The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF, why are you posting about ManUre / SAF in here

Who gives a ****

You really are a knob! :shock:

Oohhhh is that the best ya got

You prick

No, but due to my respect for other posters on the forum, I am happy to leave it there rather than be some pseudo random internet warrior fighting in binary! :D

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish is “worried” at the prospect of another relegation fight after Birmingham were sucked down last term.

Big ‘Eck, 53, got the Villa job last summer despite presiding over their arch-rival’s relegation with 39 points.

City’s Premier League season went into a tailspin after memorably winning the Carling Cup in February against Arsenal.

Brum failed to win in their last six games amid Craig Gardner’s suspension and injuries to Scott Dann, Obafemi Martins, Nikola Zigic and Martin Jiranek.

Now history could repeat itself with Villa on a run of one win in eight to slip to 15th - five points off the drop zone.

Villa have been missing influential stopper Richard Dunne, England striker Darren Bent and on-loan midfielder Jermaine Jenas with long-term injuries.

The club are also reeling from the devastating news captain Stiliyan Petrov has been diagnosed with Leukeamia.

Petrov 'upbeat' as he begins leukaemia treatment today

When asked about Villa’s precarious position in the top-flight, McLeish admitted: “I don’t think I have ever not been worried this season.

“We have to look to get to at least 40 points. That is the target I’d be giving to the players and get to that target as quickly as possible.

“I think we could have been better with some of the points we have thrown away.

“But we have been weakened by injuries. Birmingham were also definitely significantly weakened after winning the Cup final - losing about five or six key players.

“That does make your job much harder without doubt. But I care, I am conscientious and try and leave no stone unturned.

“I am a deep thinker about things. I am concentrating on winning enough games to make sure Villa is OK.”

McLeish says Villa flirted with the drop last season when their squad was stronger under Gerard Houllier.

Since then the club sold Ashley Young and Stewart Downing, while Kyle Walker returned to Spurs after a loan spell.

Villa owner Randy Lerner has introduced big cut-backs with the club reporting record £54million losses.

McLeish has also had to contend with on-going fan unrest at his appointment with some even protesting at his reign.

Little wonder McLeish even jokes that he could run the country after this stressful campaign.

He added: “It is important to get through this season and that could make a big difference to the future.

“After this perhaps, Prime Minister no problem!

“I did say at the beginning of the season it wasn’t the greatest experienced squad though.

“We had a lot of young players augmenting the squad. I said it would be a tough challenge for us and a transitional period given the way Randy wants to run the club and get the wages down.

“It has been proven and we are weaker than the players here last season at this stage.

“They had Ashley Young, Downing and Kyle Walker - three terrific players.”

McLeish hopes to rebuild Villa in the summer and has already secured the Bosman signing of Australian international midfielder Brett Holman.

But he must rely on youngsters in the run-in after fielding Eric Lichaj, Nathan Baker, Chris Herd, Mark Albrighton, Barry Bannan, Gary Gardner and Andreas Weimann in Saturday’s 4-2 home defeat to Chelsea.

Their presence has bought McLeish a little more patience from supporters but Big ‘Eck still admits he wouldn’t fancy holding a fans’ forum to explain himself.

He said: “At the moment it would be hard to convince people just standing on a stage talking to them. I think we have to do that on the pitch.

“You are looking for a bit of inspiration from the players to go on a run of games and get right up that table to breath easily but that has just not been possible this season.”

-----------

Where's this from? They call him 'Big Eck' twice and there's no criticism of the negative anti-football he's produced all season.

Most of this season we've had pretty much a full squad, we should be on more than 33 points by now really with a decent manager. Poor excuses. At the end of the season, things at the top have to change, but I think the chances of it happening are very slim.

Most of this season we've had pretty much a full squad, we should be on more than 33 points by now really with a decent manager. Poor excuses. At the end of the season, things at the top have to change, but I think the chances of it happening are very slim.

M.Doll at Fulham said that this season to stay up a team needs 39 points.

Stuffed if I know where the other 6 points are going to come from :?:

According to the Sun, McLeish feels that the "Gods have conspired against him" this season!

Just goes to show, nobody bloody likes the ginger git.

Love it. Now he's blaming "the gods". **** off McLeish. Every manager has bad luck with injuries. Much like you had great luck for the first 20 games of the season and managed to mess that up. Even when we had a team containing Dunne, Pretov, CNZ & Bent we still played crap, negative football.

Get him out now.

According to the Sun, McLeish feels that the "Gods have conspired against him" this season!
I can tell him there's nothing imaginary about our current plight.

I think the only ones who can say 'the gods have conspired against us' is us fans.

Who on Earth could have predicted this time last year that we would have the noses boss in charge this year and be in the same mess all over again with the threat of relegation looming.

I have never been so desperate for a manager to leave. I usually advocate giving a manager a chance to impose his stamp on the club and make an impact that way. I believe that the longer he stays, the worse it will get and the harder to rectify when he eventually does leave.

The man is poisioning the club, and I am beginning to think it is deliberate. I bet the Birmigham City fans call him Agent Mcleish, in the same way we spoke about Liam Ridgewell.

The man is poisioning the club, and I am beginning to think it is deliberate. I bet the Birmigham City fans call him Agent Mcleish, in the same way we spoke about Liam Ridgewell.
They do.

He really is pathetic. He may have some excuses now (mainly injuries) but what about most of the season where we've had hardly any injuries? We shouldn't even be in this position.

He is a complete and utter fraud. An idiot. An imbecile. A disgustingly bad manager.

He seems to me like a nice enough guy.
Can someone please explain to me how McLeish is a nice guy? I've heard this time and time again and I just can't get my head round it. Houllier is believed to be a bit of a prick by many on here yet McLeish, who does virtually the same sort of things (always eager to shift the blame onto something/someone else, needlessly critcises the kids in public, makes stupid comments) is supposedly "a nice guy"? I'd argue he's even worse. He's lied, lied and lied again countless times this season, has taken swipes at the fans (even after a victory) and comes out with shit like "we have to be realistic, these are elite clubs, we can't expect to come and win here".

As I said, really can't understand where this nice guy tag comes from. IMO he's proven himself this season alone to be more of a prick than any of our previous managers.

They do.

I knew it. The club is a joke.

His points per game ratio is now 1.15 only manager we've had worse since George Ramsey was Billy McNeill!

www.tinyurl.com/avfcpremcomparison

Of course lets not do anything about it.... we'll look bad :bang: :wow:

The board must be aware of this. They must be aware of how the fans feel. And yet they do nothing. And this Mr Lerner is why you can get ****!

Â