The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I bet McLeish is shitting himself at the moment. If he were to lead two Midlands clubs to two consecutive relegations, his CV isn't going to look too clever, and I bet there aren't many owners who are as dense as Lerner and employ him again.

his cv looked shit before we appointed him

relegated with hibs

took motherwell from 2nd into 2 relegation battles

3rd with rangers

longest ever winless streak with rangers in spl

longest ever losing streak in old frim derbies

relegated with birmingham twice

That is just such a stupidly distorted summary of his career, I really don't know why people bother to post stuff like this.
Problem is, even when you add in his successes it still makes for horrible reading.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet McLeish is shitting himself at the moment. If he were to lead two Midlands clubs to two consecutive relegations, his CV isn't going to look too clever, and I bet there aren't many owners who are as dense as Lerner and employ him again.
Dont think he cares less. The 4 or 5 M payout he'd get from us would help and clowns like him always find another job

I dont think he will be sacked tbh.

If we go down, everything is going to point to the squad he currently has available for the run in.

Absolutely no question we shouldnt be in this position but I dont think anyone can argue that with Bent, Dunne, Nzogbia and Petrov available we would pick up enough points. I just dont see Randy seeing it like we do.

Having caught up with the last few pages I find it laughable that all of a sudden we have no quality, that we are shit.

We are not and there is no way that the likes of Norwich, Fulham and West Brom are better than us. I would even argue that Newcastle are not that much better. The point everyone appears to be missing is atmosphere and impetus. If there is a positive attitude amongst the staff, the players and the club in general then everyone is geared to winning.

The next thing is impetus, winning is a habit. The more you win the better you get, I genuinely believe that. Everything comes off, the tricks and cheeky backheels happen. The atmosphere generates the impetus, by encouraging players to go and play and try these things results come and impetus is gained. It doesnt take a philosopher to work this out.

The problem is, that losing is a habit too and when it happens fear takes over. Everyone resorts to keeping things to basics, nobody wants to make a mistake or take a gamble. Everyone is concious of their responsibilities and rigidly adheres to team orders. When this happens all fluidity goes out the window, play becomes predictable and results get worse. The atmosphere now generated is one of fear.

How do you then get out of this dire situation, simple, you do what Spurs did a few years ago and Sunderland did earlier this season, you make a significant change. The right appointment breathes new life into the club and you take a few steps toward recovery. They have to be baby steps, but you start off with a positive atmosphere and follow the steps in the original paragraph.

That is whats needed, if it doesnt happen, I fear for the club.

relegated with hibs

3rd with rangers

That is just such a stupidly distorted summary of his career, I really don't know why people bother to post stuff like this.
Problem is, even when you add in his successes it still makes for horrible reading.
In that case it would be easier just to tell the truth, wouldn't it, rather than sift stuff out to make it a lie?

relegated with hibs

3rd with rangers

In that case it would be easier just to tell the truth, wouldn't it, rather than sift stuff out to make it a lie?
To be fair there are no lies there, merely omissions.

If there was a choice between getting relegated but then McLeish being sacked and us getting an exciting youngish manager in or staying in the Premiership but with McLeish, which would it be?
]

Staying up without a doubt. Imagine the embarrassment of going down. And there's no guarantee we'd make it straight back up.

AVB was youngish and exciting when he joined Chelsea and it didn't do them much good (I realise Abramovich is the problem).

The gap between the Premier League and the Chumpionship widens every year so relegation is unthinkable.

Stay up or go down, he needs to go. The club are losing fans by the week. 34k for Chelsea? Shocking, even given the support for Stan. McLeish is losing the fans, not just the austerity cuts or fuel crisis.

Randy could bring the whole thing back on line in one fell swoop, just sack the knob and appoint someone else. Lambert will do nicely and I'm sure would jump at the chance.

Is 34k really that bad? Seems okay to me...

It would be interesting to see what the previous season's attendances have been. Even when the game was on the telly (2-0/2-1 win, Collins and Dunne scored?), there were far more fans than on Saturday.

I cannot help feeling that the fans are giving up. Randy has to act to bring the fans back.

Â