single pass he makes, he tries to go forwards.

Scholes' range of passing is obviously fantastic too and he is also a big influence on the rest of the team, because he doesn't panic under pressure. I am sure he will be back this weekend.

Villa are already in a relegation battle that has echoes of what happened to McLeish last season when he was in charge at Birmingham and could not stop them sliding out of the top flight.

But I think they will be alright. They play Sunderland and Bolton at home in their next two games and they have to be looking for four points from those fixtures, which would be enough to keep them up.

What will be interesting is what happens at Villa Park in the summer, and it depends on how their owner Randy Lerner views the job that McLeish has done.

There has been a lot of talk linking Norwich boss Paul Lambert to the Villa job and, in terms of their facilities and the young players they have coming through, managers will look at Villa and think that with some good buying and selling, they could take them to the top half.

So I still think they are an attractive proposition, it's just that their owner has decided he is not going to spend £25m every year just to finish 10th.

Prediction: 3-0

What a load of rubbish Lawro talks.

3-0 Man U, it wil leasily be 4. :-)

Im pretty sure McCunt would take a 4-0 loss right now.

We should aim higher than Lambert in my opinion

Yes he's had a decent first PL season but we should be aiming higher surely

What have you got against Lambert? He's not just had a good season this season, he took Norwich up to the Championship from League 1 and then up to the Premier League straight afterwards.

Ok then, who do you think we should aim for?

Lambert is the perfect manager to replace McLeish. He'd probably even command lower wages.

He's a European Cup winner with Dortmund, he's an up and coming manager with a similar ability to get the best out of players as he who must not be named/VoldeMON etc.

Lambert could be our Moyes.

I really struggle to see why people wouldn't want him as manager.

What have you got against Lambert? He's not just had a good season this season, he took Norwich up to the Championship from League 1 and then up to the Premier League straight afterwards.

Ok then, who do you think we should aim for?

This,

We wanted MArtinez - got turned down.

We then wanted to speak to McLaren - We protested so thinned him out.

We then had to settle for McLeish.

What on Earth makes you think we can afford to turn Lambert down and 'aim higher'?

Lambert is the perfect manager to replace McLeish. He'd probably even command lower wages.

He's a European Cup winner with Dortmund, he's an up and coming manager with a similar ability to get the best out of players as he who must not be named/VoldeMON etc.

Lambert could be our Moyes.

I really struggle to see why people wouldn't want him as manager.

Presumably it's because he's not a big name (yet) or because he's doing well this season therefore might be a "one season wonder".

I think that this thread proves once and for all what a ludicrous appointment McLeish was.

We were all led to believe that with 'better' players, his reputation at SHA for being a defensive manager wouldn't count for anything. He had to set them up defensively as they were a newly-promoted side - I get that, and it made sense.

But he has integrated the same mentality here. Defensive, drab football that is painful to watch with 2-3 goalscoring chances a game - if we are lucky. Sometimes we have struggled to have a shot on target all game.

Over the season, there have been many people in the media who have all stated the same - McLeish is too negative, defensive, playing players of of position etc. etc.

Dig a little further back than SHA and you will fine he is despised by fans of most of the clubs he has managed. He has spent fortunes and delivered shit football, then to add insult to injury, walked out and leave his clubs in the shit financially.

Motherwell had financial problems after a McLeish spending spree, so did Hibs, look at Rangers now, Small Heath, and if we are relegated we could go into financial meltdown.

There can be no defending the man any longer. He has to go.

MCLEISH OUT

Â