The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it took GED 2 months to make his mind up

Then the whole vibe he gave off stank. Like you're lucky to have me

Calling us a 9-12th placed club at his 1st press conference

What a prick

I think 9th - 12th was probably about right to be honest. What I would give at the moment to be a 9th - 12th club :lol:

Well it took GED 2 months to make his mind up

Then the whole vibe he gave off stank. Like you're lucky to have me

Calling us a 9-12th placed club at his 1st press conference

What a prick

It didn't take 2 months for him to make his mind up. The board took ages to find a new manager. When they finally got Houllier the French FA said he had to stay on for another couple of weeks.

What vibe exactly?

I honestly think if he didn't want to be here he never would've taken the job. He had a cushy job with the French FA before he came here.

haha what a sick joke

love the quote from Faulkner on the OS "Most managers would take a break to relax. Not Alex. He's working hard to push Villa forward".

Piss off you bunch of amateurs

I love that quote from Faulkner, gosh we're lucky to have such a visionary and hard working manager. I think it's an excellent idea, and I intend to follow a similar path, so next week I'm off to discuss running a successful bank with Fred Goodwin, and the week after that the art of relaxing in the bath with Whitney Houston.

haha what a sick joke

love the quote from Faulkner on the OS "Most managers would take a break to relax. Not Alex. He's working hard to push Villa forward".

Piss off you bunch of amateurs

I love that quote from Faulkner, gosh we're lucky to have such a visionary and hard working manager. I think it's an excellent idea, and I intend to follow a similar path, so next week I'm off to discuss running a successful bank with Fred Goodwin, and the week after that the art of relaxing in the bath with Whitney Houston.

Is that quote from Faulkner for real?

We should have started to look at up and coming managers the minute MON walked out.

We needed a new fresh approach that didn't rely 100% on spending ridiculous amounts. The appointment of houllier was ridiculous and to follow that up with Mcleish is truly mind blowing.

absolutely laughable that anyones turning this into a negative.

Personally I find it hilarious that they're trying to turn it into a positive. One unsuccessful manager wasting three days flying thousands of miles to talk to the unsuccessful coach of a completely different sport.

absolutely laughable that anyones turning this into a negative.

Personally I find it hilarious that they're trying to turn it into a positive. One unsuccessful manager wasting three days flying thousands of miles to talk to the unsuccessful coach of a completely different sport.

I'm not even ardently anti-McLeish, but I agree with Risso: what relevance does this have to helping us? Maybe they're exchanging ideas in how to woo Randy for cash, which I guess is good, but I don't think that's the basis behind this whole mini-scheme!

It's a bit embarrassing.

What a pointless exercise, McLeish going to visit the coach of the Browns? One useless coach going to have a chat with another useless coach about how shit their respective sides are. Typical OS spin.

havnt read the last few pages so dont know if this point has been raised, put the wording in that article seems to be a backhand way of saying

"theres no point protesting, the manager aint going anywhere"

I fail to see how it is pointless or a waste of time.

the article states that they are going to share insight on player scouting, training, and other elements of running a club that are common to all sports, and the NFL is probably the gold standard in the use of technology, data, and advanced medical practices regardless of the actual results of any given team, and the Browns have state of the art facilities. And the business sides sharing best practices is surely a good thing as well, as both the PL and the NFL are incredible global brands.

Furthermore, the GM of the Browns (reports to Holmgren) probably has a lot of insight on how to value players/positions vs. wages as the NFL has a salary cap that must be managed to.

Obviously they aren't going to talk about specific tactics of either sport, but perspectives on man management, preparation, use of video, etc. could be beneficial to both sides. I think it would actually be criminal if Aston Villa and the Browns did NOT take advantage of each others resources.

havnt read the last few pages so dont know if this point has been raised, put the wording in that article seems to be a backhand way of saying

"theres no point protesting, the manager aint going anywhere"

I think you are spot on. McLeish is going nowhere. Certainly not in the short - medium term.

I found that this section of the article certainly was very much PR to give off that impression:

Chief executive Paul Faulkner said: "'When the fixture schedule allows for a break, such as this upcoming weekend, some managers may take time off to refresh ahead of the busy run to follow.

"Not for Alex. He is keen to do everything he can to push Villa forward.

"Alex is always looking for any advantage he can get and he felt this was an ideal opportunity to exchange ideas with his American counterparts at the Browns."

The visit at the suggestion of Lerner underlines the close relationship McLeish has developed with the chairman since taking over as boss in June 2011.

The pair either phone or email each other each day and also enjoy a close relationship when the chairman is over in the UK, which he has been regularly over the past few months.

Official Site

Â