The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

To mention McLeish in same sentence as Mourinho is ridiculous - so ridiculous i cant even type anything witty on how silly it is.

It is anti-football and its utter chore to watch hence our attendances.

anti-football teams dont play a striker, winger, 2 attacking midfielders and a attacking full-back :D.

Also if you google Mourinho and mcleish they have been mentioned in many sentences together before ;)

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry i dont understand what your trying to say here? I said we knocked the ball around under Houllier without going anywhere like QPR in 1st half

We knocked the ball around 2nd half and could've been another goal had albrighton made the pass to Weimann who was free.. so i'm not sure what statement your trying to make either.

Hoofing it to Gabby and N'Zogbia's head like we did in the first half got us nowhere either.

yeah again you seem to be going off the topic here for some bizarre reason.

How exactly? I said the first half was awful and hoofing to Gabby and N'Zogbia's head in the first half contributed to it being awful.. whilst you said (bizzarely) it was fine.

The 2nd half was much better than the first because we actually pushed up and tried to play football.

That said we cannot get rid of McLeish because we are stuck with him.

im sorry i dont understand what your trying to say here? I said we knocked the ball around under Houllier without going anywhere like QPR in 1st half

We knocked the ball around 2nd half and could've been another goal had albrighton made the pass to Weimann who was free.. so i'm not sure what statement your trying to make either.

Hoofing it to Gabby and N'Zogbia's head like we did in the first half got us nowhere either.

yeah again you seem to be going off the topic here for some bizarre reason.

How exactly? I said the first half was awful and hoofing to Gabby and N'Zogbia's head in the first half contributed to it being awful.. whilst you said (bizzarely) it was fine.

The 2nd half was much better than the first because we actually pushed up and tried to play football.

That said we cannot get rid of McLeish because we are stuck with him.

no you said QPR played like Barcelona in first half. i said no the played like Gerard Houllier Villa in that they just passed it around and didnt trouble our defence at all

we done that under Houllier and got us nowhere

Because the defence was rubbish, This current manager has sorted the defence hasn't he? so what's the problem?

still unbeaten in Premier League means we are doing ok and last 2 goals we conceded have been very unlucky

In terms of results it's ok.. in terms of performance it's far from OK.

Couple of things -

1. at this stage of the season last year, Blues had 7 points after 6 games and were relegated. So dont tell me all is well. We may not have lost since August 19th - but we haven't won either since August 23rd. The fact is we are on a par with points that relegated teams had at this stage of last season.

2. The defence is sorted is it. It may be throwing itself into last ditch tackles, but I wouldn't call it "sorted".

Blackburn - goal conceded with a guy being unmarked 3 yards out from a cross

Today, a calamity , and could have conceded more through a blatent penalty

Everton, two totally awful goals defensively

And these are against poor sides. Can you imagine what is gonna happen if we dive in against Man U, Man C etc... it will be a cricket score.

We were dealt a very very good hand when the fixtures came out. QPR, Blackburn, Wolves, Fulham, Wigan. Only Everton and Newcastle I would say were games against opposition that I woudl expect not to fight relegation.

We now have 8 points going into Wigan, anything less than 11 points next Sunday, and I honestly think we will be down. After that it will be Man City away - forget that one !

At most we will have 11 points from 8 games - taken on points that will probably get you 12th (but thats not taking in the easier games we have played) at the end

9 points out of 8 - and you are looking 14th-16th by the end

8 and you are looking bottom 4 and twitchy bum time.

I am so deflated over football at the moment, and I am honestly thinking "is this worth getting into moods like this every weekend"

1. at this stage of the season last year, Blues had 7 points after 6 games and were relegated. So dont tell me all is well. We may not have lost since August 19th - but we haven't won either since August 23rd. The fact is we are on a par with points that relegated teams had at this stage of last season.

1st of all we have 8 points ;)

2nd we havent lost since April 30th

no you said QPR played like Barcelona in first half. i said no the played like Gerard Houllier Villa in that they just passed it around and didnt trouble our defence at all

They dominated the first half in terms of possession and knocked it around.. Shay did have to make a save and they had 3 corners within 10 minutes which shows we were under pressure and the defence was obviously troubled so again i'm not sure what your point is.

They could've punished us had they had a clinical streak about them.

The way some are going on we must have been playing Man United at old trafford today

It was QPR and we showed them far to much respect we should have gone for the bollocks straight from the offset but instead we employed the negative anti football tactics of McCrap and tried to scrape a 1 - 0 and failed

I dont care if we had lost 2 - 0 i would rather us go there and have a go and give it our all and try and play good football instead it was the usual boring boring villa

If we continue playing like this all season we will be lucky to stay up.

@ Zatman

I noticed you ommited my comment on how they were singing "boring boring Villa" throughout most of todays game.

Result wise we're doing OK but the football is incredibly negative , one dimensional rubbish like many predicted. I can see us getting a real hammering against a decent side the way we play .

We start every game too deep. The ref helped us out today. That first half was truely **** abysmal.

I can't even laugh at your Mourinho comparisons

I'll just pretend you never typed it.

1st of all we have 8 points ;)

2nd we havent lost since April 30th

We played our best side last week against Bolton and lost like a bunch of kids. I know you are talking about the Premier League, but still!

@ Zatman

I noticed you ommited my comment on how they were singing "boring boring Villa" throughout most of todays game.

Result wise we're doing OK but the football is incredibly negative , one dimensional rubbish like many predicted. I can see us getting a real hammering against a decent side the way we play .

We start every game too deep. The ref helped us out today. That first half was truely **** abysmal.

I can't even laugh at your Mourinho comparisons

I'll just pretend you never typed it.

first of all i never once compared Mourinho to Big Eck just styles of play.

2nd why is the opinion of the opponents fans anything to worry about they werent going to cheer us if we went open attacking football.

I can't see sense in criticising Mcleish - he made the same observations as us after the game in respect of the first half, and seems as annoyed about it, not for the first time.

He got a reaction 2nd half which is at least part of his job, and I thought we played some fair stuff for a bit then.

I'm no expert but it seems to me he is dealing with a Shell Shocked Team - I think Luke Youngs - last week - comments were interesting in that respect....I think the players have suffered from MON going and the shambles that followed all through the Club.

I actually quite like Mcleish, I think he has started where needed, the defence, and wants a lot more, but is finding the players need work (confidence ? less fear ?) and I am going to guess that GH and Co played a fair part in that.

A lot of teams haven't done great so far, not just us, and being unbeaten is a good start - comparisons with Blues are misplaced, we can build on defensive solidity - and Mcleish seems to want us to - wheras it was all Blues had.

Im going to end my point on this but if GH was still in charge we would have lost today as the commitment from our players was 100% and got an unlucky break for the QPR goal(though prob even up the luck on the penalty decision)

Its good to see players wanting to play for Aston Villa and putting their bodies on the line which is mainly down to McLeish

Im going to end my point on this but if GH was still in charge we would have lost today as the commitment from our players was 100% and got an unlucky break for the QPR goal(though prob even up the luck on the penalty decision)

Its good to see players wanting to play for Aston Villa and putting their bodies on the line which is mainly down to McLeish

I think it's somewhat of a myth that there was no commitment or "fight" under Houllier. Towards the end of his reign especially we were fighting well, like against West Ham for example. McLeish hasn't always got the players committed either, take the Bolton or Newcastle games for example. I blame the players just as much as the manager for lack of commitment though.

If GH was in charge we wouldn't have wasted a half smacking the ball up to their goalkeeper every few minutes. Once we started to pass and move, we looked a 100% better, then we scored and it all went back to the usual smack it up the field shit again.

From what I have read into Eck's after match comments he is as pissed off as we are with the first half performance served up by the players.

Whether true or not here are a couple of quotes

"I gave them a few home truths at half time,It was very poor"

"We were chasing shadows,not putting a foot in and not making runs off the ball.It was insipid and not an Aston Villa performance"

That does not sound to me like a man sending his players out to just defend.

Â