The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

He woke the team up for the second half. If we were more clinical and had a final ball in the final third we would have been 2 or 3 up. I think that will come with experience and the team playing together more and more.

I think Big Eck is doing ok so far, some crap performances and some positives as well. I think he will do very well for us in the future (I hope!).

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having watched that first half, I would be surprised if McLeish can fill a 5 day week with coaching drills.

what was wrong with 1st half. We defended quite well unlike last season and for all QPR possesion Given didnt make a save

Are you serious? the first half was truly awful.

please explain how. Villa defended brilliantly, Given didnt make a meaningful save and for all teh ball QPR had tehy did **** all with it

Except football isn't all about defending.. it's about attacking too.

but defending is most important part of football as you cant win games without it and fact we were missing 2 strikers and Jenas as well

He woke the team up for the second half. If we were more clinical and had a final ball in the final third we would have been 2 or 3 up. I think that will come with experience and the team playing together more and more.

I think Big Eck is doing ok so far, some crap performances and some positives as well. I think he will do very well for us in the future (I hope!).

Did we dominate at home to Wolves, Newcastle or Bolton? Three of the greatest sides ever to grace VP.

but defending is most important part of football as you cant win games without it and fact we were missing 2 strikers and Jenas as well

I understand defending is important however we didn't look to score in that first half until Bannan's free kick.. it was an awful first half and QPR were all over us.

We started with plenty of players behind the ball again which made it look worse.

Even missing 2 strikers I felt we could've done alot better with the players we had on the pitch and the 2nd half performance sort of proved it anyway.

The first half really wasn't good, just because we didn't concede that does not mean nothing was wrong with the first half.

Having watched that first half, I would be surprised if McLeish can fill a 5 day week with coaching drills.

what was wrong with 1st half. We defended quite well unlike last season and for all QPR possesion Given didnt make a save

Are you serious? the first half was truly awful.

please explain how. Villa defended brilliantly, Given didnt make a meaningful save and for all teh ball QPR had tehy did **** all with it

Except football isn't all about defending.. it's about attacking too.

Yes we defended well but the first half performance was poor, credit where its due though we were much better in the second half

We started with plenty of players behind the ball again which made it look worse.

If we hadnt have done that we would have been ripped apart :s

The first half really wasn't good, just because we didn't concede that does not mean nothing was wrong with the first half.

away from home not conceding in the first half is good for any team

We really wouldn't had we closed down quicker and actually had a midfield rather than staying deep.

against a QPR side that were made to look like Barcelona by us? Did you see even see the first half? awful to watch no attacking intent at all.

yup, we should have won that, we did well second half, if the zog had been on his game we'd have won easy. i had a bad feeling when on that last corner there was no-one in the box and they crossed it anyway!

good positive football in the second half, something to build on, unbeaten still and unlucky not to be 5th. i hope we give eck time to get this lot playing as they did in patches in the second half for 90 mins. if he can do that we will do well.

We really wouldn't had we closed down quicker and actually had a midfield rather than staying deep.

against a QPR side that were made to look like Barcelona by us? Did you see even see the first half? awful to watch no attacking intent at all.

yes we made them look like Barcelona cause Barcelona always go the first half without troubling the opposition goalkeeper.

Reason we were pegged back is like all Warnock teams they had so much energy and were fired up for first 30 minutes but they didnt actually do anything

There is no doubt our game shodows the set up and play of blues. Even the blues played good football on occasions. From a positive point of view, we do have better players than blues had, McLeish just needs to start playing them to there strengths i.e as today, we can play good attacking football if set up correctly.

yes we made them look like Barcelona cause Barcelona always go the first half without troubling the opposition goalkeeper.

They were passing it around freely without anyone closing down.. had all the time on the ball.

Reason we were pegged back is like all Warnock teams they had so much energy and were fired up for first 30 minutes but they didnt actually do anything

I don't buy it, the team has been doing this for sometime now even before this match, defending far deep and not having shots at goal.. it's the tactics.

Woeful anti-football .

Utter shit to watch.

McLeish done OK result wise (i feared a much worse start) but we will always be a chore to watch with his rubbish anti-football.

This is not direct football of MON - it is quite different - it is ANTI-FOOTBALL . Completely different.

Defense has improved a lot and the ref helped us out today but this is utter rubbish football -lets not kid ourselves.

They were passing it around freely without anyone closing down.. had all the time on the ball.

we done that under Houllier and got us nowhere

I don't buy it, the team has been doing this for sometime now even before this match, defending far deep and not having shots at goal.. it's the tactics.

still unbeaten in Premier League means we are doing ok and last 2 goals we conceded have been very unlucky

Because the defence was rubbish, This current manager has sorted the defence hasn't he? so what's the problem?

still unbeaten in Premier League means we are doing ok and last 2 goals we conceded have been very unlucky

In terms of results it's ok.. in terms of performance it's far from OK.

This is not direct football of MON - it is quite different - it is ANTI-FOOTBALL . Completely different.

Im sure Fabio Capello, Trappatoni or even Mourinho would not call it anti-football. Its a defensive game and its effective. Anti-football is what Rangers did at Old Trafford last year or Scotland vs Czech Republic

Because the defence was rubbish, This current manager has sorted the defence hasn't he? so what's the problem?

im sorry i dont understand what your trying to say here? I said we knocked the ball around under Houllier without going anywhere like QPR in 1st half

im sorry i dont understand what your trying to say here? I said we knocked the ball around under Houllier without going anywhere like QPR in 1st half

We knocked the ball around 2nd half and could've been another goal had albrighton made the pass to Weimann who was free.. so i'm not sure what statement your trying to make either.

Hoofing it to Gabby and N'Zogbia's head like we did in the first half got us nowhere either.

We knocked the ball around 2nd half and could've been another goal had albrighton made the pass to Weimann who was free.. so i'm not sure what statement your trying to make either.

Hoofing it to Gabby and N'Zogbia's head like we did in the first half got us nowhere either.

yeah again you seem to be going off the topic here for some bizarre reason.

Â