The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather play boring football and win 1-0 every week than play all out attack and get done 3-0 on the counter!!

Come on people we are unbeaten in the league, looking good as well. Defence is together this year unlike last, midfield is doing ok, we do need more strength in there though I think, but give the young lads time and they will be quality. We know we have Bent who is a profound goalscorer, and Gabby seems to be back to his best as AM knows what he can do to teams, I mean he's done it to Blues enough!!

Just think we could be in a lot worse state than what we are now, Mclaren has jumped ship, Jol has not got the dressing room, Martinez struggling, ok they are a poor side, but so were swansea when he went there, Coyle - well just look at the league table and performances, but more to the point look at who they have played. Bolton are not a bad side on paper, and he will turn it round.

Lets back AM and the team, personally I think he is doing well. UTV

We've tried the all out attack style and almost got relegated last season because of it. If Negative football mean winning, then bring on all the hoooooooooooooooooooooof I can take.

Errrmm...we really really didn't you know. All out attack under Houllier? Not a chance. He tried to play tippy-tappy football, absolutely, but that comes in many different forms. Houllier's version of it has always tended towards the defensive. See a lot of Italian football for further examples of the defensive minded passing game.

As regards the here and now, it's not either/or for me. Yes, I'd like to win more, but I won't suffer any style of football to achieve that. MON was just about my limit when it comes to hoofball because he won a fair amount and we did have some exciting, pacy attacks to set against the more mundane performances.

As regards the here and now, it's not either/or for me. Yes, I'd like to win more, but I won't suffer any style of football to achieve that. MON was just about my limit when it comes to hoofball because he won a fair amount and we did have some exciting, pacy attacks to set against the more mundane performances.

I'm with you in many respects. The perfect example of this, for me, is how many of us would tolerate watching Stoke for the last few seasons. Getting where they want to get to but, my god, is their football boring to watch in my experience.

Our football is less boring than Stokes. There's quite simply IS kick it to the lanky streak of piss. Look at the inventive shots Gabby attempts. We're not amazing to watch, but we're not boring. IMO.

Will people stop saying, "yeah but we were playing qpr, wigan"? imo that is a completely stupid and redundant comment to make, seriously. Man utd struggled to beat norwich at home on saturday, in fact they shouldve lost. So are they gonna have a bad season? Seriously some people talk utter bollocks, every 90 minutes is completely different, a draw at QPR away is a bloody good result. As for saying they lost 6-0 yesterday, fulham away where we got a 0-0 draw and couldve won, so by that logic we must be title challengers. Never heard so much rubbish in my life! Big Eck is aston villa manager, we are unbeaten! Deal with it and enjoy it. WE ARE NOT BARCELONA.

I'd rather be looking for positives about a win on Saturday and remaining unbeaten than anything else for now. We can cross Manure and Citeh when we come to them. As for Spurs they really aren't that good.

Well we are playing Man City away in the next game, so let's talk in two weeks. I am pretty sure we are going to get hammered bigtime if we play to our usual standards and they do the same. Thinking 65% possession for them at least, and max. 1 shot from our side. As for Spurs... well fine, but I do not think any of our players would get into their team. Not even Darren Bent, who was shafted from their squad entirely! (and this was not a pontless invitation to mention that Gabby is in form and is better than Defoe...)

To be fair, I'm confidents Ecks Villa will put up a better show at City than the embarassment of last year. Yeah we will probably lose, but it won't be without a fight against a ridiculously costly side who will have over 100m on the bench alone

Away team loses at City and concedes more than two goals, shock. Man City is a team that cost hundreds of millions, whilst I agree we will put up a fight if we did get turned over its little to do with McLeish. Its likley most teams will get a thumping there.

I'd rather be looking for positives about a win on Saturday and remaining unbeaten than anything else for now. We can cross Manure and Citeh when we come to them. As for Spurs they really aren't that good.

Well we are playing Man City away in the next game, so let's talk in two weeks. I am pretty sure we are going to get hammered bigtime if we play to our usual standards and they do the same. Thinking 65% possession for them at least, and max. 1 shot from our side. As for Spurs... well fine, but I do not think any of our players would get into their team. Not even Darren Bent, who was shafted from their squad entirely! (and this was not a pontless invitation to mention that Gabby is in form and is better than Defoe...)

How many throw ins are we going to win?

Bent is better than Defoe even if Gabby isn't. And Given is better than Friedel. On form Richard Dunne might get in for them as well. No-one else though, sure. Spurs are strong this year, their starting line-up was significantly better than Arsenal's at the weekend and it showed.

Thinking 65% possession for them at least, and max. 1 shot from our side

I assume you havent seen Villa play this season if we get 1 max shot considering we have scored 2 goals or more 3 times in our 7 league games so far this season

I'd hope we set up negatively next week myself, only realistic way of nicking a result. I have moans about being dominated by Newcastle at home or being made to look like a league 2 side vs QPR in the first half but away at Man City, I'm not too bothered in how we approach it. There will be better teams that go to Man City and be out played.

Â