The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Want him to crack some jokes?

Actually, the word doing the rounds is that Eck had worked up a Three Stooges routine with Arteta, but the moody Spaniard didn't want to have his eyes poked at and wussed out.

I think I'd rather get shafted than come

OohMatron.jpg

:lol:

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I don't like him and this is another opportunity to have a pop at our new manager - so let's just get that out of the way at the start.

How dull and uninspiring was the guy last night. He really seemed to lack any passion for football and his nation. The BBC really scored highly with a dynamic panel of McLeish and Arteta. At least the latter is operating in his second language, although I suppose you could say the same for the chilly Jock. Loved the way he got himself into a complete hole over Arteta when he said it showed how good Spain were that he wasn't even in the squad but then went on to say how the 29 yo Arteta was still young enough but tailed away when he realised he was spouting embarrassing BS. Fortunately, they had the ever so witty (NOT) Lawrenson as the co-commentator. I'm so glad my licence fee is being spent wisely!

Maybe explains the dull performances that we have seen to date!

Pathetic post of the week award goes to Mr Boots. Bravo Sir!! Fully deserved. :clap:

Big Eck now copping stick for licence fees.

Superb riposte Gareth. :lol:

Scottish person in dour demeanour shocker. Jesus H Clark, have you ever met one of us before!? I'm only half-Scottish, but like my father I'm as boring as anything, dour, angry and with the tight-fisted attitude to match. .
I knew there was a reason why I always felt an affinity with the Scottish

Scottish person in dour demeanour shocker. Jesus H Clark, have you ever met one of us before!? I'm only half-Scottish, but like my father I'm as boring as anything, dour, angry and with the tight-fisted attitude to match. .
I knew there was a reason why I always felt an affinity with the Scottish

:D

I'm glad this thread has been merged into one. I'm sure it will be the source of a good old laugh come the the end of the season.

Its hilarious now. Can see it reaching 100 pages on Saturday night calling for his head

Want him to crack some jokes?

Actually, the word doing the rounds is that Eck had worked up a Three Stooges routine with Arteta, but the moody Spaniard didn't want to have his eyes poked at and wussed out.

I think I'd rather get shafted than come

OohMatron.jpg

:crylaugh:

Im 100% sure some on this thread want us to lose, just so they can beat their chest and shout "i told you so".

worst part is its away to City and will probably lose by the odd goal or 2. Nothing shameful and will be uproar

Ive already said i dont mind us losing to Man City i cannot see us getting anything from the game but its the manner of defeat i want us to go there and give it a go and try to play good football along the ground and make the best use of our players not hoofball like in the first half against QPR with the ball constantly going over the players heads.

Im 100% sure some on this thread want us to lose, just so they can beat their chest and shout "i told you so".

I'd like to think the above isn't true and it is only the impression that some posters give.

Sadly im sure it is true.

try to play good football along the ground and make the best use of our players not hoofball like in the first half against QPR with the ball constantly going over the players heads.

And think that's more a symptom of the players rather than the manager. Lets be honest our defenders as brave as they are have always been a bit kicky once of the business of defending has been done.

I cant comment on the Wigan game, but what I saw in the QPR game was a midfield that was unable at any point in the 1st half and for periods of the 2nd to impose themselves on the game and take control of the ball.

As a defender when you're seeing your midfield having their arses handed to them in the middle of the park it makes it a lot more diffuclut to play the ball through them with confidence, especially when you feel more comfortable playing a longer ball into the channels.

It's hard to say how much of it is down to AMc though. Yes N'Zogbia has been guilty of giving the ball away but at least AMc had the bottle to drop him last game. But I'm struggling to see what options he has when it comes to personnel and that certainly isn't his fault.

So whilst I accept people simply dont like the guy, I cant really see much he's done wrong since taking the job on.

We're about 4 points down on where we should have been in my view - 4 3 0 would look a lot more convincing than 2 5 0 and we really should have been able to turn a couple of those draws into wins.

Not great, but hardly a hanging offence, and capable of being rectified as the season goes on.

And if we do beat Man City it'll be because it was a) lucky or B) against a weakened City side

Or because the players chose to ignore AMcL's negative boring tactics and came up with their own.

:lol: As ridiculous as this sounds, this sort of reasoning was actually used after the QPR game :shock: .

Â