The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

After the Bolton game I was so sure he was going to get sacked, but now I have a horrible feeling he's going to stay and Randy will accept all the bullshit excuses McLeish will comes out with.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some fans believe McLeish will definitely be gone at the end of the season, others don't trust Lerner and think McLeish will still be around for next season.

Those of us that want to protest to get a message across will do so and those that don't won't.

That's it. End of.

Here here!

As for saying its only football.............Why what else is there???

Its not only football its AVFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the level of personal abuse directed at him against Bolton really got to him.

Seems like the way forward is to increase the personal abuse. It sounds harsh but if it works the **** it. Give him loads :lol:

I agree entirely, we must do eveything we can to get him out. Keep the pressure on until he goes.

He says he is thick skinned, if I was on his salary then I would be.

Obviously our first priority is survival but Mcleish has got to go ASAP.

I actually disagree with this.

He will certainly leave at the end of the season so there is no need to give him personal abuse. He wants to succeed and has worked hard for our club, but he just hasn't been good enough. It is RL who is culpable for appointing him in the first place. No one deserves that abuse for trying and failing.

As much as I want him to go, I believe it is already all over for him and to personally abuse him wil reflect poorly on the integrity of the Villa fans so I won't be joining in with any chanting.

Good post.

McLeish will go. Quite possibly.

I prefer to base my decisions on hard facts and hard evidence.

So far all I have seen/heard is a wishy washy statement from Paul Faulkner and a load of hearsay, gut feeling comments and wishful thinking.

Not exactly categoric proof.

Is the Spuds match being televised?

If it is and there is a demonstration then it will be like pissing in the wind. You'll get rid of the problem but it will come back on you.

McLeish will get the sympathy vote from the media and fellow managers while the fans will be made to look foolish.

He's already gone after the next two games so let the chairman do his job and let him pull the trigger.

Why do you reckon that!? The media finally clocked on after the Bolton match and there has been a flurry of articles about how McLeish isn't up to the job.

The only people in the media giving him the sympathy vote are nobbers like Gray and Collymore.

It's final nail in the coffin time on Sunday.

His body language at the hawthorns gave it away for me

He knows he's failed and I suspect he tried to resign after Bolton but was told to see the season out then an agreement will be reached

There is no need to abuse the man, he tried his best and it wasn't good enough

Think about it, fans abusing the manager, what will any decent prospective manager think about that

What constitutes personal abuse?

We want McLeish out. **** off McLeish. Is it the swearing or what?

The two are massively different.

You wouldnt sack an employee by telling him to **** off

You wouldnt make a complaint in a shop/restaurant by telling the manager to **** off.

How about 5,000 fans singing "**** off McLeish the villa is ours"

It's abusive

It's personal

It's not needed

He knows he's failed and I suspect he tried to resign after Bolton but was told to see the season out then an agreement will be reached

Think about it, fans abusing the manager, what will any decent prospective manager think about that

I am not saying 'personal abuse' is acceptable but abuse of the manager probably happens at every football club where the manager has seriously under performed and, in McLeish's case, blamed everyone and everything but himself.

As for any decent prospective manager, I think if you put enough zero's on their wage then they will take the job.

I think the level of personal abuse directed at him against Bolton really got to him.

Seems like the way forward is to increase the personal abuse. It sounds harsh but if it works the **** it. Give him loads :lol:

I agree entirely, we must do eveything we can to get him out. Keep the pressure on until he goes.

He will certainly leave at the end of the season so there is no need to give him personal abuse. He wants to succeed and has worked hard for our club, but he just hasn't been good enough. It is RL who is culpable for appointing him in the first place. No one deserves that abuse for trying and failing.

As much as I want him to go, I believe it is already all over for him and to personally abuse him wil reflect poorly on the integrity of the Villa fans so I won't be joining in with any chanting.

Good post.

Seconded.

Hes just One of many people who underperform in their job through lack of ability.

Hopefully he'll think he is going to have to do a good **** job!!!

As for telling a employee to **** off. Yeah if he was as shit at his job as McLeish was I would!

The two are massively different.

You wouldnt sack an employee by telling him to **** off

You wouldnt make a complaint in a shop/restaurant by telling the manager to **** off.

Yes, it would be better to sing something like McLeish out my lord. The problem is a lot of chants contain swearing.

On the whole, despite the woeful performances, the vast majority of villa fans at the games, home and away have been very supportive and patient, only Wigan away last 30 mins and the closing stages of Bolton last Tuesday have turned personally abusive in audible numbers

Lets keep it this way as he's gone anyway

THIS.

The bloke has undoubtedly put all his effort into this, he'd have wanted to have proven the doubters wrong, have made the minority who hold his Blues background against him eat humble pie. He's done nothing to deserve the level of hounding people are directing at him. Inadequate coach for our football team - yes....vile human being - no.

People, it's football, get a grip.

Nonsense, how has he made the minority eat humble pie?? they thought he was shit at blues, they thought he was shit when he joined, they still think he is shit now.

If anything its mcleish that is having to eat humble pie after spouting how he would prove the doubters wrong, how he would bring free flowing attacking football, how him being negative was a myth.

All he has done is prove how shit we all knew he would be from the off. he has not admitted to any mistakes and he he has made countless ones all season and he keeps making the hole he is in bigger and bigger with his pathetic excuses.

None of us are 100% certain he is going anywhere yet so I say increase the pressure

Â