The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't the Browns not very good?

waste of time in my opinion.

Perhaps at the next match we will be encouraged to chant DEEEFENCE DEEEFENCE while quarterback Collins attempts to hit receiver Bent for a record low of receptions while our special team look on from the bench.

TOUCHDOWN VILLA

What a pointless exercise, McLeish going to visit the coach of the Browns? One useless coach going to have a chat with another useless coach about how shit their respective sides are. Typical OS spin.

Surely his time would be better spent preparing a new CB partnership and defence for next weeks relegation 6 pointer???

Or perhaps as he is the manager he can leave instructions with his coaching staff and entrust them to do the work on the training pitch while he's away?

I assume the meeting where they 'share good practise' will be dramatically short.

"Soooo....got any good practises?"

"no... I thought you were going to tell me some good practises?!"

"Oh.... well this is awkward"

Surely his time would be better spent preparing a new CB partnership and defence for next weeks relegation 6 pointer???

Or perhaps as he is the manager he can leave instructions with his coaching staff and entrust them to do the work on the training pitch while he's away?

He's taken his assistant and fitness coach with him!

Didn't know the players had all been given 3 days off though...

Pointless exercise, which the club probably thought would be good PR...

Are you actually being serious about Faulkner visiting The Browns ? Surely not ??????

Good god what is the guy from Cleveland Browns going to know about tactics or anything to do with football ?

TBH heres a bold statement Faulkner why dont you follow McLeish out the door and Lerner why dont you sell up as you have proven your inept at making a decent appointment after the last 2 clowns that you hired :P

He's taken his assistant and fitness coach with him!

Didn't know the players had all been given 3 days off though...

Pointless exercise, which the club probably thought would be good PR...

Haha, I didn't realise that :)

Perhaps I should read the article before replying :D

haha what a sick joke

love the quote from Faulkner on the OS "Most managers would take a break to relax. Not Alex. He's working hard to push Villa forward".

Piss off you bunch of amateurs

I'd probably ask why the hell they are not on the training ground with McLeish.

why the hell are they having 3 days off? is this usual practise?

Pointless.

Because we don't play for another 10 days which in itself isn't usual practice. I see benefits in trying to share approaches to sport management. Whatever about the Browns' playing personnel, Holmgren knows his stuff and anything that McLeish can learn from him can only be a good thing.

Listening to Neville on Sky was quite annoying.. he started by saying McLeish "has done nothing wrong" and that the fact he was at SHA is the reason protests etc is going on.. but then later on during the game he was like "this is too easy for Man City at the moment".. "Villa need to close down quicker and have a bit more attacking intent".. "Villa in possession are poor".

I wonder if he thought the same after the game, I doubt it but he wouldn't say it on air would he.

I agree. What he was saying for most of the game was spot on, it's just that crap at the start that made no sense.

I would rather have DOL as manager than McLeish

Do me a favour.

I respect McLeish as a man as he's never talked Villa down, appears to show respect for the club and the fans, something DOL never did.

Okay he may not be the best manager, but as a bloke he seems genuine and decent.

I really don't know where this perception comes from that he's a nice man.

And what does it matter if he is a nice man or not. He is a shit manager.

You never hear many people who worked under Lord Ron Saunders say what a nice man he was? But the all say what a brilliant manager he was!

The media do seem to have this way of never wanting to upset managers and how would Neville have a clue about McLeish as a manager? He has never played under him!

And why o'why do people think Houllier finished strongly last year? He was ill and no where near the club with MacAllister running the side. Once GMac had realised that the best way to play that team was the MON way i.e. Ash on the wing, Petrov and NRC in the middle then we won the games surprise, surprise.

I know he's a shit manager, I just don't know why people keep on saying he's a nice man.

To be fair even before Houllier was taken ill we'd just won two games on the trot for the first time that season.

The MON way? I take it if "the MON way" didn't work it wouldn't have been called such?

I was agreeing with you regarding the personal attributes of AM I couldn't care less whether he is nice or not.

WoooHoo a 2 game winning streak!!!! I was probably wrong about GMac changing to the same set up as MON I think it was actually Houllier who realised his own idiot tactics and formations were making us lose every week.

To be fair in the main the MON way was play everyone in their strongest position and never change the side. MON was a good manager and I for one wish that Randy hadn't got rid!

Considering that was the first consecutive wins of the season I'd say we were finishing relatively strongly. After that dreadful Wolves game the whole team knuckled down and in the last 8 games we won 4, drew 3 and lost 1.

Since when did MON invent 4-4-2 or playing Young on the wing?

And Randy didn't get rid.

I did not use the words nice, I said respectful (to the club, heritage, fans)

Genuine - wants the job (unlike GED)

I don't know where that perception comes from either.

Also, how did Houllier not want the job?

Â