The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to find a player similar to milner.

Or rather we need to let him learn the Premier League ;)

yeah good point, hes got the potential to be better i think anyway. If we are talkin about the same player ;)

Oh I'd say we probably are :nod:

We need to find a player similar to milner.

Or rather we need to let him learn the Premier League ;)

yeah good point, hes got the potential to be better i think anyway. If we are talkin about the same player ;)

Oh I'd say we probably are :nod:

I just hope AM doesn't manage to destroy his wonderful potential, because he could be a very promising player for Villa, and I believe future captain.

I seem to remember O'Neill's first season as being something we had to get out of the way so we could start spending money on people like Wesley Schneijder and Miguel the next summer. That season was full of excitement and hope rather than negativity. Then we signed Marlon and we all had to re-adjust to realise that MON's targets were rarely particularly exciting, exotic, or interesting.

There's none of the excitment and hope this time around - even after McLeish said about spending money this summer. I think everyone's panicking about who he'll waste it on...

I have to admit that last year I felt that once Houllier had a summer to get rid of the ones who were going against his policies and tactics we'd see the best of him as a manager. His transfer targets were also a bit more interesting - at least they were people we'd never heard of like Fofana etc.

If we lose the next four games then what?

Deep in the relegation mire, a manager who's record in relegation battles is there for all to see and at odds with our most influencial players.

Randy should have sacked him before the next four games to allow a new manager to come in and instill some confidence in the players.

If we lose the next four games then what?

Deep in the relegation mire, a manager who's record in relegation battles is there for all to see and at odds with our most influencial players.

Randy should have sacked him before the next four games to allow a new manager to come in and instill some confidence in the players.

If we lose 2 of the next 4, which is more likely, I think we are still in the shit.

When you look at the run of games after Fulham to the end of the season it really does fill me with dread.

The games are tough enough, but factor in the fear and pressure of being down with the dead men and it looks very precarious.

The key, simple as it sounds, is to pick up points quickly. Win at Wigan and that's a massive 3 points. Lose and not only do we look in more danger mathematically, but morale drops and the next match is even more difficult still, especially against a Blackburn side who have decent attacking instincts when they are in the mood. Lose that as well and you're piling pressure on pressure, more articles being written about our plight, protests, abuse for Eck, player morale shot...it starts to look more and more difficult to see where each point is coming from. That's how 'big' clubs get sucked into relegation battles.

Perhaps we give him the next 4 games then decide ?

Can't really see anything happening in the next 4 games that is going to make me think Mcleish is going to build something good here.

I've already seen enough to show me he won't.

Agreed. McLeish has proven time and time again that he'll always revert back to the same negative style. That's his way and he's never going to change.

Perhaps we give him the next 4 games then decide ?

Can't really see anything happening in the next 4 games that is going to make me think Mcleish is going to build something good here.

I've already seen enough to show me he won't.

Agree, I was thinking more along the lines of him seeing the season out, keeping us up and then stepping down

My real concern is that Faulkner / Lerner will balls up the next appointment too

They've already had 2 go's at this and been horribly wrong each time

Alex McLeish SACKED !!!!

....... Are the words I'm waiting to hear !

As I was scrolling down I saw your first sentence and got excited. Even though I think he should stay until the end of the season, I wouldnt mind if he buggers off now to be honest.

I'm not so sure they were horribly wrong the first time. You could see their thinking with Houllier and although it didn't work out I thought it was a good appointment at the time given the circumstances. Problem is Houllier's reign here was ended rather abruptly as things were starting to approve.

McLeish's appointment made no sense. The only explanation for it is that Randy is selling the club.

McLeish's appointment made no sense. The only explanation for it is that Randy is selling the club.

Or that McLeish was the only manager who fulfilled the "must have Premier League experience" requirement who would take the job under the restrictions Lerner and co. specified.

Well that's the best I can come up with. It really was a baffling decision and I really would like to see Lerner come out with a proper answer.

MM has confirmed Lerner not selling, so the Eck appointment can only be a strategic move to deflect criticism onto manager rather than owner
MM's word isn't gospel you know. He was adamant McLeish wouldn't be appointed...

To be honest I doubt many people at the club know whether Randy wants to sell anyway.

Â