The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

He really is pathetic. He may have some excuses now (mainly injuries) but what about most of the season where we've had hardly any injuries? We shouldn't even be in this position.

He is a complete and utter fraud. An idiot. An imbecile. A disgustingly bad manager.

He seems to me like a nice enough guy.
Can someone please explain to me how McLeish is a nice guy? I've heard this time and time again and I just can't get my head round it. Houllier is believed to be a bit of a prick by many on here yet McLeish, who does virtually the same sort of things (always eager to shift the blame onto something/someone else, needlessly critcises the kids in public, makes stupid comments) is supposedly "a nice guy"? I'd argue he's even worse. He's lied, lied and lied again countless times this season, has taken swipes at the fans (even after a victory) and comes out with shit like "we have to be realistic, these are elite clubs, we can't expect to come and win here".

As I said, really can't understand where this nice guy tag comes from. IMO he's proven himself this season alone to be more of a prick than any of our previous managers.

I have 2 friends who have met Mcleish and they both said he is a nice man. But I am afriad being a nice man but being a shit manager will not keep the club in the Premiership. The same with Emile Heskey, I know people who have met him, really friendly, but the man cannot play football.

On the flip side Sol Campbell is supposed to really rude and arrogant, but we would of all had him in the villa team from 1999 to 2005. I guess that is the way it is.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He really is pathetic. He may have some excuses now (mainly injuries) but what about most of the season where we've had hardly any injuries? We shouldn't even be in this position.

He is a complete and utter fraud. An idiot. An imbecile. A disgustingly bad manager.

He seems to me like a nice enough guy.
Can someone please explain to me how McLeish is a nice guy? I've heard this time and time again and I just can't get my head round it. Houllier is believed to be a bit of a prick by many on here yet McLeish, who does virtually the same sort of things (always eager to shift the blame onto something/someone else, needlessly critcises the kids in public, makes stupid comments) is supposedly "a nice guy"? I'd argue he's even worse. He's lied, lied and lied again countless times this season, has taken swipes at the fans (even after a victory) and comes out with shit like "we have to be realistic, these are elite clubs, we can't expect to come and win here".

As I said, really can't understand where this nice guy tag comes from. IMO he's proven himself this season alone to be more of a prick than any of our previous managers.

I have 2 friends who have met Mcleish and they both said he is a nice man. But I am afriad being a nice man but being a shit manager will not keep the club in the Premiership. The same with Emile Heskey, I know people who have met him, really friendly, but the man cannot play football.

On the flip side Sol Campbell is supposed to really rude and arrogant, but we would of all had him in the villa team from 1999 to 2005. I guess that is the way it is.

He may be a nice man in private but in interviews he's shown himself to be a complete prick.

His points per game ratio is now 1.15 only manager we've had worse since George Ramsey was Billy McNeill!

www.tinyurl.com/avfcpremcomparison

Of course lets not do anything about it.... we'll look bad :bang: :wow:

The board must be aware of this. They must be aware of how the fans feel. And yet they do nothing. And this Mr Lerner is why you can get ****!

They are aware how the fans feel, the thing is they just DONT CARE.

His points per game ratio is now 1.15 only manager we've had worse since George Ramsey was Billy McNeill!

www.tinyurl.com/avfcpremcomparison

Of course lets not do anything about it.... we'll look bad :bang: :wow:

The board must be aware of this. They must be aware of how the fans feel. And yet they do nothing. And this Mr Lerner is why you can get ****!

They are aware how the fans feel, the thing is they just DONT CARE.

Think you'll find its not just the owners who don't care about the fans. The majority of owners, managers, players wont care I would imagine - not like you would want them too anyway. And why would they?

Were the mugs who make it out to be something its not - a passion, a family, our club - its bollocks. Its a sport - just one that is marketed very very well indeed.

I just dont believe this guy at the minute.....

He seems to be putting the players down at every opportunity. On SSN saying hes been worried all season, and that we dont have terrific players like Young, Downing and Walker this time.

Nt that i dont agree with him but come on man, hardly motivational for them - especially as you can guarantee (as its the younger players) - there doing their best.

1st half of the season he seemed to back his players at all costs - what the hell has happened?

[Joke]

Lerner's incapable of addressing an envelope, never mind a football club in crisis.

[/Joke]

Its not a joke. Its a fact.

This man couldnt organise a shag in a brothel.

Can't argue with a single word he's said in that article TBH.

He's called the situation correctly.

No he hasn't.

IMO, yes he has.

I appreciate it's not the accepted wisdom around here John, but that is my view.

To be fair to McLeish he's probably feeling like he's having to go on the defensive.

Nobody likes to admit they're shit at their job, I bet the majority of us if we had our boss come up to us now and say something we did was below standard we'd instantly think of an excuse (whether or not we'd use it depends on our own moral courage).

With McLeish the difference is it doesn't seem to be his boss that's telling him he's doing shit, it's a load of people he has no formal connection to that in his opinion have little or no knowledge about his job specification and his goals and objectives.

If a load of strangers came up and told me I was doing a shit job I'd probably tell them to do one!

Plus a lot of the stuff he says is accurate, whether you think he should be claiming it in his defence or not. The side is weaker than it was last year, we do have injuries to some key players (look at our bench for the Chelsea game!!) those of us that were realistic at the start of the season knew this campaign would be a struggle.

Whilst it's easy for us to sit here and criticise the tactic, the style of play, the performances, none of us are at the training ground everyday, none of us are in the dressing room before, during and after games we don't know what is down to him and what is down to players not being committed.

What is apparent though is it's not our opinion that matters, and as long as he continues to meet the obligations of his contract I cant see us getting rid.

To be fair to McLeish he's probably feeling like he's having to go on the defensive.

Nobody likes to admit they're shit at their job, I bet the majority of us if we had our boss come up to us now and say something we did was below standard we'd instantly think of an excuse (whether or not we'd use it depends on our own moral courage).

With McLeish the difference is it doesn't seem to be his boss that's telling him he's doing shit, it's a load of people he has no formal connection to that in his opinion have little or no knowledge about his job specification and his goals and objectives.

If a load of strangers came up and told me I was doing a shit job I'd probably tell them to do one!

Plus a lot of the stuff he says is accurate, whether you think he should be claiming it in his defence or not. The side is weaker than it was last year, we do have injuries to some key players (look at our bench for the Chelsea game!!) those of us that were realistic at the start of the season knew this campaign would be a struggle.

Whilst it's easy for us to sit here and criticise the tactic, the style of play, the performances, none of us are at the training ground everyday, none of us are in the dressing room before, during and after games we don't know what is down to him and what is down to players not being committed.

What is apparent though is it's not our opinion that matters, and as long as he continues to meet the obligations of his contract I cant see us getting rid.

Nice balanced post Sir, swimming against a frenzied tide of negative panic and vitriol. :thumb:

If it is true that Mcleish has been criticising the quality of the squad on sky sports news, that is scandalous. He needs to look in the mirror, and realise he is to blame for the current mess. Admittedly the playing staff is not great, but with a decent manager in charge I believe we would probably have about 7-9 more points.

Admittedly the playing staff is not great, but with a decent manager in charge I believe we would probably have about 7-9 more pints.

We should have appointed Bryan Robson then!

:cheers::mrgreen:

Admittedly the playing staff is not great, but with a decent manager in charge I believe we would probably have about 7-9 more pints.

We should have appointed Bryan Robson then!

:cheers::mrgreen:

I edited that before you quoted it.

Â