The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I agree with you entirely, Randy does not. Another reason for me to believe that at best he is out of touch and at worst he just doesn't give a shit

I just hope he rediscovers his mojo soon as he's sadly destroying all he's done for the club during his reign as owner. Years to build, seconds to dismantle!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't get 3 points against Wigan then I expect the restlessness to go up a notch among the Villa faithful. The fact I'm even nervous going into a game against bottom of the league tells me something about the confidence I have in the team and, by extension, in McLeish. He needs to do the biz in 10 days time, no excuses accepted. Whatever about the next 4 games, the next 1 game is vital :?

So what will it take??? Relegation? Talk about shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted!!!!

I'll state again that he won't be sacked if we're relegated this season IMO. If we're relegated next season I could see him finally getting the boot.

If we don't get 3 points against Wigan then I expect the restlessness to go up a notch among the Villa faithful. The fact I'm even nervous going into a game against bottom of the league tells me something about the confidence I have in the team and, by extension, in McLeish. He needs to do the biz in 10 days time, no excuses accepted. Whatever about the next 4 games, the next 1 game is vital :?

Let's face it, Brian, Villa's away records has not been bad so I am opti about the Wigan match, especially as Robbie will be playing (I think!).

It may well be Villa's away form that saves Villa from having to scrap it out.

Looking at it objectively, he was right not to be swayed by a protest. He had/has to be allowed to run his club as he sees fit. However, he should never be too proud to acknowledge that events from that point until now mean a re-think might be in order. That is assuming McLeish hasn't delivered on whatever that remit was.

To be honest when our fans think this:

aston-villa-fans-protest-over-appointment-of-alex-mcleish-as-manager-631513418.jpg

Before the man is even hired then as an owner you have to question the appointment. Nothing to do with the club he came from. Our fans just knew what he would bring. Surely Randy and his 'footballing' advisors knew it would be a disaster.

Interesting thing about that picture, is the banner on the left..... "Once Scum - Always Scum" and "SOTC" Funny how the hatred of McLeish has nothing to do with his time at the Blues now though does it?

aston-villa-protest-pictures-image-3-66819188.jpg

shake_head_by_fire_kitty_666-d4id8eg.gif

Looking at it objectively, he was right not to be swayed by a protest.
Does that also apply to the decision not to approach Mcalren by the way which we were led to believe he took based on fan opinion?

On the second bit I very much feel Mcleish is delivering against the plan, another reason for me why lerner has to go as if this is the plan god help us

I agree. If McLeish is delivering to some remit then that ain't good. Sadly we'll never know the full details of it. Our only signs will be if and when he is gone - or we shoot up the table. And yes if the decision to avoid McClaren was made on fan opinion then he was wrong to do that. Even if we're happy that we didn't end up with him. I don't believe it's healthy for a fanbase to be able to overtly steer the direction of a club given that we see so many differing opinions on how to run the club on this messageboard alone; which I would say is a fair cross section of Villan opinion.

Looking at it objectively, he was right not to be swayed by a protest.
Does that also apply to the decision not to approach Mcalren by the way which we were led to believe he took based on fan opinion?

On the second bit I very much feel Mcleish is delivering against the plan, another reason for me why lerner has to go as if this is the plan god help us

Well said.

If McLaren was not appointed due to fear of a potential fan backlash then why oh why did he give the job to McLeish who was always going to get an even worse backlash than McLaren????

Doesn't make any sense.

I think in reality he probably said enough is enough after we'd steered him away from McClaren. When it looked like we were going to try and steer him from McLeish too he probably rightly made the decision that he couldn't keep bowing to our demands. It doesn't make what he did with McClaren the right thing and it does show an inconsistency but at least it showed that he learned quickly enough. Yes in hindsight we think he made the wrong decision but at least he made a decision, wasn't swayed by public opinion and stuck to his guns.

I don't believe it's healthy for a fanbase to be able to overtly steer the direction of a club given that we see so many differing opinions on how to run the club on this messageboard alone; which I would say is a fair cross section of Villan opinion.
Does this opinion also apply to the protests against Ellis in the 80s and 90s? Or is it right in some cases and not others ?

Protesting for the removal of the chairman i.e the man making the decisions is not the same as asking the chairman to merely change his decisions while remaining in charge. They are 2 different scenarios. One is seeking a new club owner, which a fan should always have the right to do. The other is asking him to change his mind, which I don't think is healthy.

Well 3 home wins - Blackburn, Wigan and Norwich - 3 away wins Bolton, Wolves and Chelsea

Well, yes, if you want to be deeply analytical, Denis! ;-)

However, Villa's away wins have come more recently and Villa have lost fewer away.

Protesting for the removal of the chairman i.e the man making the decisions is not the same as asking the chairman to merely change his decisions while remaining in charge. They are 2 different scenarios. One is seeking a new club owner, which a fan should always have the right to do. The other is asking him to change his mind, which I don't think is healthy.
Not sure I get the logic there that says you cannot protest against the manager being here but you can protest against the owner being here, but hey ho

To be honest when our fans think this:

aston-villa-fans-protest-over-appointment-of-alex-mcleish-as-manager-631513418.jpg

Before the man is even hired then as an owner you have to question the appointment. Nothing to do with the club he came from. Our fans just knew what he would bring. Surely Randy and his 'footballing' advisors knew it would be a disaster.

Interesting thing about that picture, is the banner on the left..... "Once Scum - Always Scum" and "SOTC" Funny how the hatred of McLeish has nothing to do with his time at the Blues now though does it?

aston-villa-protest-pictures-image-3-66819188.jpg

shake_head_by_fire_kitty_666-d4id8eg.gif

One banner. That's it. You're deluded if you think the fact that he came from SHA was a factor in anymore than a few people's opposition towards him.

Â