The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Players with talent seem really struggle under him..

Like who?

Albrighton, N'Zogbia, Hleb but other talented players like Gabby, Bannan and perhaps now Ireland seem to be doing better under him. Easy to blame AM for the under performers if you have your own agenda. He's slowly beginning to learn that he has players who can dominate games a little more than he was used to at Blues in my opinion.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Negative football.
Negative posting.

Would it be better if he had written we play exciting attacking football?

Was really reflecting on these two posts made almost one after the other:
AM is not a man manager, his a mud fighter. Players with talent seem really struggle under him. If we'll keep him, we will became Bolton, enough points to do OK, but piss poor game that has no chance of real success.
Negative football.

Really, if you think they represent a rational and balanced view of how we are doing this season, you are as lost in negativity as Mr "Spamm" and I wish you the best of joy together

I'd say Spamm's first point was spot on ... It's why he got the job and you'd have to be a fool to think otherwise really

True his second point doesn't add a lot to the debate but a 2-0 victory over Wigan possibly doesn't disguise that sone of the football has been on the dull side ...

I'd say Spamm's first point was spot on ... It's why he got the job and you'd have to be a fool to think otherwise really

True his second point doesn't add a lot to the debate but a 2-0 victory over Wigan possibly doesn't disguise that sone of the football has been on the dull side ...

Except its not spot on, as we have Nzogbia and Albrighton struggling and many others playing well. Nzogbia is in poor form, which could be down to new club syndrome and Albrighton who hasnt really had an extended run for a while. Previous to that it was mentioned he struggled with Hleb, well he struggled as soon as he left Arsenal. So if its so common knowledge that he struggles with talented players, its funny how not even a handful can be named. So i'd say youd have to be a fool to think he does struggle with these types of players as there is no great evidence to suggest so.

It's so obviously not true, with Gabby, Barry Bannan & Stephen Ireland clearly flourishing under McLeish's management and starting to play good creative football.

The fact you have to resort to calling me a "fool" to support your flawed point says it all, really.

Stephen Ireland clearly flourishing under McLeish's management and starting to play good creative football.

:|

He has done nothing of note to even suggest he is flourishing.. average at best.

(a) I think that counts as a bit of a distorting misquote of what I said

(B) you are not right. Stephen Ireland is playing decent football for us this season. How was he doing last season?

Stephen Ireland clearly flourishing under McLeish's management and starting to play good creative football.

:|

He has done nothing of note to even suggest he is flourishing.. average at best.

Well at least that's an improvement from last season.

The fact you have to resort to calling me a "fool" to support your flawed point says it all, really.

i didn't call you a fool , you called yourself one :winkold:

but tell us ..Why did McLeish get the job then ?

was it his wiliness to work with very little money and and keep us in the division with what he has .. somewhat similar to Bolton

or was it something else ?

You said he is flourishing, I simply took that quote out and picked up on it - i haven't misquoted anything.

(B) you are not right. Stephen Ireland is playing decent football for us this season. How was he doing last season?

Difference between decent football (even that is debatable) and actually flourishing.. if he was firing all cylinders sure I agree.. but a performance like the ones he has put on this season is not flourishing.

You said he is flourishing, I simply took that quote out and picked up on it - i haven't misquoted anything.

Difference between decent football (even that is debatable) and actually flourishing.. if he was firing all cylinders sure I agree.. but a performance like the ones he has put on this season is not flourishing.

I'm guessing you haven't seen him in the last couple of games?

let me try to make this easier.

He is "flourishing" under Mcleish's management in the sense that he is playing for us, is putting in a shift, looks as if he wants to play. None of that was true last season, so it is an improvement.

He is starting to play better football, as you would have seen if you had watched the last couple of games. That again is an improvemnet on last season where, basically, he mostly wasn't playing.

McLeish deserves credit for things that are going better than last season, just as he will no doubt largely be slagged off massively on this site for real and perceived failures of the team.

^^^BTW, the distortion of my point was deselecting mention of Gabby and Barry Bannan, who are uncontrovrsially doing well under Mcleish - Gabby even said as much recently - thus trying to pick off the whole point by focusing on the most contentious bit of the argument.

I'm guessing you haven't seen him in the last couple of games?

I have and I maintain what I said.

let me try to make this easier.

Patronising won't make your point any more valid.

He is "flourishing" under Mcleish's management in the sense that he is playing for us, is putting in a shift, looks as if he wants to play. None of that was true last season, so it is an improvement.

Flourishing because he wants to play for us and is apparently putting in a shift hmm..

A few touches and he apparently is flourishing under this management, he looks no different from last season apart from actually getting the ball passed to him and making completely the wrong decisions every time he gets it.

I think we will be here all night arguing so i'll cut it short and say we both have different opinions on Ireland.

Maybe he will flourish in the future but for now at this stage he isn't pulling any trees and i'll leave it there.

And back to your main point, I agree on Gabby and Bannan.. would be silly to drop any of those two.

Negative football.

Quite possibly, but I am still unsure of what 'negative football' is, and whether we are any more negative, or just a different kind of negative to what we have been in the past.

For instance, McLeish was leaving one up when the opposition had a corner for most of yesterday's match, a 'positive' action that has been missing for several years.

I also smiled at the irony of Wigan's only meaningful attempt near the end of the first half, which came about because we had too many players committed forward.

I continue to watch our central defenders treated as creative playmakers, roles played by Dunne and Collins since they arrived at VP. The only plus side this season is that our goalkeeper is the most technically gifted footballer that we have had in our defence for a very long time.

It strikes me that this start under a different manager might just enjoy near universal approval.

McLeish is going back to basics with us I think. Start getting results and the performances will start to come. The last couple of games we have played some decent stuff at times, it's just a case of sustaining it through a large period of the game.

McLeish is going back to basics with us I think. Start getting results and the performances will start to come. The last couple of games we have played some decent stuff at times, it's just a case of sustaining it through a large period of the game.

Against QPR, they lost 6-0 to Fulham today. And Wigan, perhaps the worst team in the league. So I hope you do understand that our performances have been better because of that simple fact. Come United and Tottenham, etc, we will start to see the real deal.

Against QPR, they lost 6-0 to Fulham today. And Wigan, perhaps the worst team in the league. So I hope you do understand that our performances have been better because of that simple fact. Come United and Tottenham, etc, we will start to see the real deal.

I'd rather be looking for positives about a win on Saturday and remaining unbeaten than anything else for now. We can cross Manure and Citeh when we come to them. As for Spurs they really aren't that good.

Â