The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I think I will see in end of May if I have an opinion on McLeish then. Think it is quite early and short sighted to have an opinion now.

Perhaps,

But..

Is it really that shortsighted? Have you seen the way we are playing?

Im not sure sacking him at this very moment is a good idea, but after 15-20 games and it hasnt improved, then we should be looking at a replacement before its too late.

May may very well be too late.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I will see in end of May if I have an opinion on McLeish then. Think it is quite early and short sighted to have an opinion now.

Whilst McLeish is at the club, we are not just standing still, we are slipping backwards.

I have nothing personally against him, he is just tactically limited, unimaginative and predictable. Having a "chat" with senior players after the Bolton game suggests he cannot sort out that dross himself.

Having a "chat" with senior players after the Bolton game suggests he cannot sort out that dross himself.

Course it could also suggest a bit of good man management but no best to view it as he cant sort anything out.

Just watched that press conference on AVTV. So uninspiring and depressing. Can't believe he's using the 'IT's NOT 1982' card already. Valencia got rid of Villa, Mata and Silva yet I watched them boss Barca the other night. Plenty of examples of teams who have sold but are still strong through shrewd transfer dealings and non-defeatist managers.

Should be sacked for being realistic and knowing what year it actually ;)

haha yeah they really bossed Barcelona when Barcelona could have had 2 penalties and Guaita made some good saves.

Whats the year got to do with anything?

At the end of the day he has his workforce and he has his budget, get on with it. Can he achieve or not? If not, I dont want want hear petty excuses about not enough funds, or its the wrong time of the year, or the wrong year in football.

He held onto the players he wanted to keep. The last regime would have probably have seen, Dunne 50k a week, Gabby 50k a week, Warnock 50k a week, plus maybe a few more come off the wage bill..Ensuring new signings could have come in giving us a fresh look for this season.

McLeish is making his own bed, he too has the squad to work with, or sell and replace with others. He sold L.Young and bought in Hutton...He loaned out Makoun and bought in Jenas...This is McLeish laying down his own footprints on the squad...If the fans cant see any progress, they will voice opinion.

Having a "chat" with senior players after the Bolton game suggests he cannot sort out that dross himself.

Course it could also suggest a bit of good man management but no best to view it as he cant sort anything out.

clearly he isn't a good man manager as he can't get them playing well at all. now he has resorted to asking the players what's going wrong which tells me he hasn't got a clue. if he can't tell that its down to his poor team selections, poor signings, poor tactics and poor formation then frankly he needs to be sacked

clearly he isn't a good man manager as he can't get them playing well at all. now he has resorted to asking the players what's going wrong which tells me he hasn't got a clue. if he can't tell that its down to his poor team selections, poor signings, poor tactics and poor formation then frankly he needs to be sacked

I don't know if this is a cultural thing, but during my active hockey days this was quite common. Sometimes we held team retrospectives after poor games to collectively talk through what went wrong and how to improve. At other times we talked individually with the coach to go through the game and mistakes made both by me and him.

I interpret that as a team thing. Something you do to improve as a collective, not AM sheepishly asking his players for advice.

haha im sure if you ask Petrov, Dunne, Collins and Gabby are doing well for him after last years debacle they will disagree. He seems to treat our players like adults which they like

I think results and performances probably back my argument more than yours, but good luck with your permanent "glass half full" attitude.

results and performaces after the Bolton match? see into the future, can you?

the players coming out and saying Bodymoor is a much happier place is an indication that he's having a positive effect on the morale of players

Thats ok then..

The football and results dont matter...Just as long as these highly paid players have a happy worklife in which to earn their crust..

the players coming out and saying Bodymoor is a much happier place is an indication that he's having a positive effect on the morale of players

The players that revolted when they were told they would be training twice a day an the three day week was being removed.

Good for them, why work hard for your £50k a week when you can get it for doing sod all.

Having watched that first half, I would be surprised if McLeish can fill a 5 day week with coaching drills.

Having watched that first half, I would be surprised if McLeish can fill a 5 day week with coaching drills.

what was wrong with 1st half. We defended quite well unlike last season and for all QPR possesion Given didnt make a save

Some of our fans are so pathetic. Being within a few seconds of a win at a rejuvenated QPR is not a bad result, and McLeish has not made a bad start to his managerial reign. He's staying, get over it and back the team you depressing words removed!

what was wrong with 1st half. We defended quite well unlike last season and for all QPR possesion Given didnt make a save

Are you serious? the first half was truly awful.

please explain how. Villa defended brilliantly, Given didnt make a meaningful save and for all teh ball QPR had tehy did **** all with it

I think results and performances probably back my argument more than yours, but good luck with your permanent "glass half full" attitude.

Well thanks for the good luck wishes.

As I dont fall into the category of want it all yesterday people that you bemoaned previously I dont mind waiting and giving the guy a chance to see if performances like todays second half become more frequent, its only been 6 games.

So you didnt watch the 2nd half or you just decided to ignore it as it doesnt suit your argument?

Thats ok then..

The football and results dont matter...Just as long as these highly paid players have a happy worklife in which to earn their crust..

Of course results matter but where did he say it didnt? But having a good morale is key to any team working well together. You could clearly see the lads are together and put in a good shift today. Football can be worked on but when you destroy/lose a dressing room it is very difficult to repair.

Are you serious? the first half was truly awful.

please explain how. Villa defended brilliantly, Given didnt make a meaningful save and for all teh ball QPR had tehy did **** all with it

Except football isn't all about defending.. it's about attacking too.

Â