The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was the final straw for me.

I left today as soon as Stoke equalised. I have NEVER left VP before the final whistle before, but I just couldn't stand to watch us throw away another 2 points.

I don't blame McLeish for everything that has gone wrong this season, but the guy just doesn't have the skills to turn things around.

I have been agonising over re-newing my ST for next year, but I've decided that I am not putting another penny into the club until McLeish is gone. It pains me to do it, but Lerner can go f*** himself if he thinks that Villa fans like me are just going to keep coughing up regardless. I haven't been on holiday for 3 years so I could afford a ST - What a f***ing mug I am!!

I think we'll survive this season (just), but once a few more players are sold off in the summer to balance the books we'll definitely be looking at relegation next season.

McLEISH OUT!!!!!

Surely someone who uses this site has access to Paul Faulkner. If so please just tell him to sack McLeish now. He will never win the fans over so give up and start afresh. We don't need to go for a manager with 'Premier League experience', there are no guarantees you'll get a safe pair of hands in charge. We need to be ambitious, maybe go for someone in the lower leagues if we have to. But most of all, I just desperately want us sort out the apathy and the dwindling crowds. We need excitement because being a Villa fan right now is **** dull.

Sadly I know I am wasting my time writing this but I have at least tried to be heard by someone. Unfortunately I have more chance contacting the dead than getting through to the suits at VP.

I am waiting( and hoping) for the day when Villa is mathematically safe. Then may the abuse begin ...aimed at McLeish and Lerner. Apply the pressure and see what results. All we can do is try. If McLeish is still there next season, then God help us.

Had a dream that I spoke to Randy right after another loss, laying out in detail his managerial inadequacies. To my surprise, Randy completely agreed and even put some of his own grievances on the table. McLeish was sacked shortly thereafter. One can dream right :lol: ?

Will McExcuses ever take the blame

I see in the mail this morning he's blaming the referee

So thats now

The Gods, Lady Luck, Injuries, Match Officials have i missed any? I predict he will blame the weather next

McLeish Out

Had a dream that I spoke to Randy right after another loss, laying out in detail his managerial inadequacies. To my surprise, Randy completely agreed and even put some of his own grievances on the table. McLeish was sacked shortly thereafter. One can dream right :lol: ?

Since the arrival of Randy my dream has steadily turned into a nightmare.

Will McExcuses ever take the blame

I see in the mail this morning he's blaming the referee

So thats now

The Gods, Lady Luck, Injuries, Match Officials have i missed any? I predict he will blame the weather next

McLeish Out

I think you missed out the killing of certain sea birds.

The worry for me with this lunatic still being in charge is the potentially long term damage this is doing. I have a 9 yr old lad, who due to my expert and careful nurturing is a Villa nut too. He is as frustrated as me, when I went in recently to a parents evening, as one of his English assignments I was amazed to see that he had written a letter in his workbook to McLeish asking him what was going on!

My concern is that some of his friends who are also Villa fans are now starting to say "Villa suck", and "I'm going to support Man U now" and suchlike.

Granted I am talking about a couple of his young pals, but I would guess this sort of wavering is normal amongst youngsters and decisions made now about support sow the seed for later life.

The worry for me with this lunatic still being in charge is the potentially long term damage this is doing. I have a 9 yr old lad, who due to my expert and careful nurturing is a Villa nut too. He is as frustrated as me, when I went in recently to a parents evening, as one of his English assignments I was amazed to see that he had written a letter in his workbook to McLeish asking him what was going on!

My concern is that some of his friends who are also Villa fans are now starting to say "Villa suck", and "I'm going to support Man U now" and suchlike.

Granted I am talking about a couple of his young pals, but I would guess this sort of wavering is normal amongst youngsters and decisions made now about support sow the seed for later life.

Of course it's a concern as his pals may try to convince him to jump ship at an early age, and you can understand that at 9 years old a Man United team that's just about to win the title again are a far more attractive prospect than Villa under this buffoon, Claretman it's now you're job to teach him about loyalty in supporting you're team through thick and thin etc... Good luck in that, I think I'll have the same problem soon as I've 4 year twins boy/girl, they've both got Villa kits but it's the boy I want to be a Villa fan the most, a of yet he hasn't really shown a great deal of interest in football apart from a kick about in the garden but when it's time to introduce the Villa properly to him then how am I going to do that if we're in the championship or struggling to stay in the Premer League after selling our best players yet again...

My lad won't deviate now, I've taken him to some matches now and he is hooked.

The youngsters who have no 'parental guidance' or other attachment with the club will be off however, and Mcleish has to take some responsibility for that, as do Lerner and Faulkner.

We should be safe by the time the Bolton game comes around, that is the day for a full on McLeish out protest to start.

I can't see anyone being arsed to go to the game, to be honest.

Yesterday's empty seats and dire football said it all.

We should be safe by the time the Bolton game comes around, that is the day for a full on McLeish out protest to start.

True. The only thing that would get me back to VP while McLeish is there is a genuine organised protest.

I hope proper protests happen but I truly believe Lerner does not care. It's quite clear that the only target set to Mcleish was lower wages and stay in the league. Also because of the mess Lerner has made of running this club there is no way he is going to add to the £12 million already spent on manager compensation.

Any protest should be aimed at Lerner IMO.

I was shocked yesterday to see the bottom section of the trinity give Mcleish a good ovation as he walked past yesterday which makes me worried that there are a good number of fans who want him to stay.

Long term damage is being done and I think our reputation as a club is just as bad as when Doug was here.

True. The only thing that would get me back to VP while McLeish is there is a genuine organised protest.

I just don't think that it'll happen. Firstly, there's little point - Falkner and Lerner demonstrated in the clearest way possible that they couldn't give two hoots as to what the supporters think by appointing the clown in the first place. It's a waste of time other than to get some aggression out.

Secondly, I, like many I assume, would find it very hard to put my weight behind any movement which will be associated with the likes of the McLeish Out and Lerner 'campaign' which appears to be two people on Twitter abusing anyone who disagrees with what they've said.

McLeish is a total disaster from start to finish. It's alienated the fans, turned them against the club, got the team playing the worst football it ever has in the Premier League, heading towards the worst finish it's had and turning away fans left right and centre.

It feels like Falkner and Lerner believe that the fans can be bought off with cheapo Bosman signings - "It'll be different next year". No it won't. It'll be the same awful, boring football under the same awful, boring manager. The new signings won't be given a chance - they will be tainted with the same distrust as the manager. More money wasted.

You had to question the sanity of a manager who'd want the job under such circumstances last year. As the season has progressed, not only has the football become worse and worse, but the bonkers, ridiculous comments have flowed freely.

Nobody likes him. Nobody wants him. The players are not playing for him.

Get Rid.

We have won 7 games (joint 18th in the league) which will inevitably be our lowest total since 1890 when there were only 22 games! We need to win two more matches the 90/91 low. We had eight wins when we got relegated last...

We have scored 35 goals (joint 17th in the league) and unless we grab another 6/7 could be our worst in 40 years.

We are on course for our lowest point tally in the Premiership. Again, last time we got less than 40point we were relegated.

The local press should report this and not this idea that no manager could have done better.

Â