The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Regardless of the strength of the squad, the question the media should be throwing at McLeish is 'Have you got the best out of the squad you have had at your disposal?'. I don't think he could answer 'yes' honestly.

We lost good players but McLeish seems to have taken 'transitional season' as meaning that decline is acceptable and expected - and that attitude comes out in the way we've played. Transition implies some plan for progression. This season has given little evidence of one.

Exactly, spot on. That's the point I was trying to make on the previous page. The comparison to last season's squad is moot, we should simply be better than we are.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His comment after the Arsenal Game about no one expecting us to go to the emirates and win shows exactly the make up of McCleish's mind.

He is like a polar opposite of ONeil, where ONeil inspired the players to go out and perform above and beyond while McCleish puts the fear of the opposition into the players.

I can't remember the morale of club and fans so low as this.

His comment after the Arsenal Game about no one expecting us to go to the emirates and win shows exactly the make up of McCleish's mind.

Exactly. To my mind he disqualified himself as a fit manager of the club with thoise remarks - and he had said something similar after the home defeat to Man C.

If he communicates that feeling to the players no wonder we are struggling.

It's too late to sack McLeish this season. Our only hope is that Lerner sacks him when the season is over.

Cant understand why it would be too late?? Probably in the sense that it would be difficult, to get another manager in and try and fix the mess, McLeish has brought us in. But I would rather another manager came in and tried to win a couple of games, instead of trying to scrape a couple of 0-0 games home.

Only 7 games left, I beleive we could get a better manager if we wait until and summer and get someone good in. Any manager appointed now would either be a caretaker or panic appointment. I want Mcleish out but lets let him have the final 7 games.

We thought that about last summer :lol:

But I do agree that there's no point replacing him at this stage of the season. He has to see this mess through and then hopefully will resign/be sacked following the last day of the season (whether or not we stay up).

I think if Randy had to pick a manager again, I dont think he would get the decision horribly wrong for a 3rd time. But the fact is Mcleish is here to stay for the forseeable future.

I would sack him and put K-Mac in charge for the last 7 games because:

1. We would at least start approaching games in a more positive manner, and I believe that if we do that then the points are there to be won, even with a less experienced manager.

2. It would shake the players up a bit, and hopefully make them fight for their future.

I don't think doing this could make things any worse, but it could make things better.

Since Bolton and Wigan have just managed it, us and QPR are now the only clubs who haven't managed to win 2 in a row this season.

Even worse, we haven't managed at any point this season to win 2 out of 3 consecutive league matches (QPR have just managed this in their last 3).

It's as if every time we get a win, we've got our quota for the month and draws are the best we can try for in the next couple of matches.

Aug: 1 win/3 matches

Sep: 0/3

Oct: 1/4

Nov: 1/3

Dec: 2/6

Jan: 1/3

Feb: 0/4

Mar: 1/4

It's too late to sack McLeish this season. Our only hope is that Lerner sacks him when the season is over.

Cant understand why it would be too late?? Probably in the sense that it would be difficult, to get another manager in and try and fix the mess, McLeish has brought us in. But I would rather another manager came in and tried to win a couple of games, instead of trying to scrape a couple of 0-0 games home.

Only 7 games left, I beleive we could get a better manager if we wait until and summer and get someone good in. Any manager appointed now would either be a caretaker or panic appointment. I want Mcleish out but lets let him have the final 7 games.

I agree, the point at which to get rid of him was January. I doubt there are many managers who would take a role for just seven games with no guarantee of the job full time. Mind you give the speed at which it takes us to appoint managers the season will be over anyway.

Were we to be relegated McLeish's position would be simply untenable but I'm also firmly of the opinion that our incompetent owner would probably keep him on.

Since Bolton and Wigan have just managed it, us and QPR are now the only clubs who haven't managed to win 2 in a row this season.

Even worse, we haven't managed at any point this season to win 2 out of 3 consecutive league matches (QPR have just managed this in their last 3).

It's as if every time we get a win, we've got our quota for the month and draws are the best we can try for in the next couple of matches.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

When you put the statistics like that, it makes it look worse then when you just see the normal league table. Just not good enough.

I think we are basically ****. That's the conclusion I'm drawing from this mess.

Is that you Sherlock?

Excellent work there. That's kind of the point I was making.

I would sack him and put K-Mac in charge for the last 7 games because:

1. We would at least start approaching games in a more positive manner, and I believe that if we do that then the points are there to be won, even with a less experienced manager.

2. It would shake the players up a bit, and hopefully make them fight for their future.

I don't think doing this could make things any worse, but it could make things better.

Except as my lovely chart points out Kmac has a worse record than Mcleish....

www.tinyurl.com/avfcpremcomparison

Whilst that is indeed shit you do also need to look at the flip side of it.

Aug: 0 defeats/3matches

Oct: 2/4

Dec: 3/6

Feb: 2/4

Mar: 2/4

We have also never lost more than 2 on the trot.

What it does say is that between these two sets of figures McLeish loves a draw.

Â