The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

MM has confirmed Lerner not selling, so the Eck appointment can only be a strategic move to deflect criticism onto manager rather than owner

So you truly think that Randy appointed McLeish with the hope that he would fail just so the fans would direct their animosity towards the manager and not his self? Sorry, not buying it.

Aside from the fact that Lerner couldn't know for sure at the time that McLeish would be a failure (although his track record would strongly suggest he would be), I don't think Randy and the board would be dumb enough to think that the fans wouldn't think they were responsible for appointing him in the first place.

Ridiculous.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still baffled why we didn't go for Woy Hodgson, Great manager I believe he would have done better than McLeish with these players.

He'd only joined WBA a few months previously. He's definitely not the type to jump ship like that. Would have been delighted if he'd had though.

MM has confirmed Lerner not selling...

MM is as 'in the know' as you and I when it comes to that sort of thing.

Amazed he is still believed

I have other sources that say quite the opposite actually.

I'm not a huge fan of Hodgson and he certainly wouldn't be top of my list but I'd definitely take him over McLeish. I'd take almost anyone over McLeish.
Yes I think i am in this boat. I would not consider Oleary though

I'm not a huge fan of Hodgson and he certainly wouldn't be top of my list but I'd definitely take him over McLeish. I'd take almost anyone over McLeish.
Yes I think i am in this boat. I would not consider Oleary though

Oh to hear those dulcit tones and the line "honest bunch of lads". Its a tough call between O'Leary and McLesih for me.

I just want to hope again and I know that I won't get any of that with McTool.

I can't believe people are still going on about 'should he stay or should he go'

He's staying regardless

I think it will take a massive finish to the season for McLeish to save his job.

Houllier was sacked after a really strong finish, despite the fact he needed paying off, and he had much more support from the fans than McLeish currently has. He had been given the all clear from his Doctor. His signings were settling well (Makoun excluded admittedly) - yet Lerner still sacked him. He also tried to play positive football with the younger players.

Mcleish really has nothing to fall back on: Attendances down, the media on his back now, the fans on his back, talk of player mutinies, and his signings have not performed. Also the likes of Warnock, who Paul Faulkner said McLeish had brought back to being one of the best LB's in the PL a couple of months ago has now reverted back to being utterly useless.

If Lerner is twice as patient with McLeish than he was with Houllier then he'll still sack him this summer based on the above.

Houllier was sacked after a really strong finish, despite the fact he needed paying off, and he had much more support from the fans than McLeish currently has.

As I recall it GH had heart problems and was sdvised he could not continue in the role

Houllier would definitely stayed as manager if it wasnt for his health scare...I've just got a terrible feeling that they will stick with McLeish no matter what

I dont understand why people think that they would be looking to get rid of the manager.

1.They knew he would be unpopular and it would affect attendances

2. Hes spent -20m net.

3. Hes slowly lowering the wage bill.

4. He is utilising his squad and given chances to all of the promising youth players.

5. Hes on target to finish somewhere between about 8th and 13th/14th.

Im not a fan but it strikes me as he is doing what he has been bought in to do. We wont see rid of this manager while Randy Lerner is in charge unless he starts investing again.

the media on his back now
Really? Last time I checked they were still sucking his cock as they have been all season.

The media are rocket polishers. All they've been looking at is our league position and highlights on MoTD.

1.They knew he would be unpopular and it would affect attendances

2. Hes spent -20m net.

3. Hes slowly lowering the wage bill.

4. He is utilising his squad and given chances to all of the promising youth players.

5. Hes on target to finish somewhere between about 8th and 13th/14th.

Just put an update here.

1.They knew he would be unpopular and it would affect attendances - they got that right.

2. Hes spent -20m net. - only Given and possibly N'Zogbia likely to prove useful

3. Hes slowly lowering the wage bill. - very slowly

4. He is utilising his squad and given chances to all of the promising youth players. - and failing to get decent results in the process

5. Hes on target to finish somewhere between about 8th and 13th/14th. - he's definitely on target to finish somewhere but between 8th and 13th/14th is debatable

Â