The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A reminder of how deluded he is;

"I know that some people have sought to perpetuate a myth that I am a naturally defensively-minded manager. However, this is a case of certain people not letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Having played in an Aberdeen team that got used to winning trophies regularly - including the European Cup Winners Cup - and having steered Glasgow Rangers to seven trophies in three seasons, I can assure you that my appetite for attacking, winning football is second to none. I am aware that the myth about me being defensively-minded has concerned some Villa fans who rightly relish seeing their team playing fluent, attacking football. However, please be assured that I share your desire to see Villa play dynamic, exciting football which entertains whilst, of course, securing the results we all want."

:oops: :oops: :(:lol::bang: :bonk: :crylaugh:

I literally don't know whether to laugh or cry!

"I know that some people have sought to perpetuate a myth that I am a naturally defensively-minded manager. However, this is a case of certain people not letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Having played in an Aberdeen team that got used to winning trophies regularly - including the European Cup Winners Cup - and having steered Glasgow Rangers to seven trophies in three seasons, I can assure you that my appetite for attacking, winning football is second to none. I am aware that the myth about me being defensively-minded has concerned some Villa fans who rightly relish seeing their team playing fluent, attacking football. However, please be assured that I share your desire to see Villa play dynamic, exciting football which entertains whilst, of course, securing the results we all want."

:oops: :oops: :(:lol::bang: :bonk: :crylaugh:

I literally don't know whether to laugh or cry!

I like the way he mentions Aberdeen as if they won trpohies because of him!

Nothing to do with Fergie then :lol:

Having said that, IF you must go then the Chelsea fans chanting for Jose Mourinho was pretty much the final nail in AVB's coffin. So chanting for a previous manager may be the way forwards.

I refuse to chant for MON... Gregory/Little?

Little or Big Fat Ron for me personally.

I dont remember little Ron :lol:

Little Ron was the bollocks man! Little Ron's claret and blue army!

:lol:

You can't call McLeish a defensive manager really because surely that would suggest he can organise a decent defense? Which quite clearly he can't.

Having said that, IF you must go then the Chelsea fans chanting for Jose Mourinho was pretty much the final nail in AVB's coffin. So chanting for a previous manager may be the way forwards.

Same. MON isn't some sort of Villa legend like Mourinho is at Chelsea.

Does anyone else wish we'd taken a chance on Bob Bradley? :?

I was actually thinking this exact same thing today as I was trying not to fall asleep watching McLeishs' bollocks brand of football.

I'm going to the Sunderland game (£13 Viagogo :winkold:) and I usually buy alcohol in the ground to numb the pain. I'm may have to smuggle in some contraband to support the boycott.

Perhaps a prohibition era Speakeasy in the car park? We could have a certain cider drinking VTer selling goods in a van?

Now we just need everyone to wear overcoats and brimmed hats...

Seriously though, not buying beer/food at the game would be a decent protest.

Hypothetically speaking, if you knew that chanting for MON at the Sunderland game was going to get Eck fired would you do it?

Hypothetically speaking, if you knew that chanting for MON at the Sunderland game was going to get Eck fired would you do it?

Absolutely not I would never sing his name.

McLeish out would do just nicely though.

We want our Martin back

We want our Martin back

We want our Martin back

We want our Martin back

:)

To be fair, MON will spend what money he's given. It's not his job to run the financial aspects of the club. He did take the piss, but only because he was allowed to. Don't care about him now, I just want McLeish out.

What is going on at Villa started way before McLeish got into the door, it has been the same mistakes for the last 2 seasons despite different managers.

Everyone is focused on the manager when it is the players who go out a play. Our problem last year we conceded too many goals, Infact Blues conceded less than us even with a better defence and keeper.

Our problem this year has been draws only the top 6 have lost less games than us but we

are on course for conceding less this season than we did last season despite all the set piece goals

Â