The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well international week could really work to our advantage as Aguero, Dzeko, Nasri and Silva could be worn out from their travels.

Our players will be travelling too though, although not as many. might not be a bad time to play them...as good a time as any I suppose.

£10 to VT if Petrov doesn't end up on a stretcher chasing Silva and Nasri around.

Gabby should be important at Man City, his pace should win us some territory, he's really stepped up with Downing and Young gone.

You watch, Gabby is really this good again, a Sky 5 club will no doubt turn his head with the prospect of almost guarenteed Champions League wa*kfesting and England Caps (you came from Villa didn't you? Well have a cap then old bean... bellissimo!).

You can almost smell the vitriol here...

"A source close to Manchester City has revealed that Roberto Mancini will swoop with an audacious bid of £1 for Aston Villa's superstar striker Gabriel Agbonlahor... Mancini faces stiff competition from Arsenal, Manchester United AND Tottenham Hotspur who look set to try and outbid the blue half of Manchester with a prospective cash and player offer. Speculation that Agbonlahor does not want to leave Villa have been pooh poohed and denied by sources close to the player."

As Eric Cartman once said, 'that was just a little joke.'

Sorry.

Sky 5 - step away from our players for a bit. Go and raid some other 'try hard' club. You bastards.

glad to see conversation in this thread is about whether we can nick a point away at city and not about whther we can afford to get rid of mcleish!

was a ridiculous thread title anyway! we'll do well to take a point off city away, it's not beyond us but if we do it won't be pretty to watch!

even if we do lose our unbeaten record there, we are improving and i can see us getting another 11 points on the board in our next 7 or 8 games and being well on track to finishing higher up the table than last year without any relegation panic.

that would mean progress from mcleish, and next summer some big contracts run out and we can invest and go again aiming for europe.

UTV.

Aguero has been ruled out for Argie game, shock horror he will be fit for Villa

He did come off after 20 minutes saturday so might be serious enough. Though maybe its a strange thing but i would prefer the full City team fit just to see where we are at this moment

Aguero has been ruled out for Argie game, shock horror he will be fit for Villa

He did come off after 20 minutes saturday so might be serious enough. Though maybe its a strange thing but i would prefer the full City team fit just to see where we are at this moment

Apparently his twitter page said it was not as bad as first thought or something.

I dont want McLeish to gao anywhere, im happy with him, the players are happy with him and im guessing 75% of the fans are now happy with him.

Dont talk nonsense.

After we lose, either against City or whenever everyone will be moaning again.

The board is shit, McCleish is shit, we're going to get relegated, spend a billion pounds right now etc etc

No probs with Eck...... until he has had financial backing and failed he gets my support
I think he is a very limited manager who will perform at his level. The disappointing thing is that it means so will we, we will never be better than this.

I do not believe he will be backed and I suspect if events changed to allow more financial freedom at the club (ie Lerner goes) then he will be replaced for a manager with greater ability

I dont want McLeish to gao anywhere, im happy with him, the players are happy with him and im guessing 75% of the fans are now happy with him.

Dont talk nonsense.

The board is shit, McCleish is shit, we're going to get relegated, spend a billion pounds right now etc etc

Just to disappoint you, we won on Saturday and I would still rather McLeish took a long walk off a short plank.

I guess some take comfort in mediocrity.

As for the 75% percent of fans thing, I would guess that is plucked from nowhere except conjecture as the feelings on here seem to be more 50/50.

Grinner is right though, as soon as he has a run of poor results against some of the bigger teams, the unbeaten start against the lower table teams will not keep him from the inevitable criticism.

If we draw at City i expect him to get criticism. He is in a no-win situation with some fans and probably 1st Villa manager who i have felt genuinely sorry for as he seems a decent bloke unlike Houllier, MON or DOL

Â