The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Feel good at the moment, if a little concerned about relegation, just the thought of him going and the end to his negative football makes me feel positive about watching Villa again. :)

Same. I think it's almost a certainly now that he'll be leaving at the end of season.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel good at the moment, if a little concerned about relegation, just the thought of him going and the end to his negative football makes me feel positive about watching Villa again. :)

Same. I think it's almost a certainly now that he'll be leaving at the end of season.

I'm still not 100% confident yet, I think the coffin lids on but we have to make sure we hammer the nails down at the Spurs game, we need to protest before at HT and afterwards and get the message across again. Otherwise I can just see them saying oh the Bolton game was just a one off, he's kept us up we're going to give him another year as he's promised to be in the top half of the division next year. I think we're just going to stay up now but we need to make our voices heard about McLeish's tenure to ensure he goes.

He still has a chance of being in charge next season because he wont walk and Lerner is weak.

You have to raise the roof on Sunday, let him, Lerner and everyone know he isn't ever going to be accepted and he HAS to go ASAP!

Mcleish out day!!!!!!!!!!!

god damn, he still hasnt gone

he is like that stubborn orangy dog shit you tread in, but only when you are wearing those trainers with hundreds of swirly ridges in the sole of the shoe, making it almost impossible to remove.

that reminds me

the mrs moaned at me the other day for using her toothbrush again

i told her " OK FINE, BUT IF YOU KNOW A BETTER WAY OF GETTING DOG SHIT OFF YOUR TRAINERS, LET ME KNOW".

babooom

Is anyone else concerned with who we'll get instead though? Surely we're in for another relegation scrap next year :(

I can"t think of anyone as bad as McGutless, except for maybe Smith at G.Rangers,so anyone else will be better than this gutless twit.

I have never seen Villa players play with so little heart. These are not players completely devoid of talent (a couple aside) and I cannot begin to imagine there is anyone else out there who could be so oppressive and utterly dull... This is not a squad that, on paper, should be where they are currently...

Sure, he's had his fair share of injuries, but some (in fact a lot, nay, most) of his decisions have been completely baffling...

The sooner he's gone the better, and it's only upwrads from there...

god damn, he still hasnt gone

he is like that stubborn orangy dog shit you tread in, but only when you are wearing those trainers with hundreds of swirly ridges in the sole of the shoe, making it almost impossible to remove.

that reminds me

the mrs moaned at me the other day for using her toothbrush again

i told her " OK FINE, BUT IF YOU KNOW A BETTER WAY OF GETTING DOG SHIT OFF YOUR TRAINERS, LET ME KNOW".

babooom

:lol:

I actually love your posts.

The team has been crying out for months for someone, anyone with an ounce of footballing nous to take charge. McLeish is not and never will be that man.

I just pray we don't swap like for like.

I said some, I havent felt as low as last Tuesday and Wednesday for years, but some people on Twitter are simply reveling in the fact that McLeish has failed.
True. If I had to guess I'd say it's because their position is being proven right i.e. they said he'd fail all along. I don't necessarily think they like Villa being where they are, they're just taking a little too much joy from them being right. Not that many thought he'd be a glowing success anyway.
For me personally it is totally mixed emotions and I think in order to try and understand some of the "revelling" (not sure it is that but I will use that word to explain it) that people are saying they are seeing then you have to look at the reaction that people were faced with at the start of the season when they were against the appointment and were not prepared to give any chance to Mcleish, or were prepared to give the chance and were vehemently opposed to him joining. There was vilification to their opinion, so it is only reasonable now to expect those fans to feel vindicated.

Speaking for myself I have had loads of shite thrown at me for my opinions on

1. MON

2. Houllier

3. Mcleish

and for my opinion 3 years ago on Lerner (if that plea to Randy Lerner thread had not been cropped it would make for interesting reading).

After some of the stuff aimed my way it is hard to not feel a little vindicated now. It does not mean I am happy where Villa are, quite the opposite in fact it is even more frustrating because it was predicted, the opinion rubbished and has still come to pass.

I said some, I havent felt as low as last Tuesday and Wednesday for years, but some people on Twitter are simply reveling in the fact that McLeish has failed.
True. If I had to guess I'd say it's because their position is being proven right i.e. they said he'd fail all along. I don't necessarily think they like Villa being where they are, they're just taking a little too much joy from them being right. Not that many thought he'd be a glowing success anyway.
For me personally it is totally mixed emotions and I think in order to try and understand some of the "revelling" (not sure it is that but I will use that word to explain it) that people are saying they are seeing then you have to look at the reaction that people were faced with at the start of the season when they were against the appointment and were not prepared to give any chance to Mcleish, or were prepared to give the chance and were vehemently opposed to him joining. There was vilification to their opinion, so it is only reasonable now to expect those fans to feel vindicated.

Speaking for myself I have had loads of shite thrown at me for my opinions on

1. MON

2. Houllier

3. Mcleish

and for my opinion 3 years ago on Lerner (if that plea to Randy Lerner thread had not been cropped it would make for interesting reading).

After some of the stuff aimed my way it is hard to not feel a little vindicated now. It does not mean I am happy where Villa are, quite the opposite in fact it is even more frustrating because it was predicted, the opinion rubbished and has still come to pass.

See, I don't see any vindication in that at all.

Your appeal for Lerner to sell was at a time when he was pumping money into the club and MON was recklessley spending it. So I think most would view that as spoilt brat syndrome. What has come to pass since then doesn't make you a prophet, or 'right.' As you weren't concerned about how the club was being run and whether the method was sustainable. You simply wanted MORE spending. Come hell or highwater.

As for McLeish, I'd say the vast majority had major doubts about his suitability and record. But it's not as if we were appointing a complete novice or Carlton Palmer-type figure. His CV is mixed: the equal (at least) of MON in the hothouse that is Glasgow, CL experience with Rangers, signing Arteta for peanuts; international experience with Scotland and even winning a major trophy for a two bob outfit like the B-lose.

Against that, you have the third placed finish in a two horse race up north, two recent relegations (with a team last year who probably weren't the third worst team in the division) and a style of football that made MON's approach look positively progressive.

But -once the dust had settled- I think most of us hoped there was enough in the 'positives' section to try and convince ourselves that the appointment wouldn't be a total disaster, and the season a complete write off.

We all know how it's turned out, but I take absolutely no joy in the fact that the doubts I had about the man have come to pass.

Is anyone else concerned with who we'll get instead though? Surely we're in for another relegation scrap next year :(

Would like to see us appoint Slaven Bilic,other end of the spectrum to Mcleish,proven International Manager who surely will be looking for a new challenge at the end of Euro 2012. Excellent player,nasty bastard when he wanted to be although played the game with a smile on his face.

International Managerial Record with Croatia -

1 August 2006 Present P59 W40 D13 L6 67.80%

a lot of the "shite" people got was in response to seriously over the top instant hatred for AM on a personal level, which was never gonna help anyone and the responses were quite often in teh same tone as the original post.

i was one of the people who were prepared to give him time, he's had it, he's failed, he should go. doesn't mean that the over the top keyboard warrior BS spouted by a few on here was a presentient revelation though. it's still over the top BS.

i was one of the people who were prepared to give him time, he's had it, he's failed, he should go. doesn't mean that the over the top keyboard warrior BS spouted by a few on here was a presentient revelation though. it's still over the top BS.

^ That.

(Most) people would have loved it if he had been a success here, and taken down SHA in the season before. But that didn't happen, all the reports of his style of football and poor results at other clubs have come true here for Villa.

^ That.

(Most) people would have loved it if he had been a success here, and taken down SHA in the season before. But that didn't happen, all the reports of his style of football and poor results at other clubs have come true here for Villa.

This is the key point.

I was also one defending him. However the style of play and being threatened with relegation is unforgivable. As will Aston Villa being below 40 points for a season!

He looks a beaten man and I don't think he has it in him to do another season whether Randy wants him to or not.

Â